Opening Range Breakout Strategy with Market Volatility for ThinkorSwim

wtf_dude

wtf_dude

@Simteaz No issue on my end.
Hey Benten! Been looking through the archives and this first post, but can't seem to get my head straight with the coding since I never really code with Intraday. Got a strategy I'm trying to backtest, how do I designate to just buy (not depending on ORB) the open at 30 minutes after market open? This is the daily chart

J

JonPM

Is this strategy still being used? What kinds of results are you all seeing? Also, sorry for being a bit dense but can someone explain what the TC_O, TC_C's mean?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@wtf_dude Sorry, not sure how I missed your question. So you just want to buy right off the bat after the first 30 min? Is that right?

@JonPM O = open and C = close.

wtf_dude

wtf_dude

@wtf_dude Sorry, not sure how I missed your question. So you just want to buy right off the bat after the first 30 min? Is that right?

@JonPM O = open and C = close.
Yea, I've learned much since then lol I got it now. Thanks man

K

kelbadawi

How do I receive an alert wen the orb break out happens? It only alerts when I click on the ticker @BenTen

A

amanrastogi1992

@BenTen Can this be used on 1 min chart as well? or do you recommend 5 min? Do I have to disable pre and post market hours?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@amanrastogi1992 The opening range high and low remains the same whether you use it on the 1m or the 5m. Please understand the concept of this strategy first.

@kelbadawi You can setup a scanner and get alerted for new changes.

Darkshak

Darkshak

@BenTen Is there a way to get the buy and sell alerts instead of just the alerts for passing the range?

G

Greenbacks

VIP
@BenTen , Thank you !! This upgrade for market volatility is very helpful. You can also enter using the 5/13 ema cross over and exit using the 8/13 ema crossover.

J

jan_angel

2019 Donor
@BenTen I noticed that you mentioned in a couple of posts, that a scanner can be set up for this strategy. Can you kindly share how? I did save it as strategy. I am able to display it in charts. However, when I go to scan, the strategy is not showing up. I tried to use the script instead (in scan area), but that is not working either.

thanks,
jaan

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@jan_angel The strategy is for backtesting only. What are you trying to scan for?

J

jan_angel

2019 Donor
Huh. I did not realize that. I tested this strategy on some of breakout charts from last week. So i was thinking of using it as a scan so that i get alerted any time it would produce a buy to open or sell to open signal. Any ideas on how i can do that?