Add alerts to a Recursive indicator?

Monopod

VIP
I am wondering if it is possible to create alerts for the HACOLT indicator which is one fo the studies included with TOS. I believe this one is recursive. I would need the alert to function on a tick chart. This indicator does not repaint and does not kick out a large number of signals, but it does go around the clock. Any thoughts?

@Monopod - https://tos.mx/fqc241A

Added Vertical Lines for the test, remove if you wish. Has been tested on a tick and time chart.

y5RU8Fc.png

MC- I have used that for a week now and find that it works very well. Thank you for taking the time. I really appreciate it.

At the risk of taking advantage of the kindness of strangers, I also need an alert for the Hull Moving Average (HMA) indicator for the color change of the plot line. I use the 20 period on a tick chart. I need the sound only and preferably a different alert tone than the one used on the HACOLT above.

MC- I have used that for a week now and find that it works very well. Thank you for taking the time. I really appreciate it.

At the risk of taking advantage of the kindness of strangers, I also need an alert for the Hull Moving Average (HMA) indicator for the color change of the plot line. I use the 20 period on a tick chart. I need the sound only and preferably a different alert tone than the one used on the HACOLT above.
This should work - https://tos.mx/ybVtMbX

This has a delay to help identify possible whip-saws. The alert sound can be changed under edit studies.

Last edited:
I hope someone can help me with Recursive variables.

I want to capture if the last signal was a buy or if it was a sell.

How do I retain the status? When I try this, nothing plots.

def signalstate = if buysignal then 1 else if sellsignal then -1 else signalstate[1];
# buysignal and sellsignal only have a value when the signal occurs, and is equal to Double.NaN the rest of the time

plot Trend = signalstate;

Can someone educate me on what I am doing wrong?

thanks

Assuming you already have definitions for buy and sell signals already established, here is how you retain the state whether the last signal was a buy or sell.

Code:
def signalstate;

if buysignal {
    signalstate = 1;
} else if sellsignal {
    signalstate = -1;
} else {
    signalstate = signalstate[1];
}

AddLabel(1, "State = " + if signalstate == 1 then "Buy" else if signalstate == -1 then "Sell" else " ", Color.White);

I take that back!! Sorry.

I was assuming the wrong data type of my signals.

When I changed it to:

if !IsNaN(buysignal) {
signalstate = 200;
} else if !IsNaN(sellsignal) {
signalstate = -200;
} else {
signalstate = signalstate[1];
}

It worked fine.

Thanks for your help

I recently found a great study/strategy, and I would love to semi-automate it using alerts or conditional orders, but it has a recursive function involved, compoundValue. Anyone have any idea how to get around that issue?
thanks,
J

Hi @mc01439 I find myself in the same situation as Monopod... Id like to receive an alert everytime the MovAvgAdaptive "AMA" crosses the MovAvgAdaptive"KAMA" on a specific set of stocks, as they are recursive I can't create it in the alert wizard. Can you help me out? Thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @mc01439 I find myself in the same situation as Monopod... Id like to receive an alert everytime the MovAvgAdaptive "AMA" crosses the MovAvgAdaptive"KAMA" on a specific set of stocks, as they are recursive I can't create it in the alert wizard. Can you help me out? Thank you in advance!

Here is a AMA KAMA code with an alert in it you my be able to use?

https://tos.mx/fKUab8M

Code:
#Alert
def alerttrigger1 = MovAvgAdaptive1 crosses MovAvgAdaptive2;

input alerttext = "!!!!! AMA  crosses KAMA  !!!!!";

input UseAlerts = {false, default true};

input AlertType = {default "BAR", "ONCE", "TICK"};

def at = AlertType;

input AlertSound = {"Chimes", "Ring", default "Bell", "NoSound", "Ding"};

Alert (alerttrigger1 and UseAlerts, alerttext, if at == 1 then Alert.ONCE else if at == 2 then Alert.TICK else Alert.BAR, AlertSound);

Sorry - will need to see the code you are using for "AMA" and "KAMA" to be more specific.

Hi everyone, I was attempting to make a strategy and also a conditional order that reference my 3 indicator system. 2 studies are built in to TOS and have no problem, but when i reference the RSI Lageurre time study i get an error in the strategy builder that says its probably too complicated to work and in the condition wizard that the study wont work because it contains recursion.
Anyway, my question is there a work around or a version of the mobius RSIL that will work for either conditional orders or Strategy?
Thanks anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.