Thoughts on the TTM Squeeze Pro from John Carter

R

Ramesh16

VIP
TTM sqz pro: does someone knows about John carter's TTM Sqz pro indicator?

V

venus360

Warehouse
VIP
@Ramesh16 Yes I own it. What do you want to know?

R

Ramesh16

VIP
How much is the difference between regular ttm sqz (TOS)? He claims that it is superior than TTM sq!!

V

venus360

Warehouse
VIP
Certainly much better than previous version, but you shouldn't consider any of these (oscillator) indicators as the holy grail.

P

ProcrastinatingPerfection

Does anyone have watchlist code for the TTM Squeeze Pro version?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@ProcrastinatingPerfection We do not allow the sharing of premium/paid products from another developer on our site. Please try not to ask questions like that.

T

Trader Raider

VIP
@Ramesh16, I also have the squeeze pro. It's nice to hear that @venus360 seems to have found it helpful. I did not. I trade on lower time frames and found it unreliable on anything less than a daily chart. Even then, I take it with a grain of salt. The histogram is not a reliable predictor of the direction the squeeze will fire. If I have to load moving averages to confirm the direction (which is what John Carter recommends), I may as well just trade price action and moving averages. The only part I found useful was the stats indicator showing the dollar amount of an average move. Overall, I didn't find the indicator arrows, early entry candles, or squeeze pro histogram very helpful except to demonstrate that I can be a sucker for a sales pitch.

T

tradegeek

2019 Donor
I found that the Squeeze Pro has too much noise. In my opinion, JC over-hype his updated squeeze indicator.

Here's how I see it....

Everytime JC shows his charts, I only see he uses the original Squeeze not the new Squeeze Pro (unless he's cherry-picking charts to market the Squeeze Pro). Why is that? Check his videos and you will see. It's probably not as useful as what he makes it out that's probably why he himself doesn't use the Squeeze Pro.

T

Trader Raider

VIP
@Ramesh16, FOMO is a powerful sales technique that still gets the better of me sometimes.

@tradegeek, I haven't seen any JC stuff lately. Because the high squeeze isn't good for anything except to alert that the mid squeeze is coming, what purpose is there to plot it? Basic price action on the chart is enough to show consolidation. No reason to use anything but the basic squeeze version available on TOS because the mid squeeze it plots means the high has already fired.

V

venus360

Warehouse
VIP
@Trader Raider I use Squeeze pro as a confirmation along with price action and other tools (Divergence). RSI Divergence worked well for me in the last few weeks.
@Ramesh16 JC is a master at sales tactics and been at this for quite a while.

T

TrueDepth

I paid $500 for John Carter's 10x indicator a couple years ago before I knew better. NEVER AGAIN. I find him to be a conman and I wasted too much time on his courses. He takes common indicators and SELLS them!!! TTM squeeze is just Bollinger bands squeezing inside a Keltner Channel, with MACD....

R

Ramesh16

VIP
It is so tempting to see his trade 20-30Ks in profits indays !!

P

Piper2808t

2019 Donor
Warehouse
VIP
i have it . save your breath and money. He is a marketing expert they always show hindsight trades that destroy the market

T

Trader Raider

VIP
It is so tempting to see his trade 20-30Ks in profits indays !!
@Ramesh16, without seeing a full account statement showing profits AND losses, it's impossible to know if another trader is profitable. There's no question that JC is a successful marketer with a product that some are willing to buy. Is he a profitable trader? I can't say. All I can say is that if I were making that kind of money, I'd be living the high life instead of peddling indicators and courses. But that's just me.

B

BC1106

2019 Donor
Warehouse
Almost all of John Carter's/Simpler Trading indicators are just slightly different versions of indicators someone else created (and for free on Thinkorswim) or they visually combine a few separate indicators into one. Ex-the RAF indicator is the same thing as Fisher Transformer just visually displayed a little different. Also the Squeeze pro just combines 3 settings you can change yourself on the TTM Squeeze.

In the TTM squeeze available for free on Thinkorswim, changing the "nbb" input setting from 2.0 to 1.5 will give the more frequent squeezes he talks about in his webinars and changing it "nbb" from 2.0 to 2.5 will result in much less squeezes. The Squeeze Pro just visually puts all 3 into one indicator by having different colors of the "Squeeze" dots.

C

cherif

@Trader Raider i am sorry that you were disappointed with the TTM SQUEEZE Pro performance. Based on my continuous observation of the combination of BB/KC in relation with Price Action, there is lag that can be costly. What i did is i modified the parameters to help give a better signal on lower time frames
BB(2.0,8,exponential)
KC(1.0,8, exponential)
If BB is inside KC THEN THAT IS A SQZ I WOULD WATCH AND I WILL FOLLOW THE PRICE DIRECTION.
To confirm the accuracy of such set up, the squeeze on chart that is posted on this forum by mobius can go hand in hand with the setting above.
any questions, feel free to ask

T

Trader Raider

VIP
@Trader Raider there is lag that can be costly. What i did is i modified the parameters to help give a better signal on lower time frames
Thank you for your response. I agree with you about the lag but never found a code adjustment that gives consistently good signals. It was easier to plot the KC and BB on the upper chart if I wanted to trade that setup.

To confirm the accuracy of such set up, the squeeze on chart that is posted on this forum by mobius can go hand in hand with the setting above.
any questions, feel free to ask
Are you referring to Mobius' Momentum Squeeze?

I hadn't seen that and will definitely take a look. THANKS again for your response.