Simple Yet Very POWERFUL Swing Trading Strategy

D

DDW

if you use it on tick chart or renko or range charts , ur results will be 30 to 50% more then above mentioned , as time charts are limited to time

in 1 minute market can move 100 points or 10 points , both moves will be showen in 1 candle itself , which is not fair at all ,
You recommend tick/renko charts for smaller time frames (intraday) or do you recommend them for longer time frames as well (swing trades)? Generally I would use 5 minute chart for intraday scalping and 60 minute for multi day swing.

mc01439

mc01439

VIP
@DDM

I use Tick and Range Bars for one product only - futures contract for oil (CL). I trade CL with 3200 tick and 8 range bars. I used 5 and 10 min charts years ago when I was auto trading. The issue most have with range and tick charts is that you must be in front of the computer at all times when trading at the levels I do.

I have tested Renko Bars but do not trade them. I found they look great, but do not work for me in the real world.

The charts you use all depend on your style of trading and what you can make money using.

I have tried many different styles over the years and only became successful when I discovered what works for my personality and style of trading. I will use ideas from others but always convert them to what works for me.

As far as 60 min charts I do not use them. Other than "CL" I am a longer term trader and use weekly and monthly charts for instruments such as Corp Bonds and ETF's for a global sector rotation strategy.

Last edited:
Y

ykd2018x

VIP
You recommend tick/renko charts for smaller time frames (intraday) or do you recommend them for longer time frames as well (swing trades)? Generally I would use 5 minute chart for intraday scalping and 60 minute for multi day swing.

i suggest use renko / range chart for your entries and exits and less focus on time charts ,

tick charts are good but u have to sit in front of computer as mentioned in @mc01439 comment also

try to focus big picture & try your best to hold your self longer when you are in profits , (its not as easy as said sometimes)

becoming a day trade is hard job if you are new to trading focus for longer term & bigger size renko range charts

in trading / stock market , the longer your timeframe or bigger your tick size for range / renko chart , the indicators works very well ,

i can bet there is no indicator who give less then 50% fales signal on 1 min time frame , but there are many good ways to overcome this problem on longer time frame charts

one should focus for making money for themself , not for broker by doing day trading , i mean if they are new to this world

the most important thing remains is PRICE focus to PRICE AND its movement try to watch a chart without any indicator for few days a live chart,
you will realize it will start talking to you , when you can listen chart (without indicator) , you are ready

reds
yogesh