Multi-Time Frame True Momentum Oscillator (MTF) for ThinkorSwim

@netarchitech Your version seems to have pretty new...Now it makes me wonder IF in fact mine was different as @tomsk suggested...Did you look at the one that he posted? Maybe I missed something but I could have sworn his and the one I posted were the same...minus the Fisher Transform on mine...

Like I said I like the colors you used...makes it for much better readability...Please don't forget the Fisher on the Primary TMO...I guess more testing will tell the full story here...

...yours is different.
Mine is different...My code does all three aggregations at the same time...the Mobius version you and @tomsk have provides the user to switch from one aggregation to another "higher" one...at least that's the way it looks to me :)

in regards to the OB/OS lines...the original TMO codes all have them no?
I saw it in the code...I'll make sure to put them in the next version :)

Mine is different...My code does all three aggregations at the same time...the Mobius version you and @tomsk have provides the user to switch from one aggregation to another "higher" one...at least that's the way it looks to me :)

I saw it in the code...I'll make sure to put them in the next version :)
@netarchitech I like your version...not ONLY is it what I had in mind but the signals appear faster than mine...I was just curious tho as there are so many version out there I have seen and downloaded...

I am actually checking one by one the 5 min 15 and 30 min...and yours hits faster for sure. The final version will have an option to uncheck plot on the TMO's so you can choose to have 1 2 or 3 instances right?

@HighBredCloud Regarding the checking/unchecking the plots:
  1. The user will have to uncheck/check two "Show Plots" for each aggregation...one for Main and one for Signal...
  2. The "Cloud" associated with that timeframe will remain and can only be removed programmatically...

@netarchitech I don't know if you can do that...BUT can you change the 3 TMO color Main and Signal lines to something lighter so that its easier to tell it apart from the 2 TMO? Something like the following colors in TOS

RED: FF7E9C
GREEN: 8FEFBF

@HighBredCloud Regarding the checking/unchecking the plots:
  1. The user will have to uncheck/check two "Show Plots" for each aggregation...one for Main and one for Signal...
  2. The "Cloud" associated with that timeframe will remain and can only be removed programmatically...
@netarchitech I don't see that being a problem...in fact...I may even have a simple solution...to that...When the final version is complete...can you also make a 2 TMO version by deleting the extra TMO so that whoever wants to use 3 version TMO uses the 3 TMO script...and whoever wants a 2 version TMO can use a different script? That way no cloud will be in the way of anything...What do you think?

EDIT: OR don't put a cloud on the 3rd TMO...just have the colored lines in a lighter color as the ones I posted above? That way who the end user can uncheck the Main and Signal lines as you suggested but there will be no cloud left on the chart...

c.png

@HighBredCloud I added the OB/OS regions...Do you think the colors are a little too dark?

There seems to be some confusion about the different versions of TMO so let me cut through the chase.
Mobius released 2 different versions of the TMO

# TMO ((T)rue (M)omentum (O)scilator)
# TMO ((T)rue (M)omentum (O)scillator) With Higher Aggregation

You can find the first one in post#1 and the second one in post#3
None of these versions includes the Fisher transforms - those were added on by other folks like Quotron, etc
My personal preference is to base any work on Mobius original code.
You are of course free to choose whatever studies that resonate with you.

Last edited:

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.