The Big Four Chart SetUp For ThinkOrSwim

Today was a killer day. Absolutely crushed it with big4. I was at work so had time for 4 trades and 4/4 winners. XOM, CVX puts, GILD, UNH calls. All trades caught on 1H big4 signal and probably late and left lot of $ on table but profit is profit. I am still fine tuning my entries TMUS lesson was painful but its my fault for taking a 7/14 option. I extended my timer to minimum 2-3 weeks out preferably 1+ month. I am looking to get in atm or within 1 max 2 strike range ..open to any tips. I am new to options but this has been fantastic so far. Do you have an example of your entry exit strategy you don’t mind sharing?
I saw these tickers confirming as well....I held off because at the time I wasn't looking to add more positions until I was able to close 2 large positions in KO 7/21 60C (16 contracts @ $0.34) and RCL 7/21 100P (4 contracts @ $2.25. I had been nursing these positions all week and I finally got the move I was looking for in both stocks. I closed all but 2 KO cons for big gains. And I closed all RCL for nice profits as well.

Amazing, how this indicator allows me to find trades in either direction....no matter what the market is doing. You just have to buy some time 2-4 weeks out in expirations to give the stock time to make the expected move. The RCL trade was based on the short signal on Thursday 7/6...but it wasn't the best entry as the stock had gapped down that morning and then retested/filled the gap down....I was down $100/contract (4 cons) on Tuesday. But eventually was able to close for $50/contract profit.

Looking back RCL might have been a much better trade using the 30min signal....it signaled short on the last 30 Min candle Wednesday 7/5 and I would have captured the gap down...I am starting to look at the 30 Min signal on many tickers for possible better entry prices. I actually think KO might be best traded on 30 Min Big4 signals.

At the EOD of Friday I opened a position of 4 cons 7/28 FCX 41P @ 1.15. It was confirming short on the 1H at 3:55 but by the close the stock ran up 7 cents in 4 min and closed above the Ehler's DCF and failed to confirm on 1H. However, looking at the 30 Min it cconfirmed earlier in the day on the 10-10:30 candle. We will see how this plays out.

Good Luck everyone...lets keep these profits going!!

What are your settings for the Big Four? Also, do you use extended hours or keep them off? When did you enter in XOM? Curious on some of those, I'd like to go back to see what you noticed before entering. Thanks!
Sorry, I just saw this request from you from June 28th...The XOM trade was based on the 1H Big4 bullish signal on June 1 on the 11:00 candle. I bought 7/9 105 calls for $1.38 and sold $2.00 the next day. This was one of my first trades using the 1H signals and was still learning the strength of it...as you can see the following week it went to $109...so I left $ on the table. No I do not use extended hours on. The big 4 settings are:

Confirmation factor -- 4
Filter with TMO --NO
Colored candles on --YES
Verticals lines on -- NO
Strategy hold trend -- NO

Add Ehler's DCF to the chart
Add TMO to the chart with settings 30,6,6 (default is 14,5,3)

I also add the Supertrend by Mobius version 3. NATR is set to 4. I think some versions use 6 for natr.

Hope this helps!

The purple is a separate supertrend indicator. You can find it on the forum search for tomsk cci supertrend. White arrow is big4 signal. Further down the TMO is 30/6/6 I trade above/below 0 line with main plot on. turned off everything else to keep it clean.
Coco, Do you use after hours signals or only use signals that happen during trading hours?

Sorry, I just saw this request from you from June 28th...The XOM trade was based on the 1H Big4 bullish signal on June 1 on the 11:00 candle. I bought 7/9 105 calls for $1.38 and sold $2.00 the next day. This was one of my first trades using the 1H signals and was still learning the strength of it...as you can see the following week it went to $109...so I left $ on the table. No I do not use extended hours on. The big 4 settings are:

Confirmation factor -- 4
Filter with TMO --NO
Colored candles on --YES
Verticals lines on -- NO
Strategy hold trend -- NO

Add Ehler's DCF to the chart
Add TMO to the chart with settings 30,6,6 (default is 14,5,3)

I also add the Supertrend by Mobius version 3. NATR is set to 4. I think some versions use 6 for natr.

Hope this helps!
Is there any possible way of sharing the chart Brother?

1689448165456.png

This is my setup for now :) I will let u know if it works for me!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you expound on what is different? I see that the Big Four doesn't give the same signals as the original....that would have missed some good entries. Just trying to figure out why this is. For example, look at PYPL on the 1 hour chart. The original Big 4 confirmed long on Friday. I entered July 14 65 calls. Today they were up 50%. But with your additions it didn't give you this signal.
Hi, TMO was well above 0 though at the time of buy signal for PYPL, can you pls explain the rationale here. Also would you wait for the grey/red candle to exit out of the trade? Thanks!

Hi, TMO was well above 0 though at the time of buy signal for PYPL, can you pls explain the rationale here. Also would you wait for the grey/red candle to exit out of the trade? Thanks!
My entry on PYPL was on 6/30. It confirmed bullish on the 12:00 candle. TMO was -16. I entered a little later when TMO was still below the zero line. The message above you replied to was on 7/3.

I have been using the Big Four with Mobius Supertrend. I have absolutely been killing it the last 4 weeks. I use it on the 1 Hour time frame. I look for Up or Dn signals to confirm on the 1 Hour and then look at the Daily to see if it conforms with the direction...then narrow down to 10, 3, 1 min charts for entries. It has absolutely changed my trading! I don't use any of the stuff from Hodl-Lay only because I don't understand what is going with his charts. But the Original Big Four is simple and it works GREAT! I can also use with ease on the TOS Mobile app. Big Four works on Mobile. So I can make money while at work. I almost always buy the next weeks expiration to give it time to work out. IF the stock has been in a downtrend and you get an UP signal will usually work and vice versa. However, if the stock has been in a range I avoid those. TMO needs to be below zero for calls and above zero for puts. I have had several multi-baggers of 100, 200, 300, 400 & 500%. I have left lots of money on the table also....as I was getting use to the strength of this indicator. I love using it for SPX trades on 3Min and I also put the option strike price in a separate chart and use the big four for the signal on an option about 10-20 strikes away from the price and this has worked tremedously as well. Can usually scalp -$100-$300/day with just a a couple trades per day.

Hope this helps you...I know it has changed my trading life!

Account is up 440% since I began using this indicator on the 1 Hour signals over the last 3-4 weeks.
What are your SuperTrend settings? I’m curious to see if can integrate it into the indicator for specific signals…

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
486 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back