Trend Reversal Indicator with Signals for ThinkorSwim

K

king_louie

VIP
@tenacity11 Hello, Quick question. For the Swing High Swing Low. The lines of this indicator works on mobile but the candle painting doesn't. Is there a way to maybe substitute the repainting for a boolean arrow for mobile? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
tenacity11

tenacity11

2019 Donor
@tenacity11 Hello, Quick question. For the Swing High Swing Low. The lines of this indicator works on mobile but the candle painting doesn't. Is there a way to maybe substitute the repainting for a boolean arrow for mobile? Thanks!
Not that I know of but BenTen might know

S

Sniper3lite

New member here hopefully someone is feeling kind today :) looking to get the VIP membership this weekend but wanted to try this indicator... can someone tell me why im not getting alerts? I copied @tenacity11 is code into my TOS study

T

tem2005

VIP
@tenacity11 I like your Swing high swing low. Will the candle coloring paint? what TF does it work best with?

S

Sniper3lite

Oh I've been using the crap out of it! LOVE it to death.....The bubbles are more eye appealing but when you stare at 6 to 8 different stocks at the same time, it gets overwhelming .... That's why I was asking you/community to possibly put an Audible Alert, or even a blinking red/blue bar on top of the chart?? Or the actual "Reversal" bubble change colors for 10 seconds or so??(I wonder if anyone has ever came up with that idea before?) Whichever is easiest???....definitely would raise eyebrows hahahahah

BTW.....it works magic on the FUTURES chart.....
Hey Stock trading did you get the alerts to work? I tried tenacity's code and it works good but no alerts and im certain im doing it correct... if you are do you mind pasting the link from TOS to your code?

tenacity11

tenacity11

2019 Donor
@tenacity11 I like your Swing high swing low. Will the candle coloring paint? what TF does it work best with?
The candles will repaint if exceeded. It works on all time frames. I primarily use it on a 5m.

T

tem2005

VIP
The candles will repaint if exceeded. It works on all time frames. I primarily use it on a 5m.
thank you. what do you mean by exceeded please? what makes it repaint if you could please clarify how indicator works.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Sniper3lite A few possible reasons:

1. The alert will only work for the ticker that you're currently looking at.
2. There was a delay in the signal

tenacity11

tenacity11

2019 Donor
thank you. what do you mean by exceeded please? what makes it repaint if you could please clarify how indicator works.
exceeded means if the low or high of the bar that is painted cyan or magenta is taken out then it will repaint. this indicator tells me that a possible low or high has been made.

K

king_louie

VIP
@tem2005 I tried it out today and it does repaint a lot. You shouldn't trade this indicator blindly. You need to know some technical analysis in combination with other indicators. Seems to give better signals if you use it with SuperTrend

T

tem2005

VIP
@tem2005 I tried it out today and it does repaint a lot. You shouldn't trade this indicator blindly. You need to know some technical analysis in combination with other indicators. Seems to give better signals if you use it with SuperTrend
Are you talking about the swing high swing low? How do you like it compared with trend reversal?

B

BobHug

VIP
exceeded means if the low or high of the bar that is painted cyan or magenta is taken out then it will repaint. this indicator tells me that a possible low or high has been made.
Can you tell me whether there is a limit as to how many candles after a signal appears that a signal will potentially repaint? If so, what is that number?

Also, I have noticed that (on a daily chart), a signal will sometimes show up for YESTERDAY, at TODAY'S close, when it did not appear at yesterday's close. Any idea why this happens? Thank you.

tenacity11

tenacity11

2019 Donor
Can you tell me whether there is a limit as to how many candles after a signal appears that a signal will potentially repaint? If so, what is that number?

Also, I have noticed that (on a daily chart), a signal will sometimes show up for YESTERDAY, at TODAY'S close, when it did not appear at yesterday's close. Any idea why this happens? Thank you.
Bob I've seen it happen after 2 or 3 but I do not use this as a stand alone. As far as the D chart I don't work with those for the most part so maybe one of our members who works with D charts can shed some insight for you.

S

Siva

VIP
@BenTen Can we get the alerts on mobile for this script? When I tried got some error related to ZigZagHighLow

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
@BenTen Can we get the alerts on mobile for this script? When I tried got some error related to ZigZagHighLow
What was the error...??? I'm not 100% certain but I don't think ZigZagHighLow will work on mobile due to aggregation... I'll double-check though...

V

VenB

VIP
Hi,

Can you please help me with the code where I can add Trend Reversal indicator up or down with different color on watch list? Thank you!!!

S

Siva

VIP
What was the error...??? I'm not 100% certain but I don't think ZigZagHighLow will work on mobile due to aggregation... I'll double-check though...
Got the below error.

Error processing referenced script SivaAlert: No such function: ZigZagHighLow at 1:1
Expected double at 1:17

Same error when I tried to add ParabolicSAR function as well

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Siva Was this related to the setup that @tenacity11 shared?

Edit: Never mind, I don't think so. Can you post a screenshot of the error?