• Get $30 off VIP with code SUMMER30. Ends July 27. Happy trading!

Pre-market High Low Indicator with Fibonacci for ThinkorSwim

Johnnyboyeh

Hey, I have a similar question to the poster above me who is asking if there is a way to set an alert for this study based on a specific coefficient be broken above or below. I would like to be alerted if the stock breaks the premarket high or low in this study. Thanks.

tomsk

VIP
@Johnnyboyeh This study has the following coefficients defined:

Code:
input coeff_1 = .236;
input coeff_2 = .327;
input coeff_3 = .500;
input coeff_4 = .618;
input coeff_5 = .789;
input coeff_6 = .882;

Note that some of these coefficients are not fibonacci ratios e.g. .327, .789, .882
I imagine that the author might have wanted those levels for reasons known to him.

Suppose you want to be alerted if the price closes above/below the 50% coefficient, just add the following lines to the end of the study

Alert(close crosses below coeff3, "Below 50% Fib", Alert.Bar, Sound.Ring);
Alert(close crosses above coeff3, "Above 50% Fib", Alert.Bar, Sound.Ding);

Hope this helps

Last edited:

fcastrof

Hi i appreciate if you know how plot the high and the low of the last hour of premarket. Thanks in advance for your help.

tomsk

VIP
Noticed that you've been asking this question several times across more than one different thread. Did you not see my response I posted here?

https://usethinkscript.com/threads/custom-indicator-in-watchlist-opening-range.1457/#post-13525
I spent quite some time looking into the code you provided, and even wrote a separate standalone study to confirm that, there's absolutely nothing wrong with your premarket high/low code that you posted here.

https://usethinkscript.com/threads/custom-indicator-in-watchlist-opening-range.1457/

Tally

VIP
@BenTen I think this is a great indicator but for some reason on the low of premarket its not actually plotting the lowest bar/candlestick? also...is there a way to plot the open and close of the very first bar/candlestick? Thanks in advance. good stuff!

tomsk

VIP
@Tally Since @BenTen may not have an opportunity to respond to your query, I looked into the issue you pointed out. Several studies were shared above. My assumption is that you are referring to post #3 above. Looking through the code I can ascertain that it certainly is capturing the high/low of the premarket.

To convince yourself, run the following code on a 1 minute chart of say /ES or whatever equity you're tracking. This was extracted from post#3 and modified slightly to display the GlobeX/overnight period. A reading of 1 denotes the premarket period. Personally I see no issues here. This is always the best way to see if the period under consideration is correct or not.

Code:
declare lower;
plot GlobeX = GetTime() < RegularTradingStart(GetYYYYMMDD());

Tally

VIP
@tomsk i have tried 1 min timeframe...on all timeframes with code you have posted declare lower still shows from premarket same day but its not including extended hours from pervious night. i have to draw the lower horizontal trend line. not an issue but just wanted to respond

Utajiri

Hi @korygill - I picked up on this premarket Hilo code you built. Awesome.... Is there a way to add a marker or bubble input to it.... just so it can be identified in the midst of multiple lines on a chart?

korygill

VIP
Try this update to put a chart bubble on each line.

rSZuRf8.png

Code:
#
# see https://usethinkscript.com/threads/how-to-get-current-days-premarket-high.695/
#
declare once_per_bar;

input PlotPreMktLinesHrsPastOpen = yes;
input ShowChartBubbles = yes;

def bar = BarNumber();
def nan = Double.NaN;
def vHigh = high;
def vLow = low;

def PMhrs = RegularTradingStart (GetYYYYMMDD()) > GetTime();
def RMhrs = RegularTradingStart (GetYYYYMMDD()) < GetTime();
def PMStart = RMhrs[1] and PMhrs;
def PMHigh = CompoundValue(1, if PMStart then vHigh else if PMhrs then Max(vHigh, PMHigh[1]) else PMHigh[1], 0);
def PMLow = CompoundValue(1, if PMStart then vLow else if PMhrs then Min(vLow, PMLow[1]) else PMLow[1], 0);
def highBar = if PMhrs and vHigh == PMHigh then bar else nan;
def lowBar = if PMhrs and vLow == PMLow then bar else nan;
def PMHighBar = if bar == HighestAll(highBar) then PMHigh else PMHighBar[1];
def PMLowBar = if bar == HighestAll(lowBar) then PMLow else PMLowBar[1];

plot PMH =  if PlotPreMktLinesHrsPastOpen and PMHighBar != 0
            then PMHighBar
            else nan;
plot PML =  if PlotPreMktLinesHrsPastOpen and PMLowBar != 0
            then PMLowBar
            else nan;
plot PMMid = if PlotPreMktLinesHrsPastOpen and PMHighBar != 0 and PMLowBar != 0
             then (PMHighBar + PMLowBar) / 2
             else nan;

AddChartBubble(ShowChartBubbles and bar == HighestAll(highBar),
  PMHigh,
  "PM High",
  Color.Gray,
  1);

AddChartBubble(ShowChartBubbles and bar == HighestAll(lowBar),
  PMLow,
  "PM Low",
  Color.Gray,
  0);

AddChartBubble(ShowChartBubbles and bar == Max(HighestAll(highBar), HighestAll(lowBar)),
  (PMHighBar + PMLowBar) / 2,
  "PM Mid",
  Color.Gray,
  1);

# end of script

Utajiri

Thanks @korygill - appreciate it. Can we however have an additional input on where to place the bubble? Something like a "distance from last candle" input..... which allows us input a value and it places the chart bubble where we want it... either to the left,right or center?

Buckbull

@BenTen is there a way to put this in a scan for the 15 min chart a candle close above the pre market high ? and a close below pre market low Thanks

Last edited:

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Buckbull You would want something like “close crosses above or below pre-market high or low”. Depending on what you need.