The Big Four Chart SetUp For ThinkOrSwim

Ok hopefull one of the last updates... doubt it though haha... ok so there are still 3 aggregations of (based on a trailing stop) TS_V9 but I have fixed some of the filter issues and combined them all into one arrow with one label the results are looking good - this is a 180 day 5min and 30 day 1 min chart... all arrows are cyan because the higher aggregations filter the lower based on PREVIOUS higher aggregation signals and thus will not (should not) repaint.. and as in the few before there are less signals to exit the trade so risk off people! oh and "CO" is the number of closed orders calculated by the strategy. (you may choose to turn off the "Spark UP / Down" arrows in the settings but if left on they represent the EMA cloud (currently off in settings) is IN THE PROCESS OF turning over so the green arrows on the one min are the emas trying to turn over and fail)

http://tos.mx/KjyRcBx

I know I know seriously this is the last update! https://tos.mx/FYO9XA0 This link is the same except the spark arrows (green and red) are filtered also ((compare screenshots))

IWoVOaO.png

just noticed i did not finish the sentence on the chart haha... Notice that the 5 min is bearish - you do not need to see an arrow as one plotted previously which is circled - anyway knowing the 5min is bearish any bounce up on the one min chart would be "confirmed" entry in my book... however when candles reach a demand zone with the light green line inside I may consider risking off however, that is the one min chart so the higher timeframe can help keep you in the trade but risking off is never a bad idea.

BHlPXlU.png

Last edited:
Can you use this on extended hours. Great Study
Yup - for the TS Strategy (if you have AH on) if you so choose - there is a setting for “trade daytime only” if set to “yes” the label will show “DT” and will only show arrows during the “open & closed” times in settings if trade daytime only is off it uses all available data. Sometimes I leave it on sometimes off and I change the open close times - if I like the way the arrows plot that’s what I use.

@HODL-Lay-HE-hoo! I bought SPY calls at 10:05 EST today right after the candle closed with the cyan up arrow.. sold WAYYYYY too early but still a nice trade. The 1 minute had a cyan up arrow as market opened, the 5 minute fired at 10:00 AM. Thanks!

@HODL-Lay-HE-hoo! I bought SPY calls at 10:05 EST today right after the candle closed with the cyan up arrow.. sold WAYYYYY too early but still a nice trade. The 1 minute had a cyan up arrow as market opened, the 5 minute fired at 10:00 AM. Thanks!
Awesome man! check out the screenshot I just posted days like this are an easy hold when multiple TF are wrapping candles... but no shame in selling while your up!

http://tos.mx/clppbHd

So... an update... I have made some changes concerning the labels as to avoid any unnecessary confusion. Previously there were two labels very similar one from "the big 4" study label: "bullish" and the other from Bull Bear V5 label: "Very bullish" so I combined the studies and changed to a single label that will show one of the following:

"Bullish"
"Very Bullish"
"CALLS ONLY!

"Bearish"
"Very Bearish"
"PUTS ONLY!

The only other labels the may not be self explanatory are the following:

"MAMA" - The color of this label represents price action - faster reaction than the label mentioned above (if you look at the C3_MF_Line ((the line through the candles that changes green to red)) that if the MAMA label as a line on the chart) (@Christopher84 correct me if Im wrong)

Also changed the "BULL LTB" / "BEAR LTS" to BULL Look to buy / BEAR Look to sell
As for the screenshot to those who may be wondering... yes it works on the daily.

mcGmw5e.png

WqsPAzQ.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: IPA
I probably have stupid questions so please be patient with me.
Yup - for the TS Strategy (if you have AH on) if you so choose - there is a setting for “trade daytime only” if set to “yes” the label will show “DT” and will only show arrows during the “open & closed” times in settings if trade daytime only is off it uses all available data. Sometimes I leave it on sometimes off and I change the open close times - if I like the way the arrows plot that’s what I use.
I probably have some stupid questions so please do not kick me off. Where do I find AH. Since I typically day trade I noticed under TS filter under "Timeframe it is set at D" Should I set that under what time frame I am trading on? I used this Friday and it worked great for me without changing that timeframe.

You sent another update yesterday the 15th. Should I be replacing that with the update you sent out on Wednesday? Thank you for all your information

I probably have stupid questions so please be patient with me.

I probably have some stupid questions so please do not kick me off. Where do I find AH. Since I typically day trade I noticed under TS filter under "Timeframe it is set at D" Should I set that under what time frame I am trading on? I used this Friday and it worked great for me without changing that timeframe.

You sent another update yesterday the 15th. Should I be replacing that with the update you sent out on Wednesday? Thank you for all your information

Replacing it with the newest version I posted would help seeing as I attempted to make the labels are less confusing for some. Just to avoid confusion: http://tos.mx/RsDsQ0a use this.

Leave the timeframe set to day. Also there is no need to change the timeframe the as the timeframes (not the one your were reffering to) ag2 and 3 change automatically when you change to whatever timeframe chart....

the only thing I would recommend changing in settings is the "trade daytime only" so if you always wait 30mins after open to buy anything you could set that to "yes" and change the "open time" setting from the standard "0930" to "1000" - also there are three of the same settings because there are 3 different aggregations used but you will only see the one because the higher ag are used to filter the lower.

Hope that helps... (also I post screenshots and whatnot to the confirmation candles thread concerning these indicators)

Good people... Hell may freeze over soon... I THINK I may put the official seal of approval on The BIG FOUR (+2) indicator... which is essentially meaningless... but oh well.

The big four is very similar to triple exhaustion but I like this more (that being said I added triple exhaustion candles and dots to the big four (hence the (+2) it also does not re paint and can help indicate when to exit or risk off) I have been using it with "hold trend" set to off as the grey candles are useful in that they seem helpful in identifying pullbacks leading to (possible) trend continuation (of course I have not watched it live but will report back)

My go to has been Bull_Bear_V5 (to paint candles)(which I combined vix4 and triple exhaustion with) however it uses two aggregations (but is still very good and meant to relate a longer term trend - though it works extremely well with lower time frames)

Anyway, A damn fine job on this indicator.

Good Day.

http://tos.mx/osLxEBO (the left hand chart style)

EyTE8s6.png

rQvK8ws.png
What are you using as your entry / exit signals?

Any chance we can get a TOS mobile version of the Big Four? I am really liking this indicator along with PAM v 5.1 by @OGOptionSlayer (in collaboration with the great coders on here). PAM is a repainting indicator...And since Big Four doesn't repaint this helps give PAM better confirmation. IMO. Thank you for your great work!

Replacing it with the newest version I posted would help seeing as I attempted to make the labels are less confusing for some. Just to avoid confusion: http://tos.mx/RsDsQ0a use this.

Leave the timeframe set to day. Also there is no need to change the timeframe the as the timeframes (not the one your were reffering to) ag2 and 3 change automatically when you change to whatever timeframe chart....

the only thing I would recommend changing in settings is the "trade daytime only" so if you always wait 30mins after open to buy anything you could set that to "yes" and change the "open time" setting from the standard "0930" to "1000" - also there are three of the same settings because there are 3 different aggregations used but you will only see the one because the higher ag are used to filter the lower.

Hope that helps... (also I post screenshots and whatnot to the confirmation candles thread concerning these indicators)
THank you for all your information. I have been using this indicator/study this week when day trading the
SPY. It has worked very well for me.

Any chance we can get a TOS mobile version of the Big Four? I am really liking this indicator along with PAM v 5.1 by @OGOptionSlayer (in collaboration with the great coders on here). PAM is a repainting indicator...And since Big Four doesn't repaint this helps give PAM better confirmation. IMO. Thank you for your great work!

Until a mobile version is made (if possible) Triple Exhaustion is extremely similar and works on mobile.

One other question. If I am using the 5 minute chart does it matter if I use the 30 day or 180 day with the 5 minute chart

@Terminator
The only reason I temporarily increase days to the max is to see the wins percentage. That being said I don’t care too much what it is seeing as I will only use it in context of other indications.

@Terminator
The only reason I temporarily increase days to the max is to see the wins percentage. That being said I don’t care too much what it is seeing as I will only use it in context of other indications.
I have you newest Big Four and started using it today, love it. Can you tell me "closed Order" and "Wins %" Does that pertain to when the alert tells us to BUY or Short

Anyone else had Java Errors that crash TOS when running this in combination with other indicators? Tech support gave me some new settings in a file to try, but still getting crashes. Remove the indicator and no more crashes. Currently trying to run 3min/20 day.

Anyone else had Java Errors that crash TOS when running this in combination with other indicators? Tech support gave me some new settings in a file to try, but still getting crashes. Remove the indicator and no more crashes. Currently trying to run 3min/20 day.
I was running into the same thing this morning yet it did stop doing it. I kept restarting

I have you newest Big Four and started using it today, love it. Can you tell me "closed Order" and "Wins %" Does that pertain to when the alert tells us to BUY or Short
Good to hear! However if you are using the entire chart style use the one I posted in my thread (“Confirmation Trend Chart Style Setup”) with the latest updates.

https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...chart-setup-for-thinkorswim.15257/post-124229

Closed orders is how many trades the strategy made and wins is the percent of the trade that we’re winners… the strategy being the TS_V9 filtered study.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
338 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back