Auto Place Buy And Sell Orders In ThinkOrSwim

Hi everybody,
I have a favor to ask and hope someone can help with coding my hard stop strategy for a 1-minute setup.
I am looking for the hard stop coding that can do the following:
1. Look at the 1st bar of every hour (ex: 7 am bar, 8 am bar, etc), go LONG if the price is higher than the high of the 1st bar, or go SHORT if the price lower than the low of the 1st bar.
2. Hard stop will be set to 0.5% of the entry price for either LONG or SHORT, if triggered, trades will switch from LONG -> SHORT, or SHORT -> LONG
3. The trade will close out at the end of the hour (ex: 7:59 am, 8:59 am, etc) and the trade cycle continue from the next hour.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Bryan

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

I am new to using thinkscript and it might just be that I coded it wrong. My strategy just uses the HULL EMA to make trades and is very simple. on my chart it shows where it would places the trade but no orders are being placed.

Thank you in advance

Code:
plot pHull = MovingAverage(AverageType.HULL, close[0], 12)[-2];
plot cHull = MovingAverage(AverageType.HULL, open[0], 12);

def buy = pHull crosses above cHull;
def sell = pHull crosses below cHull;

# Define the number of contracts and trailing stop loss amount as variables
def numberOfContracts = 1;
def trailingStopAmount = 15;

# Define the volume threshold
def volumeThreshold = 1000;

# Check if volume is above the threshold
def isVolumeValid = volume > volumeThreshold;

# Place a buy order with a trailing stop loss only if volume is above the threshold
AddOrder(OrderType.BUY_AUTO, buy[1] and isVolumeValid, close[0], numberOfContracts, Color.GREEN, Color.GREEN);

# Place a sell order with a trailing stop loss only if volume is above the threshold
AddOrder(OrderType.SELL_AUTO, sell[1] and isVolumeValid, close[0], numberOfContracts, Color.RED, Color.RED);

Hi, new here.
I'm trying to play with strategies in ToS but I don't understand why my order is not placed. I feel myself stupid as I don't believe it's an error on ToS side but I can't understand why it does not work.

JavaScript:
def mv = MovAvgExponential(close, 9, 0, no);

AddOrder(OrderType.BUY_TO_OPEN, close crosses above mv, open[-1], 1, name="Buy");
AddOrder(OrderType.SELL_TO_CLOSE, close crosses below mv, open[-1], 1, name="Sell");

AddChartBubble(Yes, high + 10,  close crosses above mv, color.White);

And here how it looks on chart, as you can see there is bubble saying 1 but no order next day...
Vqlo4KY.png

Can someone point me to what Im doing wrong?
Thanks.

Ive never felt like I was very good at strategy scripts. So Im starting again, this time with something ive used in the past. Im trying to use a change in the macd hitogram as a trigger for a buy order. However, it wont trigger a buy order. Not sur ewhat Im doing wrong.

Code:
# Define MACD parameters
input fastLength = 12;
input slowLength = 26;
input macdLength = 9;

# Calculate MACD Line and Signal Line
def macdLine = MACD(fastLength, slowLength, macdLength)."Value";
def signalLine = MACD(fastLength, slowLength, macdLength)."Avg";

# Calculate MACD Histogram (difference between MACD Line and Signal Line)
def macdHistogram = macdLine - signalLine;

# Detect a change in MACD Histogram from decreasing to increasing
def decreasingHistogram = macdHistogram < macdHistogram[1]; # Decreasing
def increasingHistogram = macdHistogram > macdHistogram[1]; # Increasing

# Buy signal when histogram goes from decreasing to increasing
def buySignal = decreasingHistogram[1] and increasingHistogram;

# Add buy orders
AddOrder(OrderType.BUY_TO_OPEN, condition = buySignal, name = "Enter Long @");

The ToS app is the most robust technical charting and analysis platform available.
The app is used by traders, who are looking to build customized specialized charts to be used as analytical tools to assist in trading decisions.

The ToS app does not support automated trading. There are no auto-trade indicators on the forum.
AddOrder strategies ONLY provide simulated nor real trades.
Executing trades requires manual input from you.

While ToS provides the ability to set up a conditional order:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/answers-to-commonly-asked-questions.6006/#post-80482
It still needs to be created manually, and it only executes once. There is no ability for the trading cycle to continue.

There are options outside of ThinkOrSwim for automating trades:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/outside-auto-trading-solutions-for-thinkorswim.19379/

@samlee @jakin000000 @bkpshah @Kasper777 @firstuser @dominooch
@BAP @TRex50 @AlanChenMB
@ConCac @CyrusCall @bauereri
@matt.mcall111 @JK100 @Trader1M
@mtepera @BlueThunder @Morgmorgan
@Saki1 @Hendrix02 @Gdragon28 @SpaciousO @Nicktoquick @Dmitry @Gradiusr @bitshift

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BAP