Trend Pivot Indicator by Mobius

R

russ3571

VIP
@dougn is the watchlist/scanner included? I am not seeing it.

K

kz77

Guys, good evening.
Could you please help me (or share knowledge how) to get different time frames' pivots plotted by this indicator (Trend Pivots by Mobius) in one chart? For example to get 1h and 4h pivot zones shown on 15m chart? That will help me huge in deep research of this indicator. Thank you!
@dougn @J007RMC @BenTen @tomsk @horserider @markos

markos

markos

VIP
Guys, good evening.
Could you please help me (or share knowledge how) to get different time frames' pivots plotted by this indicator (Trend Pivots by Mobius) in one chart? For example to get 1h and 4h pivot zones shown on 15m chart? That will help me huge in deep research of this indicator. Thank you!
@dougn @J007RMC @BenTen @tomsk @horserider @markos
The study in post #1 is for /ES futures day trading, often used in conjunction with the ORB. It's made to trade long or short futures depending on the trend. In order for it to "work" for you, a person would need to have the first 2 numbers as they are user defined. I don't use it.
My suggestion would be to ask Mobius on a slow day. He doesn't often give info away but it's worth a try. @amalia do you have any insight you could offer? Thank you.

Last edited:
K

kz77

Markos, thank you for your comments!
I would try to ask Mobius of course but have no idea how to contact him. He is not a member of our Forums here, right?
Thanks again and have a great Sunday

R

rlohmeyer

I like this indicator. I use it with confirmation for a swing trade w/ confirmation from the 5 min bar at support/resistance.

It will fail as they are apt to do, but you often get enough decision making time to get out with a scratch. The picture shows LL_ line and BTO line as Cyan Triangles. I only use bull signals on ETFs.

R

rlohmeyer

PS: I am not a coder so I am wondering how to make a scan toll out of this for my watchlist of ETFs to determine when the close goes above the BTO line...can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Bob

K

kz77

PS: I am not a coder so I am wondering how to make a scan toll out of this for my watchlist of ETFs to determine when the close goes above the BTO line...can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Bob
Hey Rob, I m glad to see someone in Trend Pivots! Can I ask about you chart - which is volume indicator in bottom?
Thx

R

rlohmeyer

kz77; the link to the page with the script: Buy/Sell Volume

Here is another example of when price didn't tune into a trend but you had ample time to grab some profit.

IM140.6

IM140.6

Hey all, I'm new here (first post). I'm just trying to figure it all out and this is my (humble) interpretation:

BTO = buy to open
LL = lower lows (bottom-most line of green plot)
STO = sell to open
HH = higher highs (top-most line of red plot)
@barbaros said:
STO_RO = Sell to Open Risk On
BTO_RO = Buy to Open Risk On

@Trader Raider said
Love this indicator! I've been using the STO_RO and BTO-RO plots as confirmation lines. I wait for a close above (for longs) or below (for shorts) to tell me when a pullback has ended.
Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong here; I'm long biased. If a stock is bouncing off support (green BTO area), it's a buy signal. Assuming the stock performs well, the upper RO is the sell signal?

Last edited:
P

ProcrastinatingPerfection

@rlohmeyer Do you have the code for this indicator, if so could you please share the code in it's text form the share links are not working for me in TOS right now. Thank you.

R

rlohmeyer

@ProcastinatingPerfection The code is in the first post of this thread. Go to the first page.
@IM140.6 Your interpretation of this indicator is correct. However, if I see a confirmation of close above BTO in the previous trend or the Bar/Volume pattern I will go Risk On as you say. If the trend on the day is strong in the opposite direction of the indicator, I will forego.

And a 3rd condition would be chop. In that situation I would go RiskOn.

securedabag23

securedabag23

2019 Donor
VIP
@BenTen Can you create a scanner for when price crosses BTO or STO? When I put the parameters in, I get no results. I've tried different variations as well and nothing comes up.

Update: I got it working TOS was having issues. ha

Last edited:
R

rlohmeyer

First my apologies for my images disappearing from my previous posts. I had deleted them from Imgur by mistake. (I will remember this for the future.)

Another example of the trend pivot indicator working very nicely from this mornings trade on an ETF I trade. It is set to 3 and .7, to catch pullbacks. In so doing it caught not only 1 nice swing, but confirmed another when price returned to the same position. Beautiful.

S

Shahrom

Can someone tell me what study is this on the picture white dotted? I am missing that in my charts. Thanks

S

Shahrom

Thanks for responding @BenTen but tried both but it is not the same. Programmatic Support and Resistance study very similar but not the same.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Shahrom Pretty sure it was shared on here, but I just forgot the name.

S

Shahrom

@Shahrom Pretty sure it was shared on here, but I just forgot the name.
I will post this in the SwingArm Trend Indicator forum maybe someone else knows the name. I went through many pages but seems like I am missing which one it is.