Pre-market High Low Indicator with Fibonacci for ThinkorSwim

fcastrof

fcastrof

VIP
Hi i appreciate if you know how plot the high and the low of the last hour of premarket. Thanks in advance for your help.

T

tomsk

VIP
Noticed that you've been asking this question several times across more than one different thread. Did you not see my response I posted here?

I spent quite some time looking into the code you provided, and even wrote a separate standalone study to confirm that, there's absolutely nothing wrong with your premarket high/low code that you posted here.

T

Tally

VIP
@BenTen I think this is a great indicator but for some reason on the low of premarket its not actually plotting the lowest bar/candlestick? also...is there a way to plot the open and close of the very first bar/candlestick? Thanks in advance. good stuff!

T

tomsk

VIP
@Tally Since @BenTen may not have an opportunity to respond to your query, I looked into the issue you pointed out. Several studies were shared above. My assumption is that you are referring to post #3 above. Looking through the code I can ascertain that it certainly is capturing the high/low of the premarket.

To convince yourself, run the following code on a 1 minute chart of say /ES or whatever equity you're tracking. This was extracted from post#3 and modified slightly to display the GlobeX/overnight period. A reading of 1 denotes the premarket period. Personally I see no issues here. This is always the best way to see if the period under consideration is correct or not.

Code:
declare lower;
plot GlobeX = GetTime() < RegularTradingStart(GetYYYYMMDD());

T

Tally

VIP
@tomsk i have tried 1 min timeframe...on all timeframes with code you have posted declare lower still shows from premarket same day but its not including extended hours from pervious night. i have to draw the lower horizontal trend line. not an issue but just wanted to respond

L

levenjohn

Is there a way to get this indicator to Plot form the previous day close to the premarket high?

B

Buckbull

@BenTen is there a way to put this in a scan for the 15 min chart a candle close above the pre market high ? and a close below pre market low Thanks

Last edited:
BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Buckbull You would want something like “close crosses above or below pre-market high or low”. Depending on what you need.

B

B9M8

Hello,

Is there a script that draws a horizontal current price (including pre-market & post-market price) line on a chart that has extended hours off?
Possibly something that uses the last price to plot the line?

Thank you.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@B9M8 Not possible without pre-market setting enabled.

S

shanc

First of all, thank you very much for the indicator @BenTen, was furiously looking for this. I was wondering if there is a way to plot the indicator for all the previous days on the chart? It would be very helpful to backtest visually. Thank you once again.

H

h10

I have use my mobile to check charts due to work and most custom indicators don't show up. However, I am using the PM high/low and it shows up on my mobile which is great!

Is there anyway to add Previous Day Close into this algorithm so I can use this same script?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@h10 Add this to your script:

Code:
def Today = if GetDay() == GetLastDay() then 1 else 0;

plot ystdClose = close(period = "day" )[1];

ystdClose.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HORIZONTAL);
ystdClose.SetDefaultColor(Color.UPTICK);
ystdClose.SetLineWeight(1);