Active Trader/Template work for Option trading

kristinas33

Hi. Have been trying to have automated strategy with my predefined templates to work for options. As I understand as per obviously my stop loss and take profit won't be showing on the chart of the underlying asset (stock) since the instrument I am trading is an option (and option name is used in the Active Trader panel.

Basically I trying to have a runner outlined here minute 7 of the video work for options.

Did anybody try this? as I understand that the order details probably won't show on the underlying asset graph but that's ok, as I want the functionality to be there to provide a fast in a out of the transaction without having to switch tabs or do lots of manual (error prone) entry. Thank you.

rad14733

VIP
I have always traded Options using Active Trader, similar to how the first video describes... I have attached an image of how my trading screens are setup... I also toggle Time and Sales on and off as needed...

You can also lookup Options from the Active Trader as well... When you click into the symbol box you get a menu and if you click on Options you get a condensed version of the Trade Tab... It doesn't give as much information but works well if you just want the ATM, ITM, or OTM option... I still use the Trade Tab at times because I have added the Delta column for picking OTM Options greater than a Delta of .30...

Just wanted to share...

iIUAcMF.jpg

kristinas33

@rad14733 thank you. out of curiosity - did "flatten" ever work on option orders during the live session (i have noticed that it doesn't for options - but so far i have been testing it using "on demand" simulator). perhaps there is place where "flatten" can be overwritten ). i was doing "single" buy /sell but it flatten doesn't allow to exit out of the position

rad14733

VIP
@rad14733 thank you. out of curiosity - did "flatten" ever work on option orders during the live session (i have noticed that it doesn't for options - but so far i have been testing it using "on demand" simulator). perhaps there is place where "flatten" can be overwritten ). i was doing "single" buy /sell but it flatten doesn't allow to exit out of the position
Yes, I use Flatten Now instead of Flatten because I don't want the delay of confirmation... I have Active Trader set for Auto Send but you have to swap the Flatten Now button in place of the Flatten button... It definitely works for Options...