Making “TRG w/Bracket” order as a Default in Active Trader

Learnbot

Hello,
So I was wondering if there is a way in TOS that will keep my Order Templet to TRG w/Brackets as default. Currently, I change it once, and then as soon as I place the order it reverts back to "Single".

fI9nVGH.png

hopefully, there is lol. I tried to google and all info I find is just to make a custom templet which i know how to make, i just cant make it stay as default lol

Thank you for your time

@Luis.Fernando No, I don't believe that we can make custom TRG w/brackets templates... I have never seen anything allowing for it but you could contact Thinkorswim Technical Support and report back with your findings as a definitive answer...

That happens to me also and if I change to another symbol it goes back to default. I called TD about that over a year ago and they told me it is a flaw at there end.

That happens to me also and if I change to another symbol it goes back to default. I called TD about that over a year ago and they told me it is a flaw at there end.
I would delete all TOS off of your computer and re-install it. I've been using TOS for couple years now and I don't have or ever experienced what you're describing....I would never live with that, ever!

I would delete all TOS off of your computer and re-install it. I've been using TOS for couple years now and I don't have or ever experienced what you're describing....I would never live with that, ever!
I will give them a call again. Maybe another tech support will know what to do about that

@graf Have you verified the setting I described above...??? I doubt reinstalling would accomplish anything... However, there is a remote possibility that deleting the usergui directory might... But first, even if the setting I described above is unchecked, check it again, save, uncheck it again, save, and see if that helps... You could optionally restart TOS between settings changes... I've been in IT Support for over 30 years so I'm not just throwing spitballs...

@graf Have you verified the setting I described above...??? I doubt reinstalling would accomplish anything... However, there is a remote possibility that deleting the usergui directory might... But first, even if the setting I described above is unchecked, check it again, save, uncheck it again, save, and see if that helps... You could optionally restart TOS between settings changes... I've been in IT Support for over 30 years so I'm not just throwing spitballs...
I will try what you said. Thanks

Christ, this reminds me of the old Windows 95/98 days -- reinstalling Windows was the standard advice to fix everything. Reinstalling TOS isn't going to change these things.

As Rad stated, when you send your order and the order info resets, that's controlled by a checkbox in the settings. Uncheck the box.

When you change symbols, yes Active Trader changes the values in the selected template to whatever it remembers for that symbol or to the defaults. I haven't seen any setting related to this. This happens on both of my computers and has always been this way. If you switch back to the previous symbol you'll likely see that it remembers the settings you had for that symbol. It only remembers for a limited duration. Looking at my current positions, my oldest ones are 18 to 20 trading days old and TOS already forgot the values I entered in the template. For positions I entered in the last few days it still remembers those values. This is somewhat useful since you may have a .30 stop on one stock and a 3.00 stop on another. In theory, it will prevent you from having to re-enter everything if you switch back and forth between symbols for which you already entered your values. Be careful with your Qty, though, because it doesn't change that.

Hello,
So I was wondering if there is a way in TOS that will keep my Order Templet to TRG w/Brackets as default. Currently, I change it once, and then as soon as I place the order it reverts back to "Single".

fI9nVGH.png

hopefully, there is lol. I tried to google and all info I find is just to make a custom templet which i know how to make, i just cant make it stay as default lol

Thank you for your time
Sorry to ask basic question. How is this setup in TOS ? Any links please. I am a beginner and hesitant to use TOS for trading.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.