Opening Range Breakout Strategy with Market Volatility for ThinkorSwim

markos

markos

VIP
Warehouse
Got it, thank you. Still getting used to the site and indicators!
The ORB is an excellent trading tool for those that understand randomness and taking loses.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@ganq Yes, I occasionally use the regular ORB but not very often.

G

ganq

VIP
Hi @BenTen, is there a way we can make this study come up on mobile with the appropriate arrows?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@Vision Did you add the code as an indicator or a strategy? You're supposed to add it as a strategy if you haven't already.

D

DDW

How are you guys getting along with this? Going to put it to some testing this week.

D

DDW

Is there an easy way to add audio alerts for any open or close signals?

Rich

Rich

@BenTen I understand we cant avoid all fake break outs but is there any tips on how we can spot some of them with this indicator? Or is there another indicator we can use in combination with this indicator that will help with the fake outs? Thank you.

T

thinky

@Rich Read an article that mentioned ORB doesn't work like it used to anymore. I don't see much usefulness now, prefer a few basic indicators.

If you are daytrading keep trying other indicators, is just a lot of risk and you go against the pros.

markos

markos

VIP
Warehouse
@thinky @Rich The ORB was created via a book by a gent named Crabel. Use the version posted in this forum.
It still works like a charm using RSI Laguerra with FE and TMO together on a 5 minute and 30 minute chart grid..
Need to be real fast with Risk on / Risk off as I've read.

However, this is @BenTen 's area of expertise, I defer to him.