VWAP Volume Breakout Indicator for ThinkorSwim

P

paca26

Ah I can see the scan results after setting "within 500" bars instead of 1. I guess since it's after hours now, setting to 500 looked back at bars 2500 mins ago.
Let me try the scan tomorrow morning during trading hours!

P

paca26

@BenTen the backtest results for this strategy have been great for me. I wanted to setup a conditional "buy" order based on these indicators so that TOS automatically buys and sell when the alerts fires.
I was able to click on the gear icon on a draft order and setup conditions but I could not figure out how to sell/exit automatically? Do you have any insights there?

I actually want to setup an OCO bracket order which buys when bull indicator is true. The "take profit" order should be EntryPrice() + 3%. Stop loss should either be when bear indicator is true or EntryPrice() - 6%.
Do you know if such an OCO order can be placed automatically on the study?

Appreciate your help!

G

godfreym

@mohitdas This should do it:

Code:
# Alerts
Alert(bull, " ", Alert.Bar, Sound.Chimes);
Alert(bear, " ", Alert.Bar, Sound.Bell);
I still cannot get the alerts to go off. The indicator is out there. I have a couple watchlists. Any idea why i would not alert on the arrows from a particular watchlist? This such a useful tool but you have to be on a stock to see the arrow. I would love if someone could show me how to set up the alert on a watchlist to sound off when a bull/bear arrow is placed on the chart. Anyone?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@godfreym No, this type of alerts will only work if you're currently looking at the chart.

If you want to get alerted for multiple stocks, you need to create a scanner > save the watchlist as a scanner > select the option "Alerts when scan results change..."

G

godfreym

Yea I did just duplicate an existing WL.
Wouldn't that alert then give me a notification on everything?
I can give it a shot

G

godfreym

@BenTen What do you think are the best charts to use this one with? 1 day 15 minute, 20 day 1 hr, etc?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@godfreym I don't use this in my trading. You should go through each timeframe and see which one works best for you.