True Momentum Oscillator for ThinkorSwim

markos

markos

VIP
@markos
https://www.tradingview.com/script/upUqzcQt-Trend-Catcher-for-Heikin-Ashi/
I found this and thought it would be a good addition. Don't need the arrows. Can you translate this to TOS?
I tried to add the chart but it wouldn't work for some reason.
Thanks btw for the explanation above. I definitely know what it's like to be different :)
I have seen that in the past, and thought that I wanted it. I know now that I not only don't want it but don't need it. It's just extra lipstick! BTW, translating that would be a royal pain, IMO.

tenacity11

tenacity11

2019 Donor
@tenacity11 I have made edits all the way through this thread. Please read from the top, sorry for the extra reading.

A number of questions: have you had a platform tour? Have you been to MyTrade on ToS? If you have not had your tour, please schedule one by clicking the support button at the top. Have 10 questions specific to what you want to know.
I have had a platform tour and have seen My Trade but have never used it.

markos

markos

VIP
I have had a platform tour and have seen My Trade but have never used it.
Glad you had your tour, I asked because after four years of using ToS, I just got an email asking me if I wanted a tour!

I have posted quite a few things to MyTrade, I follow other traders there for some of the brainstorms they post. MyTrade.com works well, so one doesn't tie up ToS.

tenacity11

tenacity11

2019 Donor
Glad you had your tour, I asked because after four years of using ToS, I just got an email asking me if I wanted a tour!

I have posted quite a few things to MyTrade, I follow other traders there for some of the brainstorms they post. MyTrade.com works well, so one doesn't tie up ToS.
I searched for you in My trade but found nothing. Also tried to search for the Trend Catcher for Heikin Ashi but found nothing. I wish I had better skills in coding so I wouldn't have to bother anyone for help.

markos

markos

VIP
@tenacity11 In MyTrade, when you put a name in the search, it often comes up blank.
Click people, which should be the top, grey choice, I should be in there.
It's not intuitive. But it does have hidden gems....

tenacity11

tenacity11

2019 Donor
@tenacity11 In MyTrade, when you put a name in the search, it often comes up blank.
Click people, which should be the top, grey choice, I should be in there.
It's not intuitive. But it does have hidden gems....
Found you and indeed some really good gems :)

tenacity11

tenacity11

2019 Donor
I have seen that in the past, and thought that I wanted it. I know now that I not only don't want it but don't need it. It's just extra lipstick! BTW, translating that would be a royal pain, IMO.
Thanks for the feedback. I think I have what I need. I'm going to keep this very simple.

Shinthus

Shinthus

2019 Donor
Whoa @markos , I just applied the TMO to my chart with RSI Laguerre..... Sometimes the RSIL gives false signals for buys but I noticed that the TMO will keep you out of those trades!

markos

markos

VIP
Whoa @markos , I just applied the TMO to my chart with RSI Laguerre..... Sometimes the RSIL gives false signals for buys but I noticed that the TMO will keep you out of those trades!
My CPU is fried, I'm here for just a few minutes. ... yup, I use both even though they are similar, just for the reasons you said.
Everyone needs their own set of "go to" tools, along with a way to use them.
Please go to Tutorials and download the grid from the RSI Laguerre file in there. When it opens > save Syle as "2 Grid RSI Laguerre".
That should also save the studies into the studies folder. If you don't use the 2 grid-timeframe, that's ok.
You need the new RSI Laguerre w Fractal Energy that is in there.
Thanks, and please continue to join the others in assisting @BenTen as you have.

Last edited:
horserider

horserider

VIP
@Chess68 Just a manipulation of MACD it seems. I think ya'll would do better to learn how the indicators work and not just look for Xs and arrows. Anyway here is what I think that indicator may be doing.

markos

markos

VIP
@Chess68 Just a manipulation of MACD it seems. I think ya'll would do better to learn how the indicators work and not just look for Xs and arrows. Anyway here is what I think that indicator may be doing.
@horserider thanks for posting and commenting on the study that @Chess68 posted. I appreciate that! Learning how indicators work is something that we all could brush up on to one degree or another. There are just so many.

C

Chess68

2019 Donor

C

Chess68

2019 Donor
Code:
<!-- TradingView Chart BEGIN -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://s3.tradingview.com/tv.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

var tradingview_embed_options = {};

tradingview_embed_options.width = '640';

tradingview_embed_options.height = '400';

tradingview_embed_options.chart = 'ogBNlpYD';

new TradingView.chart(tradingview_embed_options);

</script>

<p><a href="https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BYND/ogBNlpYD-sell/">sell</a> by <a href="https://www.tradingview.com/u/Chess68/">Chess68</a> on <a href="https://www.tradingview.com/">TradingView.com</a></p>

<!-- TradingView Chart END -->

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chess68

2019 Donor
MACD Divergences ; Lookback period 55
Fastlenth 12 Slowlenth 26 Signallenth 9 Smoother 2

markos

markos

VIP
Hmmm I wonder if those repaint. That looks very interesting. I can see it's some kind of directional indicator but I wonder what its code is like...
Could be the next reliable reversal indicator....maybe.
REPAINT?!? Don't you have enough rabbit Holes to go down already ? :unsure:🙃😉