Triple Exhaustion Indicator For ThinkOrSwim

Check to see if all criteria was coded as you indicated. Hopefully this is what you were looking for.

Triple Exhaustion Indicator
Ruby:
## Triple Exhaustion Indicator
##
##
## CREDITS
## Requested by @Chence27 from criteria listed here https://usethinkscript.com/threads/triple-exhaustion-indicator.9001/
##
##
## Removing the header Credit credits and description is not permitted, any modification needs to be shared.
##
## V 1.0 :    @cos251 - Initial release per request from www.usethinkscript.com forum thread:
##       :    https://usethinkscript.com/threads/triple-exhaustion-indicator.9001/
##
##
##

declare upper;

# --- Inputs
input over_bought = 80;
input over_sold = 20;
input KPeriod = 10;
input DPeriod = 10;
input priceH = high;
input priceL = low;
input priceC = close;
input averageType = AverageType.SIMPLE;
input length = 1000;
input paintBars = yes;
input showLabels = yes;

# --- Indicators - StochasticSlow / MACD / MACD StDev / DMI+/-
def SlowK = reference StochasticFull(over_bought, over_sold, KPeriod, DPeriod, priceH, priceL, priceC, 3, averageType).FullK;
def MACD = reference MACD()."Value";
def priceMean = Average(MACD, length);
def MACD_stdev =  (MACD - priceMean) / StDev(MACD, length);
def dPlus = reference DMI()."DI+";
def dMinus = reference DMI()."DI-";
# --- End Indicators

# --- Conditions
def sellerRegular = SlowK < 20 and MACD_stdev < -1 and dPlus < 15;
def sellerExtreme = SlowK < 20 and MACD_stdev < -2 and dPlus < 15;
def buyerRegular = SlowK > 80 and MACD_stdev > 1 and dMinus < 15;
def buyerExtreme = SlowK > 80 and MACD_stdev > 2 and dMinus < 15;
# --- End Conditions

# -- Price Color
AssignPriceColor( if paintBars and sellerExtreme then Color.CYAN else if buyerExtreme and paintBars then Color.GREEN else if paintBars and sellerRegular then Color.YELLOW else if buyerRegular and paintBars then Color.DARK_GREEN else if paintBars then Color.GRAY else Color.Current);

# --- Arrows/Triggers
plot RegularBuy = if sellerRegular[1] and !sellerRegular then low else Double.NaN;
plot ExtremeBuy = if sellerExtreme[1] and !sellerExtreme then low else Double.NaN;
RegularBuy.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingSTrategy.ARROW_UP);
ExtremeBuy.SetPaintingSTrategy(paintingSTrategy.Arrow_UP);
RegularBuy.SetDefaultColor(Color.LIME);
ExtremeBuy.SetDefaultColor(Color.GREEN);

plot RegularSell = if buyerRegular[1] and !buyerRegular then high else Double.NaN;
plot ExtremeSell = if buyerExtreme[1] and !buyerExtreme then high else Double.NaN;
RegularSell.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingSTrategy.ARROW_Down);
ExtremeSell.SetPaintingSTrategy(paintingSTrategy.Arrow_DOWN);
RegularSell.SetDefaultColor(Color.Light_RED);
ExtremeSell.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);

# --- Labels
AddLabel(showLabels,"SellerRegular",Color.YELLOW);
AddLabel(showLabels,"SellerExtreme",Color.CYAN);
AddLabel(showLabels,"BuyerRegular",Color.DARK_GREEN);
AddLabel(showLabels,"BuyerExtreme",Color.GREEN);

Triple Exhaustion Indicator SCAN (Scanner)
**UPDATE - added extreme buy and trend plots!

Ruby:
## Triple Exhaustion Indicator SCAN
##
##
## CREDITS
## Requested by @Chence27 from criteria listed here https://usethinkscript.com/threads/triple-exhaustion-indicator.9001/
## SCAN requested by @Trader_Andrew
##
## Removing the header Credit credits and description is not permitted, any modification needs to be shared.
##
## V 1.1 :    @cos251 - Added Extreme buy arrow and trend plots
##
## V 1.0 :    @cos251 - Initial release per request from www.usethinkscript.com forum thread:
##       :    https://usethinkscript.com/threads/triple-exhaustion-indicator.9001/
##       :    SCAN version requested by @Trader_Andrew
##
##
##

# --- Inputs
input over_bought = 80;
input over_sold = 20;
input KPeriod = 10;
input DPeriod = 10;
input priceH = high;
input priceL = low;
input priceC = close;
input length = 1000;
input paintBars = yes;
input showLabels = yes;

def SlowK = reference StochasticFull(over_bought, over_sold, KPeriod, DPeriod, priceH, priceL, priceC, 3, averageType).FullK;
def MACD_stdev =  (MACD - priceMean) / StDev(MACD, length);
# --- End Indicators

# --- Conditions
# --- End Conditions

# --- Arrows/Triggers
plot RegularBuyArrow = if sellerRegular[1] and !sellerRegular then 1 else Double.NaN;
plot ExtremeBuyArrow = if sellerExtreme[1] and !sellerExtreme then 1 else Double.NaN;
plot RegularSellArrow = if buyerRegular[1] and !buyerRegular then 1 else Double.NaN;
plot ExtremeSellArrow = if buyerExtreme[1] and !buyerExtreme then 1 else Double.NaN;
plot RegularBuyTrendExists = if sellerRegular then 1 else Double.NaN;
plot ExtremeBuyTrendExists = if sellerExtreme then 1 else Double.NaN;
plot RegularSellTrendExists = if buyerRegular then 1 else Double.NaN;
plot ExtremeSellTrendExists = if buyerExtreme then 1 else DOuble.NaN;
I can not get this scan to work. Do I set the condition to 'close is equal to (scan name) "Regular Buy Arrow" ' ?

I can not get this scan to work. Do I set the condition to 'close is equal to (scan name) "Regular Buy Arrow" ' ?
I do not use the scan buy I believe people were scanning the candles not the arrows. The watchlist column I shared is for the arrow within 3 bars. You can copy past it into the scanner I would imagine.

Yes it is mobile friendly... you will not see the colored candles only the arrows which indicates the end of exhaustion. I use it with my mobile setup.

Here is a screenshot of /ES 5min chart …

The red and green circles are Triple Exhastion… the circle that is dark inside is extreme exhaustion the circle with the lighter color inside is regular exhaustion

I’ve tried a couple versions of the study in this thread, none seem to be mobile friendly. Any chance you could share the version that is mobile friendly?

I’ve tried a couple versions of the study in this thread, none seem to be mobile friendly. Any chance you could share the version that is mobile friendly?
It would not be possible to use this indicator on mobile

If your looking for the candles to paint… Mobile does not have that functionality. If you load the original version of Triple exhaustion then open in mobile and change the arrows to dots (or leave the arrows) you may also need to add more days to your charts or change the length in settings to 900 or 1000.

The yellow circles show the green and red dots they are the “end of exhaustion” aka when the candles stop painting.

Attachments

• D797F4F7-3168-437E-9F5E-6147838D9EB0.jpeg
    D797F4F7-3168-437E-9F5E-6147838D9EB0.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 248
@HODL-Lay-HE-hoo! Hi HODL, I’ve also tried a couple of versions of the Triple Exhaustion Indicator study in this thread, but none of them are working on mobile. I tried to change the length in settings to 1000, but it is still not working. Your version seems to be working well on mobile. Would you be willing to share your code or link? Really interested to see it on mobile. Thank you.

If your looking for the candles to paint… Mobile does not have that functionality. If you load the original version of Triple exhaustion then open in mobile and change the arrows to dots (or leave the arrows) you may also need to add more days to your charts or change the length in settings to 900 or 1000.

The yellow circles show the green and red dots they are the “end of exhaustion” aka when the candles stop painting.

@HODL-Lay-HE-hoo! Hi HODL, I’ve also tried a couple of versions of the Triple Exhaustion Indicator study in this thread, but none of them are working on mobile. I tried to change the length in settings to 1000, but it is still not working. Your version seems to be working well on mobile. Would you be willing to share your code or link? Really interested to see it on mobile. Thank you.
Scroll down to the “Mobile Setup” post it shows my triple exhaustion settings (regularbuy RegularSell extremebuy ExtremeSell)

If you screenshot your settings it would be easier to help you. That being said if the version you are using has more than one aggregation (MTF) then the study will not work at all - you will need to use the non mtf variation.

https://usethinkscript.com/threads/the-confirmation-trend-chart-setup-the-end-all-be-all-for-thinkorswim.15257/post-124252

Hello, I found this script for a "Tripple Exhaustion Indicator". I wish to add a sound alert in the script in the "Arrows / Triggers" section for each "Arrow Up Or Arrow down statement. I found an example of "how to " on the web however I have not been able to successfully do it. I would really appreciate if some one can do it or show me how. I have below the original script I need modified and then below that the sample I found. Thanks.

##
##
## CREDITS
##
##
##
## V 1.0 : @cos251 - Initial release per request from www.usethinkscript.com forum thread:
## : https://usethinkscript.com/threads/triple-exhaustion-indicator.9001/
## V 1.1 : @Chence27 - modifcations to better approximate original study
##
##
##

declare upper;

# --- Inputs
input over_bought = 80;
input over_sold = 20;
input KPeriod = 10;
input DPeriod = 10;
input priceH = high;
input priceL = low;
input priceC = close;
input length = 1000;
input paintBars = yes;
input showLabels = yes;

def MACD_stdev = (MACD - priceMean) / StDev(MACD, length);
# --- End Indicators

# --- Conditions
# --- End Conditions

# -- Price Color
AssignPriceColor( if paintBars and sellerExtreme then Color.CYAN else if buyerExtreme and paintBars then Color.MAGENTA else if paintBars and sellerRegular then Color.GREEN else if buyerRegular and paintBars then Color.RED else if paintBars then Color.GRAY else Color.Current);

# --- Arrows/Triggers
plot RegularBuy = if sellerRegular[1] and !sellerRegular then low else Double.NaN;

RegularBuy.SetDefaultColor(Color.GREEN);

plot RegularSell = if buyerRegular[1] and !buyerRegular then high else Double.NaN;

RegularSell.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);

# --- Labels
AddLabel(showLabels,"SellerRegular",Color.RED);
AddLabel(showLabels,"SellerExtreme",Color.MAGENTA);
AddLabel(showLabels,"BuyerRegular",Color.GREEN);
AddLabel(showLabels,"BuyerExtreme",Color.CYAN);

Here is another one where we utilize two different alert sounds. You'll hear a chime when there is an up arrow and a bell sound when there is a down arrow.

Ruby:
#
# TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. (c) 2017-2020
#

input price = close;
input length = 9;
input displace = 0;

plot AvgExp = ExpAverage(price[-displace], length);
plot UpSignal = price crosses above AvgExp;
plot DownSignal = price crosses below AvgExp;

AvgExp.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(1));
UpSignal.SetDefaultColor(Color.UPTICK);
UpSignal.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
DownSignal.SetDefaultColor(Color.DOWNTICK);
DownSignal.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_DOWN);

# Alerts
Alert(UpSignal, "Price crossing above 9 EMA", Alert.Bar, Sound.Chimes);
Alert(DownSignal, "Price crossing below 9 EMA", Alert.Bar, Sound.Bell);

Hello, I found this script for a "Tripple Exhaustion Indicator". I wish to add a sound alert in the script in the "Arrows / Triggers" section for each "Arrow Up Or Arrow down statement. I found an example of "how to " on the web however I have not been able to successfully do it. I would really appreciate if some one can do it or show me how. I have below the original script I need modified and then below that the sample I found. Thanks.

##
##
## CREDITS
##
##
##
## V 1.0 : @cos251 - Initial release per request from www.usethinkscript.com forum thread:
## : https://usethinkscript.com/threads/triple-exhaustion-indicator.9001/
## V 1.1 : @Chence27 - modifcations to better approximate original study
##
##
##

declare upper;

# --- Inputs
input over_bought = 80;
input over_sold = 20;
input KPeriod = 10;
input DPeriod = 10;
input priceH = high;
input priceL = low;
input priceC = close;
input length = 1000;
input paintBars = yes;
input showLabels = yes;

def MACD_stdev = (MACD - priceMean) / StDev(MACD, length);
# --- End Indicators

# --- Conditions
# --- End Conditions

# -- Price Color
AssignPriceColor( if paintBars and sellerExtreme then Color.CYAN else if buyerExtreme and paintBars then Color.MAGENTA else if paintBars and sellerRegular then Color.GREEN else if buyerRegular and paintBars then Color.RED else if paintBars then Color.GRAY else Color.Current);

# --- Arrows/Triggers

RegularBuy.SetDefaultColor(Color.GREEN);

RegularSell.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);

# --- Labels
AddLabel(showLabels,"SellerRegular",Color.RED);
AddLabel(showLabels,"SellerExtreme",Color.MAGENTA);
AddLabel(showLabels,"BuyerRegular",Color.GREEN);
AddLabel(showLabels,"BuyerExtreme",Color.CYAN);

Here is another one where we utilize two different alert sounds. You'll hear a chime when there is an up arrow and a bell sound when there is a down arrow.

Ruby:
#
# TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. (c) 2017-2020
#

input price = close;
input length = 9;
input displace = 0;

plot AvgExp = ExpAverage(price[-displace], length);
plot UpSignal = price crosses above AvgExp;
plot DownSignal = price crosses below AvgExp;

AvgExp.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(1));
UpSignal.SetDefaultColor(Color.UPTICK);
UpSignal.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
DownSignal.SetDefaultColor(Color.DOWNTICK);
DownSignal.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_DOWN);
###################################
##Alerts
###################################
Alert(regularbuy[1], "Buy", Alert.BAR, Sound.DING);
Alert(regularsell[1], "Sell", Alert.BAR, Sound.DING);

this alert will trigger after the bar with the arrow closes… remove the “[1]” if you want the alert to trigger as the arrow appears though you will likely get multiple alerts rather than one.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.