Trend Meter For ThinkOrSwim

Is there a way to remove the MTF feature from this code at all. I would love to use this for other timeframes that the MTF wont allow for. Please let me know at your earliest convenience. Thanks!!!

It is not necessary to "remove" the MTF feature, in order to use the non-MTF script.
422VQTS.png

The above is an example of a weekly chart.

1. click on the gear in chart settings.
2. make sure it is set to NOT use the mtf feature
use chart time frame == yes
3. make sure the aggregation is set to higher that your chart timeframe

If you are still having problems, here is a shared chart link: http://tos.mx/!UlvFxiiw
Make sure to use these instructions when importing shared chart links:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...ed-item-error-in-thinkorswim.5098/#post-57930

Last edited by a moderator:

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Samer800:
I am using the standard ToS Momentum indicator (35 periods) to weed out candidates. I plot the Momentum indicator in my new Trend Meter chart and it aligns pretty close with Trend Meter buy/sell signals. I scan stocks based on Momentum indicator. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
i can't get it to work on my TOS. help out here
@samer800

You did not provide enough information to say where you went astray.

Here is another approach.
This is a shared chart link: http://tos.mx/!xUrwYptA

1. You MUST import this link using these instructions:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...ed-item-error-in-thinkorswim.5098/#post-57930

2. This will open a chart with the indicator already applied.
3. This will put the indicator into your library for you to use however you wish.

Dn5Lrln.png

Is there a way to code and highlight buy and sell signals which appear on chart in Trade Meter study

Yes, the first line of plots are the signals
The squares are "Signals 1 - Wave Trend Signals"
The dots are # "Signals 2 - All 3 Trend Meters Now Align"

green = bullish red = bearish
you must have showtrendline set to yes.

TY Merry

Anyway to get an audible alert when this happens? Thanx

I noticed for me the dots never turn green. And looking in your picture I dont see that also. Is there a way to adjust the code to see green dots for positive momentum and grey be neutral.

Or is set to just red or grey?

I noticed for me the dots never turn green. And looking in your picture I dont see that also. Is there a way to adjust the code to see green dots for positive momentum and grey be neutral.

Or is set to just red or grey?

It is not possible to say where you went astray.
Here is a shared chart link with the indicator already applied which displays the green and red dots / squares
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/trend-meter-for-thinkorswim.13179/page-2#post-144475

Anyway to get an audible alert when this happens? Thanx

for Trend Meter Alerts, append the following snippet to the end of your study:
Alert(WaveTrendSignalLine and MSBar1Color > 0, "bullish waveTrend", Alert.Bar, Sound.ding);
Alert(WaveTrendSignalLine and MSBar1Color < 0, "bearish waveTrend", Alert.Bar, Sound.ring);
Alert(TrendMeterLine and MSBar2Color > 0, "bullish trendMeter", Alert.Bar, Sound.ding);
Alert(TrendMeterLine and MSBar2Color < 0, "bearish trendMeter", Alert.Bar, Sound.ring);

Does this indicator work for shorter timeframes. If yes, what changes to the indicator settings need to be made for shorter timeframes - i.e. 5 or 1 min?