The Big Four Chart SetUp For ThinkOrSwim

Good to hear! However if you are using the entire chart style use the one I posted in my thread (“Confirmation Trend Chart Style Setup”) with the latest updates.

https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...chart-setup-for-thinkorswim.15257/post-124229

Closed orders is how many trades the strategy made and wins is the percent of the trade that we’re winners… the strategy being the TS_V9 filtered study.
What you are saying is I should use "The End All Be ALL"? That has all the charts combined

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Awesome man! check out the screenshot I just posted days like this are an easy hold when multiple TF are wrapping candles... but no shame in selling while your up!
My charts do not show a cyan arrow at Mkt Open 1m or at 10:00 5m with the latest setup. Did you change any of the settings?

@HODL-Lay-HE-hoo! - How do you even use that end all be all? I took a quick gander, and it's overwhelming, so I can tell you put in a lot of effort, and there is a method to using this.

@HODL-Lay-HE-hoo! - How do you even use that end all be all? I took a quick gander, and it's overwhelming, so I can tell you put in a lot of effort, and there is a method to using this.
I am curious as to his answer. I have been using it and love it.

I am curious as to his answer. I have been using it and love it.
My bad didn’t see @TOSTrader comment… the answer to your question will be found here (in the near future) : https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...tup-the-end-all-be-all-for-thinkorswim.15257/ - however it is still a work in progress as I am working on creating the screenshots to explain everything and video though it is taking a while as my schedule is not leaving me much time at the moment… other than that all of my posts about entry methods and all that can be found searching my name - the chart style may look a little different but the entry methods for the most part remain the same.

My charts do not show a cyan arrow at Mkt Open 1m or at 10:00 5m with the latest setup. Did you change any of the settings?
Which link did you load? The newest link is in the new thread
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...tup-the-end-all-be-all-for-thinkorswim.15257/

What are your settings? (in hindsight the settings do not matter)
  • AH on or off:
  • Trade daytime only:
  • Open Time:
  • Close Time:
  • Show Higher AG:
1. What does the “Last signal” label show? (Not at my comp) I ask because the signals are filtered….
  • If the most recent signal direction is UP then UP arrows will not continue to plot however you know that you should be trading that direction.
    • The exception to signals continuing to plot up arrows is with “Show Higher AG” but even then may not indicate an entry.
2. The strategy does not close out a trade at close unless conditions are met

3. The strategy does not always enter a trade at open no matter the settings… only if conditions are met.

That being said the way the strategy is filtered currently it is advised to determine when to risk off or sell or hold based on other indications.

For ”sell” or the opposite signal to plot:

Conditions:
1. Current AG signal conditions = true

2. AND at least one of the two higher aggregations must be the same direction.

Plot arrow if 1 is true and 2 is true.

To be clear (I know you likely understand this) previous signals from the current ag where condition 2 was false will not appear when the condition becomes true in later bars because condition 1 must also be true. Thus it does not repaint.

Last edited:
So the candles were painting weird (to me) with the tmo filter but I liked the way the arrows cleaned up with the filter so I added the option to use the filter for arrows only.

also added the “blast off” indication (white candles) which can be turned off in settings) also triple exhaustion can be turned on/off in settings

https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...-all-be-all-for-thinkorswim.15257/post-124232

Last edited:
Has anyone made Big Four a TOS strategy for back testing?
Not that I know of… I’ll attempt it sooner rather than later. However considering no one would take every entry and exit as shown by the arrows it may be inconclusive… though there are less indications to “buy” and “sell” with the tmo filter on.

I believe you can scan with it if you turn on the arrows. signal_up and signal_dn is what you are looking for.

I see it working well for stocks as well. AMD, TSLA, MCD...

Just go to the scan tab, add a condition, select the indicator and look for the plots being true. I'll try to post screenshots if i get a free moment.

Hi, thanks for the idea and this setup looks so awesome, and trying to set up a scan to find all the tickers that are just changing from red to green or green to red. I did set up a scan and it is not working as expected. Would you please help with the screenshot if possible?

ScanBig4.jpg

Has anyone made Big Four a TOS strategy for back testing?
I have been using the Big Four with Mobius Supertrend. I have absolutely been killing it the last 4 weeks. I use it on the 1 Hour time frame. I look for Up or Dn signals to confirm on the 1 Hour and then look at the Daily to see if it conforms with the direction...then narrow down to 10, 3, 1 min charts for entries. It has absolutely changed my trading! I don't use any of the stuff from Hodl-Lay only because I don't understand what is going with his charts. But the Original Big Four is simple and it works GREAT! I can also use with ease on the TOS Mobile app. Big Four works on Mobile. So I can make money while at work. I almost always buy the next weeks expiration to give it time to work out. IF the stock has been in a downtrend and you get an UP signal will usually work and vice versa. However, if the stock has been in a range I avoid those. TMO needs to be below zero for calls and above zero for puts. I have had several multi-baggers of 100, 200, 300, 400 & 500%. I have left lots of money on the table also....as I was getting use to the strength of this indicator. I love using it for SPX trades on 3Min and I also put the option strike price in a separate chart and use the big four for the signal on an option about 10-20 strikes away from the price and this has worked tremedously as well. Can usually scalp -$100-$300/day with just a a couple trades per day.

Hope this helps you...I know it has changed my trading life!

Account is up 440% since I began using this indicator on the 1 Hour signals over the last 3-4 weeks.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
533 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back