Trend Reversal Indicator with Signals for ThinkorSwim

T

thinky

@markos ToS takes 27 seconds to load, that's more than Windows 10 needs to boot. Set the memory to 1024-3072 (also 512-1536). The other Java app also has a slow startup.
Java performance
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_performance#Startup_time

Java startup time is often much slower than many languages, including C, C++, Perl or Python, because many classes (and first of all classes from the platform Class libraries) must be loaded before being used.
When compared against similar popular runtimes, for small programs running on a Windows machine, the startup time appears to be similar to Mono's and a little slower than .NET's.
ToS is not associated to a specific file extension, so have to copy/paste the scripts or use the Open Shared Item menu.

Last edited:
V

Vision

VIP
Hi All, I'm trying to use the reversal scanner and keep getting "Error: Trying to self-assign a non-initialized rec: state."

Any ideas?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@Vision Can you post a screenshot? Where did you see the error from?

V

Vision

VIP
Thanks BenTen, with fresh eyes and another view of this thread I got it working. Needed to reduce the scan size.

J

jan_angel

VIP
hi Ben - I used the scanner to scan for settings on a daily. I am getting the error message: Error: Trying to self-assign a non initialized rec state. I did try to narrow down my search by using price and volume filters. But still getting the same error

R

Rahul

VIP
Are you using this trend reversal in this current market for trading? You recommended min 15 mins. When you say 15 mins is it 1 day 15 mins or 5 day 15 mins. What time frame do you use. Thank you so much for your contribution.

P

paw

VIP
is there a way to turn off the reversal bubbles that are red and green?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@jan_angel Reduce the stocks on your watchlist. I usually scan the S&P 500 or Russle 3000.

@Rahul I’m no longer using this indicator for day trading. Though if I have to I would use the 10m and 15m.

@paw Use the shared link under Scanner. It comes with an indicator that replaces the bubbles with arrows.

R

Rahul

VIP
@jan_angel Reduce the stocks on your watchlist. I usually scan the S&P 500 or Russle 3000.

@Rahul I’m no longer using this indicator for day trading. Though if I have to I would use the 10m and 15m.

@paw Use the shared link under Scanner. It comes with an indicator that replaces the bubbles with arrows.
Hi Ben,
Do you mind to share what strategies do you use for trading or day trading options please? Are there any scripts in the forums that you use? If so please share

P

PowerBull2019

Scanner is not working in TOS..when I import it ... it gets saved as Study

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@PowerBull2019 Scan for signals based on that study.

D

drdarshil16

VIP
@Falconuc This means that you are using a very large scan set. Reduce it to a watchlist of stocks that you are intensive. As you can guess, this scanner is pretty CPU intensive. i have a scan list of 20 odd stocks and it works well. Hope this helps.
I tried on mobile application, but its not uploading on mobile, I made some changes but no luck.. Is there anyway to fix it for mobile application?

R

Rahul

VIP
I am getting this error while setting up scan

com.devexperts.tos.thinkscript.runtime.TooComplexException: The complexity of the expression suggests that it may not be reliable with real-time data.

D

drdarshil16

VIP
Hi,

I am getting this error while setting up scan

com.devexperts.tos.thinkscript.runtime.TooComplexException: The complexity of the expression suggests that it may not be reliable with real-time data.

Try a smaller watchlist

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@Rahul Only scan for one type of signal at a time. Pick either upArrow or downArrow. Don’t scan for both at the sametime.

T

Trading51

VIP
Did you get the sound to work ? I added the #Alerts to the end of the script did anyone else get this to work and make a sound?, please let me know if I'm missing something

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@Trading51 Audio alerts were added at first but then removed because it lags really badly.