Add alerts to a Recursive indicator?

Monopod

Monopod

I am wondering if it is possible to create alerts for the HACOLT indicator which is one fo the studies included with TOS. I believe this one is recursive. I would need the alert to function on a tick chart. This indicator does not repaint and does not kick out a large number of signals, but it does go around the clock. Any thoughts?

Monopod

Monopod

MC- I have used that for a week now and find that it works very well. Thank you for taking the time. I really appreciate it.

At the risk of taking advantage of the kindness of strangers, I also need an alert for the Hull Moving Average (HMA) indicator for the color change of the plot line. I use the 20 period on a tick chart. I need the sound only and preferably a different alert tone than the one used on the HACOLT above.

mc01439

mc01439

2019 Donor
VIP
MC- I have used that for a week now and find that it works very well. Thank you for taking the time. I really appreciate it.

At the risk of taking advantage of the kindness of strangers, I also need an alert for the Hull Moving Average (HMA) indicator for the color change of the plot line. I use the 20 period on a tick chart. I need the sound only and preferably a different alert tone than the one used on the HACOLT above.
This should work - https://tos.mx/ybVtMbX

This has a delay to help identify possible whip-saws. The alert sound can be changed under edit studies.

Last edited:
G

gerar85

Hi @mc01439 I find myself in the same situation as Monopod... Id like to receive an alert everytime the MovAvgAdaptive "AMA" crosses the MovAvgAdaptive"KAMA" on a specific set of stocks, as they are recursive I can't create it in the alert wizard. Can you help me out? Thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
mc01439

mc01439

2019 Donor
VIP
Hi @mc01439 I find myself in the same situation as Monopod... Id like to receive an alert everytime the MovAvgAdaptive "AMA" crosses the MovAvgAdaptive"KAMA" on a specific set of stocks, as they are recursive I can't create it in the alert wizard. Can you help me out? Thank you in advance!
Here is a AMA KAMA code with an alert in it you my be able to use?

https://tos.mx/fKUab8M

Code:
#Alert
def alerttrigger1 = MovAvgAdaptive1 crosses MovAvgAdaptive2;

input alerttext = "!!!!! AMA  crosses KAMA  !!!!!";

input UseAlerts = {false, default true};

input AlertType = {default "BAR", "ONCE", "TICK"};

def at = AlertType;

input AlertSound = {"Chimes", "Ring", default "Bell", "NoSound", "Ding"};

Alert (alerttrigger1 and UseAlerts, alerttext, if at == 1 then Alert.ONCE else if at == 2 then Alert.TICK else Alert.BAR, AlertSound);

Sorry - will need to see the code you are using for "AMA" and "KAMA" to be more specific.