Auto Fib (Fibonacci) Levels Indicator for ThinkorSwim

J

jdkgatsby

Hi people. what a wonderful community. Big respect for coders and people who are willing to help.

I've been looking for auto-fibs that starts(low) at the "previous close" and ends (high) at the high of the day.
for intraday trading
Ive been searching for this for weeks and tried changing the low to previous close, tried tweaking the scripts, etc but no luck.
I joined this community and ask to you guys as a last resort
can anyone show me how this can be done?

Thanks!

J

jdkgatsby

Thanks for the prompt reply.
yes i checked this one out I have zero idea what's going on with this one. lines are everywhere when i change the aggregation period to 2 days. with 1 day, they are just tightly packed at the random area way below today's priceaction. (im using 1min chart).
could you teach me how i can change the formula? starting point being yesterday's close to hod

zeek

zeek

VIP
If i wanted to remove the labels completely on the left side but still keep the price labels on the right side, what lines of code do i need to remove from the source?

T

tomsk

VIP
Warehouse
Version 1.3 of the study no longer displays labels on the left. Read the comments in the code, it has been moved to the right. See post # 38

zeek

zeek

VIP
Version 1.3 of the study no longer displays labels on the left. Read the comments in the code, it has been moved to the right. See post # 38
Ok, must have missed that. Will have a look at v1.3
Thanks

I

irishgold

Great study especially version 1.3 now, I'm trying to create a study that adds this concept but evaluates on a point in time when I get a buy or sell signal study I am using. Looking for a deep pullback only to buy. So something like plot buy = FibFlag and buyGrn(is a 21 bar price reversal) and RSI_UP_flag(based on RSI_LaguereAlert crossing above 0) with FibFlag representing price <= (Retracement5*.90) but obviously the calculation of the Retracement would have to be looking back at that point in time that the signals fire instead of the timeframe of the chart(ie:5 days 15min). I don't know if this is possible.
[edit]
I guess I realize the chart number of days determines range to look for highest and lowest. I think when the buy signal fires I just need to go back look for highest high and (lowest low since highest high) and if price < range * coefficient .786 than it would validate my buy signal.
[edit] This code works but only in case of a recent high and low just prior to buysignal, I guess I need def b as lowest low since highest high.
input high = high;
input low = low;
Input Coefficient_5 = .786;
def a = HighestAll(high);
def b = LowestAll(low);
def range = a - b;
def value5 = range * coefficient_5;
Def Fib786 = Highestall( a- value5);
Def FibFlag = if price < = Fib786then Yes else No;

Last edited:
L

Leminhat

VIP
Folks here is version 1.3 of the Auto Fib study that now displays the bubbles on the right of the chart.
Please ensure that you increase the expansion area to that the bubbles have room to be displayed
Personally I set that to 22 on my chart settings

Chart Settings > Time Axis > Expansion Area

Given several changes to this code from the first time it was posted by @BenTen in 2018, I have created a change log
It details the various modifications to the base code that was made including a really nice cleaned up version from @theelderwand

Hope this helps

Code:
# Auto Fib V1.3
# tomsk
# 11.19.2019

# Automatically draws fibonacci retracements using the highest price and lowest price
# from the current view and timeframe.
#
# Fibonacci retracements use horizontal lines to indicate areas of support or resistance
# at the key Fibonacci levels before it continues in the original direction. These levels
# are created by drawing a trendline between two extreme points and then dividing the
# vertical distance by the key Fibonacci ratios of: 23.6%, 38.2%, 50%, 61.8%, 78.6%, and 100%.

# CHANGE LOG
#
# V1.0 - 12.18.2018 - BenTen       - Initial release of Auto Fib, created by Ryan Hendricks
# V1.1 - 11.15.2019 - theelderwand - As script was difficult to read, made the following enhancements
#                                    Expands to right
#                                    Doesn't expand to left
#                                    Custom colors for Fibonacci bars (0.618 is GOLD color)
#                                    Custom line weights
#                                    Code is modularized so you can add extra plots as needed
# V1.2 - 11.15.2019 - tomsk        - Added an input selector for the colors of the label. You
#                                    can select from any of the colors listed - red, orange,
#                                    green, etc and bubbles for all the fib retracements will
#                                    utilize that color.
# V1.3 - 11.19.2019 - tomsk        - Modified the AddChartBubbles to be displayed on the right
#                                    side of the chart. Please ensure that you increase the
#                                    expansion area to that the bubbles have room to be displayed
#                                    Chart Settings > Time Axis > Expansion Area

#hint Price: Price used in the alerts on crossing retracement lines. <b>(Default is Close)</b>

#hint coefficient_0: Retracement Line 0: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.<b>(Default is 0%)</b>
#hint Coefficient_1: Retracement Line 1: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.<b>(Default is 23.6%)</b>
#hint Coefficient_2: Retracement Line 2: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.<b>(Default is 38.2%)</b>
#hint Coefficient_3: Retracement Line 3: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.<b>(Default is 50%)</b>
#hint Coefficient_4: Retracement Line 4: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.<b>(Default is 61.8%)</b>
#hint Coefficient_5: Retracement Line 5: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.<b>(Default is 78.6%)</b>
#hint Coefficient_6: Retracement Line 6: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.<b>(Default is 100%)</b>

#wizard input: Price
#wizard text: Inputs: Price:
#wizard input: coefficient_0
#wizard text: coefficient_0:
#wizard input: Coefficient_1
#wizard text: Coefficient_1:
#wizard input: Coefficient_2
#wizard text: Coefficient_2:
#wizard input: Coefficient_3
#wizard text: Coefficient_3:
#wizard input: Coefficient_4
#wizard text: Coefficient_4:
#wizard input: Coefficient_5
#wizard text: Coefficient_5:
#wizard input: Coefficient_6
#wizard text: Coefficient_6:

input price = close;
input high = high;
input low = low;
input coefficient_0 = 0.000;
input coefficient_1 = .236;
input Coefficient_2 = .382;
input Coefficient_3 = .500;
input Coefficient_4 = .618;
input Coefficient_6 = 1.000;

input LabelColor = {default "MAGENTA", "CYAN", "PINK", "LIGHT_GRAY", "ORANGE", "RED", "GREEN", "GRAY", "WHITE"};
input n = 3;

def n1  = n + 1;
def b = LowestAll(low);
def barnumber = barNumber();
def c = if high == a then barnumber else double.nan;
def d = if low == b then barnumber else double.nan;
rec highnumber = compoundValue(1, if IsNaN(c) then highnumber[1] else c, c);
def highnumberall = HighestAll(highnumber);
rec lownumber = compoundValue(1, if IsNaN(d) then lownumber[1] else d, d);
def lownumberall = LowestAll(lownumber);

def upward = highnumberall > lownumberall;
def downward = highnumberall < lownumberall;

def x = AbsValue(lownumberall - highnumberall );

def slope = (a - b) / x;
def slopelow = (b - a) / x;

def day = getDay();
def month = getMonth();
def year = getYear();
def lastDay = getLastDay();
def lastmonth = getLastMonth();
def lastyear = getLastYear();
def isToday = if(day == lastDay and month == lastmonth and year == lastyear, 1, 0);
def istodaybarnumber = HighestAll(if isToday then barnumber else double.nan);
def line = b + (slope * (barnumber - lownumber));
def linelow = a + (slopelow * (barnumber - highnumber));
def currentlinelow = if barnumber <= lownumberall then linelow else double.nan;
def currentline = if barnumber <= highnumberall then line else double.nan;

Plot FibFan =  if  downward then currentlinelow else if upward then currentline else double.nan;
FibFan.SetStyle(Curve.SHORT_DASH);
FibFan.AssignValueColor(color.red);
fibfan.hidebubble();

def range =  a - b;

def value0 = range * coefficient_0;
def value1 = range * coefficient_1;
def value2 = range * coefficient_2;
def value3 = range * coefficient_3;
def value4 = range * coefficient_4;
def value5 = range * coefficient_5;
def value6 = range * coefficient_6;

def condition1 = downward and barnumber >= highnumberall;
def condition2 = upward and barnumber >= lownumberall;

Plot Retracement0 = if condition1 then highestall(b + value0) else if condition2 then highestall(a - value0) else double.nan;
Plot Retracement1 = if condition1 then highestall(b + value1) else if condition2 then highestall(a - value1) else double.nan;
Plot Retracement2 = if condition1 then highestall(b + value2) else if condition2 then highestall(a - value2) else double.nan;
Plot Retracement3 = if condition1 then highestall(b + value3) else if condition2 then highestall(a - value3) else double.nan;
Plot Retracement4 = if condition1 then highestall(b + value4) else if condition2 then highestall(a - value4) else double.nan;
Plot Retracement5 = if condition1 then highestall(b + value5) else if condition2 then highestall(a - value5) else double.nan;
Plot Retracement6 = if condition1 then highestall(b + value6) else if condition2 then highestall(a - value6) else double.nan;

Retracement0.assignvaluecolor(CreateColor(255,255,255));
Retracement0.setLineWeight(4);
retracement0.hidebubble();
AddChartBubble((downward and close[n1]) and IsNaN(close[n]), retracement0, concat( (coefficient_0 * 100), "%"), GetColor(LabelColor), yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and close[n1]) and IsNaN(close[n]), retracement0, concat( (coefficient_0 * 100), "%"), GetColor(LabelColor), yes);

Retracement1.assignvaluecolor(CreateColor(173,216,230));
Retracement1.setLineWeight(2);
retracement1.hidebubble();
AddChartBubble((downward and close[n1]) and IsNaN(close[n]), retracement1, concat( (coefficient_1 * 100), "%"), GetColor(LabelColor), yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and close[n1]) and IsNaN(close[n]), retracement1, concat( (coefficient_1 * 100), "%"), GetColor(LabelColor), yes);

Retracement2.assignvaluecolor(CreateColor(0,197,49));
Retracement2.setLineWeight(2);
retracement2.hidebubble();
AddChartBubble((downward and close[n1]) and IsNaN(close[n]), retracement2, concat( (coefficient_2 * 100), "%"), GetColor(LabelColor), yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and close[n1]) and IsNaN(close[n]), retracement2, concat( (coefficient_2 * 100), "%"), GetColor(LabelColor), yes);

Retracement3.assignvaluecolor(CreateColor(255,64,64));
Retracement3.setLineWeight(3);
retracement3.hidebubble();
AddChartBubble((downward and close[n1]) and IsNaN(close[n]), retracement3, concat( (coefficient_3 * 100), "%"), GetColor(LabelColor), yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and close[n1]) and IsNaN(close[n]), retracement3, concat( (coefficient_3 * 100), "%"), GetColor(LabelColor), yes);

Retracement4.assignvaluecolor(CreateColor(255,215,0));
Retracement4.setLineWeight(5);
retracement4.hidebubble();
AddChartBubble((downward and close[n1]) and IsNaN(close[n]), retracement4, concat( (coefficient_4 * 100), "%"), GetColor(LabelColor), yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and close[n1]) and IsNaN(close[n]), retracement4, concat( (coefficient_4 * 100), "%"), GetColor(LabelColor), yes);

Retracement5.assignvaluecolor(CreateColor(0,255,255));
Retracement5.setLineWeight(2);
retracement5.hidebubble();
AddChartBubble((downward and close[n1]) and IsNaN(close[n]), retracement5, concat( (coefficient_5 * 100), "%"), GetColor(LabelColor), yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and close[n1]) and IsNaN(close[n]), retracement5, concat( (coefficient_5 * 100), "%"), GetColor(LabelColor), yes);

Retracement6.assignvaluecolor(CreateColor(255,255,255));
Retracement6.setLineWeight(4);
Retracement6.hidebubble();
AddChartBubble((downward and close[n1]) and IsNaN(close[n]), retracement6, concat( (coefficient_6 * 100), "%"), GetColor(LabelColor), yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and close[n1]) and IsNaN(close[n]), retracement6, concat( (coefficient_6 * 100), "%"), GetColor(LabelColor), yes);

alert((price crosses below Retracement0) , "Price crosses below Retracement Line 0");
alert((price crosses above Retracement0) , "Price crosses above Retracement Line 0");
alert((price crosses below Retracement1) , "Price crosses below Retracement Line 1");
alert((price crosses above Retracement1) , "Price crosses above Retracement Line 1");
alert((price crosses below Retracement2) , "Price crosses below Retracement Line 2");
alert((price crosses above Retracement2) , "Price crosses above Retracement Line 2");
alert((price crosses below Retracement3) , "Price crosses below Retracement Line 3");
alert((price crosses above Retracement3) , "Price crosses above Retracement Line 3");
alert((price crosses below Retracement4) , "Price crosses below Retracement Line 4");
alert((price crosses above Retracement4) , "Price crosses above Retracement Line 4");
alert((price crosses below Retracement5) , "Price crosses below Retracement Line 5");
alert((price crosses above Retracement5) , "Price crosses above Retracement Line 5");
alert((price crosses below Retracement6) , "Price crosses below Retracement Line 6");
alert((price crosses above Retracement6) , "Price crosses above Retracement Line 6");
# End Auto Fib v1.3
[/QUOT
Thank you for the study! Just a quick request.
By any chance, can you add the choices of time aggregation? Cause the fibs will change how many day you zoom out.

Thanks @tomsk

T

tomsk

VIP
Warehouse
That study works for whatever chart aggregation you have - Just make sure you have sufficient number of bars on your chart. For daily aggregation I usually have it for 3 years. Check your settings in Chart Settings > Time Axis. The study also works on intraday aggregations as well

raghavag2004

raghavag2004

VIP
Warehouse
@tomsk in V3 is there any option / setting we can display the price for that FIB levels on top of the line?

H

horserider

VIP
Warehouse
@raghavag2004 Try this study.

Code:
##Begin

#hint: <b>Fibonacci Retracements</b>\nFibonacci retracements use horizontal lines to indicate areas of support or resistance at the key Fibonacci levels before it continues in the original direction. These levels are created by drawing a trendline between two extreme points and then dividing the vertical distance by the key Fibonacci ratios of: 23.6%, 38.2%, 50%, 61.8%, 78.6%, and 100%.

#hint Price: Price used in the alerts on crossing retracement lines. <b>(Default is Close)</b>
#hint onExpansion: Determines if the retracement lines are projected past the current bar into the right side expansion <b>(Default is Yes)</b>
#hint Extend_to_left: Determines if the retracement lines are extended to the left side of the chart. <b>(Default is No)</b>

#hint Coefficient0: Retracement Line 0: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.\n <b>(Default is 0%)</b>
#hint Coefficient_1: Retracement Line 1: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.\n <b>(Default is 23.6%)</b>
#hint Coefficient_2: Retracement Line 2: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.\n <b>(Default is 38.2%)</b>
#hint Coefficient_3: Retracement Line 3: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.\n <b>(Default is 50%)</b>
#hint Coefficient_4: Retracement Line 4: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.\n <b>(Default is 61.8%)</b>
#hint Coefficient_5: Retracement Line 5: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.\n <b>(Default is 78.6%)</b>
#hint Coefficient_6: Retracement Line 6: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.\n <b>(Default is 100%)</b>

#wizard input: onExpansion
#wizard text: onExpansion:
#wizard input: Extend_to_left
#wizard text: Extend_to_left:
#wizard input: Coefficient0
#wizard text: Coefficient0:

input price = close;
input high = high;
input low = low;
input onExpansion = Yes;
input Extend_to_left = no;
input Coefficient0 = 0.000;

def b = LowestAll(low);

def slope = (a - b) / x;

def day = getDay();
def month = getMonth();
def year = getYear();
def isToday = if(day == lastDay and month == lastmonth and year == lastyear, 1, 0);

Plot FibFan =  if  downward then currentlinelow else if upward then currentline else double.nan;
fibfan.hidebubble();

def range =  a - b;

Plot Retracement0 = if downward and !onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient0))) else if upward and !extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient0)) else if downward and onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient0))) else if upward and onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and !extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient0)) else if downward and !onexpansion and extend_to_left and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient0))) else if upward and extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient0)) else if downward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient0))) else if upward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient0)) else double.nan;
Retracement0.assignvaluecolor(color.red);
AddChartBubble((barnumber == istodaybarnumber), retracement0, concat( "$", round(retracement0, 2)), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((downward and barnumber == highnumberall), retracement0, concat( (coefficient0 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and barnumber == lownumberall), retracement0, concat( (coefficient0 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);

Plot Retracement1 =  if downward and !onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_1))) else if upward and !extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_1)) else if downward and onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_1))) else if upward and onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and !extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_1)) else if downward and !onexpansion and extend_to_left and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_1))) else if upward and extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_1)) else if downward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_1))) else if upward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_1)) else double.nan;
Retracement1.assignvaluecolor(color.red);
AddChartBubble((barnumber == istodaybarnumber), retracement1, concat( "$", round(retracement1, 2)), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((downward and barnumber == highnumberall), retracement1, concat( (coefficient_1 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and barnumber == lownumberall), retracement1, concat( (coefficient_1 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);

Plot Retracement2 =if downward and !onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_2))) else if upward and !extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_2)) else if downward and onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_2))) else if upward and onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and !extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_2)) else if downward and !onexpansion and extend_to_left and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_2))) else if upward and extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_2)) else if downward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_2))) else if upward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_2)) else double.nan;
Retracement2.assignvaluecolor(color.red);
AddChartBubble((barnumber == istodaybarnumber), retracement2, concat( "$", round(retracement2, 2)), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((downward and barnumber == highnumberall), retracement2, concat( (coefficient_2 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and barnumber == lownumberall), retracement2, concat( (coefficient_2 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);

Plot Retracement3 = if downward and !onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_3))) else if upward and !extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_3)) else if downward and onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_3))) else if upward and onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and !extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_3)) else if downward and !onexpansion and extend_to_left and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_3))) else if upward and extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_3)) else if downward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_3))) else if upward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_3)) else double.nan;
Retracement3.assignvaluecolor(color.red);
AddChartBubble((barnumber == istodaybarnumber), retracement3, concat( "$", round(retracement3, 2)), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((downward and barnumber == highnumberall), retracement3, concat( (coefficient_3 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and barnumber == lownumberall), retracement3, concat( (coefficient_3 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);

Plot Retracement4 = if downward and !onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_4))) else if upward and !extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_4)) else if downward and onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_4))) else if upward and onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and !extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_4)) else if downward and !onexpansion and extend_to_left and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_4))) else if upward and extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_4)) else if downward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_4))) else if upward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_4)) else double.nan;
Retracement4.assignvaluecolor(color.red);
AddChartBubble((barnumber == istodaybarnumber), retracement4, concat( "$", round(retracement4, 2)), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((downward and barnumber == highnumberall), retracement4, concat( (coefficient_4 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and barnumber == lownumberall), retracement4, concat( (coefficient_4 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);

Plot Retracement5 = if downward and !onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_5))) else if upward and !extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_5)) else if downward and onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_5))) else if upward and onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and !extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_5)) else if downward and !onexpansion and extend_to_left and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_5))) else if upward and extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_5)) else if downward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_5))) else if upward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_5)) else double.nan;
Retracement5.assignvaluecolor(color.red);
AddChartBubble((barnumber == istodaybarnumber), retracement5, concat( "$", round(retracement5, 2)), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((downward and barnumber == highnumberall), retracement5, concat( (coefficient_5 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and barnumber == lownumberall), retracement5, concat( (coefficient_5 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);

Plot Retracement6 = if downward and !onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_6))) else if upward and !extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_6)) else if downward and onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_6))) else if upward and onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and !extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_6)) else if downward and !onexpansion and extend_to_left and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_6))) else if upward and extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_6)) else if downward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_6))) else if upward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_6)) else double.nan;
Retracement6.assignvaluecolor(color.red);
retracement6.hidebubble();
AddChartBubble((barnumber == istodaybarnumber), retracement6, concat( "$", round(retracement6, 2)), color.red, yes);

AddChartBubble((downward and barnumber == highnumberall), retracement6, concat( (coefficient_6 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and barnumber == lownumberall), retracement6, concat( (coefficient_6 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);

alert((price crosses below Retracement0) , "Price crosses below Retracement Line 0");
alert((price crosses above Retracement0) , "Price crosses above Retracement Line 0");
alert((price crosses below Retracement1) , "Price crosses below Retracement Line 1");
alert((price crosses above Retracement1) , "Price crosses above Retracement Line 1");
alert((price crosses below Retracement2) , "Price crosses below Retracement Line 2");
alert((price crosses above Retracement2) , "Price crosses above Retracement Line 2");
alert((price crosses below Retracement3) , "Price crosses below Retracement Line 3");
alert((price crosses above Retracement3) , "Price crosses above Retracement Line 3");
alert((price crosses below Retracement4) , "Price crosses below Retracement Line 4");
alert((price crosses above Retracement4) , "Price crosses above Retracement Line 4");
alert((price crosses below Retracement5) , "Price crosses below Retracement Line 5");
alert((price crosses above Retracement5) , "Price crosses above Retracement Line 5");
alert((price crosses below Retracement6) , "Price crosses below Retracement Line 6");
alert((price crosses above Retracement6) , "Price crosses above Retracement Line 6");

S

San

VIP
@raghavag2004 Try this study.

Code:
##Begin

#hint: <b>Fibonacci Retracements</b>\nFibonacci retracements use horizontal lines to indicate areas of support or resistance at the key Fibonacci levels before it continues in the original direction. These levels are created by drawing a trendline between two extreme points and then dividing the vertical distance by the key Fibonacci ratios of: 23.6%, 38.2%, 50%, 61.8%, 78.6%, and 100%.

#hint onExpansion: Determines if the retracement lines are projected past the current bar into the right side expansion <b>(Default is Yes)</b>
#hint Extend_to_left: Determines if the retracement lines are extended to the left side of the chart. <b>(Default is No)</b>

#hint Coefficient0: Retracement Line 0: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.\n <b>(Default is 0%)</b>
#hint Coefficient_1: Retracement Line 1: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.\n <b>(Default is 23.6%)</b>
#hint Coefficient_2: Retracement Line 2: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.\n <b>(Default is 38.2%)</b>
#hint Coefficient_3: Retracement Line 3: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.\n <b>(Default is 50%)</b>
#hint Coefficient_4: Retracement Line 4: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.\n <b>(Default is 61.8%)</b>
#hint Coefficient_5: Retracement Line 5: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.\n <b>(Default is 78.6%)</b>
#hint Coefficient_6: Retracement Line 6: Retracement from the highest high to the lowest low.\n <b>(Default is 100%)</b>

#wizard input: onExpansion
#wizard text: onExpansion:
#wizard input: Extend_to_left
#wizard text: Extend_to_left:
#wizard input: Coefficient0
#wizard text: Coefficient0:

input price = close;
input high = high;
input low = low;
input onExpansion = Yes;
input Extend_to_left = no;
input Coefficient0 = 0.000;

def b = LowestAll(low);

def slope = (a - b) / x;

def day = getDay();
def month = getMonth();
def year = getYear();

fibfan.hidebubble();

def range =  a - b;

Plot Retracement0 = if downward and !onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient0))) else if upward and !extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient0)) else if downward and onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient0))) else if upward and onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and !extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient0)) else if downward and !onexpansion and extend_to_left and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient0))) else if upward and extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient0)) else if downward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient0))) else if upward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient0)) else double.nan;
Retracement0.assignvaluecolor(color.red);
AddChartBubble((barnumber == istodaybarnumber), retracement0, concat( "$", round(retracement0, 2)), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((downward and barnumber == highnumberall), retracement0, concat( (coefficient0 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and barnumber == lownumberall), retracement0, concat( (coefficient0 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);

Plot Retracement1 =  if downward and !onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_1))) else if upward and !extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_1)) else if downward and onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_1))) else if upward and onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and !extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_1)) else if downward and !onexpansion and extend_to_left and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_1))) else if upward and extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_1)) else if downward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_1))) else if upward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_1)) else double.nan;
Retracement1.assignvaluecolor(color.red);
AddChartBubble((barnumber == istodaybarnumber), retracement1, concat( "$", round(retracement1, 2)), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((downward and barnumber == highnumberall), retracement1, concat( (coefficient_1 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and barnumber == lownumberall), retracement1, concat( (coefficient_1 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);

Plot Retracement2 =if downward and !onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_2))) else if upward and !extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_2)) else if downward and onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_2))) else if upward and onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and !extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_2)) else if downward and !onexpansion and extend_to_left and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_2))) else if upward and extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_2)) else if downward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_2))) else if upward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_2)) else double.nan;
Retracement2.assignvaluecolor(color.red);
AddChartBubble((barnumber == istodaybarnumber), retracement2, concat( "$", round(retracement2, 2)), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((downward and barnumber == highnumberall), retracement2, concat( (coefficient_2 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and barnumber == lownumberall), retracement2, concat( (coefficient_2 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);

Plot Retracement3 = if downward and !onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_3))) else if upward and !extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_3)) else if downward and onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_3))) else if upward and onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and !extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_3)) else if downward and !onexpansion and extend_to_left and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_3))) else if upward and extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_3)) else if downward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_3))) else if upward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_3)) else double.nan;
Retracement3.assignvaluecolor(color.red);
AddChartBubble((barnumber == istodaybarnumber), retracement3, concat( "$", round(retracement3, 2)), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((downward and barnumber == highnumberall), retracement3, concat( (coefficient_3 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and barnumber == lownumberall), retracement3, concat( (coefficient_3 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);

Plot Retracement4 = if downward and !onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_4))) else if upward and !extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_4)) else if downward and onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_4))) else if upward and onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and !extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_4)) else if downward and !onexpansion and extend_to_left and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_4))) else if upward and extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_4)) else if downward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_4))) else if upward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_4)) else double.nan;
Retracement4.assignvaluecolor(color.red);
AddChartBubble((barnumber == istodaybarnumber), retracement4, concat( "$", round(retracement4, 2)), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((downward and barnumber == highnumberall), retracement4, concat( (coefficient_4 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and barnumber == lownumberall), retracement4, concat( (coefficient_4 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);

Plot Retracement5 = if downward and !onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_5))) else if upward and !extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_5)) else if downward and onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_5))) else if upward and onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and !extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_5)) else if downward and !onexpansion and extend_to_left and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_5))) else if upward and extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_5)) else if downward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_5))) else if upward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_5)) else double.nan;
Retracement5.assignvaluecolor(color.red);
AddChartBubble((barnumber == istodaybarnumber), retracement5, concat( "$", round(retracement5, 2)), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((downward and barnumber == highnumberall), retracement5, concat( (coefficient_5 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and barnumber == lownumberall), retracement5, concat( (coefficient_5 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);

Plot Retracement6 = if downward and !onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_6))) else if upward and !extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_6)) else if downward and onexpansion and !extend_to_left and barnumber >= highnumberall then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_6))) else if upward and onexpansion and barnumber >= lownumberall and !extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_6)) else if downward and !onexpansion and extend_to_left and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_6))) else if upward and extend_to_left and !onexpansion and barnumber <= istodaybarnumber then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_6)) else if downward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall((b + (range *  coefficient_6))) else if upward and onexpansion and extend_to_left then highestall(a - (range * coefficient_6)) else double.nan;
Retracement6.assignvaluecolor(color.red);
retracement6.hidebubble();
AddChartBubble((barnumber == istodaybarnumber), retracement6, concat( "$", round(retracement6, 2)), color.red, yes);

AddChartBubble((downward and barnumber == highnumberall), retracement6, concat( (coefficient_6 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);
AddChartBubble((upward and barnumber == lownumberall), retracement6, concat( (coefficient_6 * 100), "%"), color.red, yes);

@horserider , Is it possible to combine in FIB Extension and Retracement?

zeek

zeek

VIP
I`ve searched around but i can`t find a Fibonacci Extension study that works just like this Retracement study and auto draws the extension levels based on the high & low of the day. Does anyone know if there is a script avaliable for this?

T

tomsk

VIP
Warehouse
Most of the Fibonacci retracement studies I have seen utilize Highestall high and Lowestall low as the basis for the fibs. Consequently the extensions of 127% or 161.8% or anything greater than 100% or less than 0% will never be met. This is probably why there aren't many fibonacci extension studies out there.

J007RMC

J007RMC

VIP
Warehouse
Thank you for the study! Just a quick request.
By any chance, can you add the choices of time aggregation? Cause the fibs will change how many day you zoom out.

Thanks @tomsk
I LIKE THE VER 1.3

zeek

zeek

VIP
Most of the Fibonacci retracement studies I have seen utilize Highestall high and Lowestall low as the basis for the fibs. Consequently the extensions of 127% or 161.8% or anything greater than 100% or less than 0% will never be met. This is probably why there aren't many fibonacci extension studies out there.
Yeah, but the extensions are already avaliable as drawings in TOS but requires that the user first select the low and high point to calculate the extension levels. So i don’t see why it would be impossible to create a study for this that automatically calculate and draw the levels based on the 0% and 100% levels.

T

tomsk

VIP
Warehouse
Just letting you know what I had observed. Who knows perhaps there is such a study out there. At the end of the day if you really need the extension levels you can use the drawing tools