Indicator for Think or Swim based on Rob Smith's The STRAT

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

I'm having issues getting the watchlist Strat reversal to work.invalid statement at the at the add label section. can anyone help. thanks

I just added actionable signal scans at the bottom of the top post
Thanks for the Hammer and Shooting Star, extremely helpful so I can test what strength I want... because i've tried before using other indicators but its annoying not knowing what settings to use.

Thanks for the seperate shooting star and hammer study.

I'm having issues getting the watchlist Strat reversal to work.invalid statement at the at the add label section. can anyone help. thanks
Code:
# LABEL SECTION
#------------------------------------
AddLabel(yes,

(if twoup2 then 2U else if twodown2 then 2D else if insidebarup2 then 1U" else if insidebardown2 then 1D else if outsidebarup2 then 3U else if outsidebardown2 then 3D else if insidebar2 and !insidebarup2 and !insidebardown2 then "1" else if outsidebar2 and !outsidebarup2 and !outsidebardown2 then "3" else ) + - +

(if twoup1 then 2U else if twodown1 then 2D else if insidebarup1 then 1U" else if insidebardown1 then 1D else if outsidebarup1 then 3U else if outsidebardown1 then 3D else if insidebar1 and !insidebarup1 and !insidebardown1 then "1" else if outsidebar1 and !outsidebarup1 and !outsidebardown1 then "3" else )+ - +

(if twoup then [2U] else if twodown then [2D] else if insidebarup then [1U] else if insidebardown then [1D] else if outsidebarup then [3U] else if outsidebardown then [3D] else if insidebar and !insidebarup and !insidebardown then [1] else if outsidebar and !outsidebarup and !outsidebardown then [3] else ), color.black);

Did you watch the video tutorial on how to load the watchlist columns?
Yes I watched it. Every time I cut and paste the label section comes up red and says invalid statement

Last edited by a moderator:
The following code create number on the bottom of the candle successfully ..

plot barType = if insidebar then 1 else if outsidebar then 3 else if !insidebar and !outsidebar then 2 else Double.NaN;
BarType.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.VALUES_BELOW);

Rather than a number on the bottom of the candle, I would like to display "2B", character set on the bottom of candle. Is it possible ?

Thanks in advance

Randy

@Rcheema The only way to do that would be with a bubble but I tried it at the beginning and they just obliterate price action.

@Iceburgh Here's a video I jut made to verify that it was indeed working and illustrate how to load them. I think maybe you might have accidentally not copied the whole code cause that's the only problem I came across. Watch the video, you'll see what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I went ahead and added the mtf script on the watch list, the one that provides the last 3 candels, however it doesn't seem to match up with the chart. I have my charts on aggregation to market open which if I'm not mistaken is what Rob and the other Stratters use. However it seems that the custom script goes based off the top of the hour. Is there anyway to change that?

So I went ahead and added the mtf script on the watch list, the one that provides the last 3 candels, however it doesn't seem to match up with the chart. I have my charts on aggregation to market open which if I'm not mistaken is what Rob and the other Stratters use. However it seems that the custom script goes based off the top of the hour. Is there anyway to change that?
I have not found a way to change that. Unfortunately, all watchlist columns and scans in TOS have that issue.

I have not found a way to change that. Unfortunately, all watchlist columns and scans in TOS have that issue.

Thank you for trying anyways.

I think you might find the following interesting for the strat strategies :

When the month is green, you have an inside day then a 2 down that closes green setting up a RevStrat. If it triggers.....(takes the high of the 2 down) the following day, it completes (takes the high of the 1) that day, 66.47% of the time!!!

That's potentially almost 7 out of 10 winning trades. With good risk management that is phenomenal, based in thousands off back testing charts.

I was trying to create a scan like that,
Basically green month.
Inside candle on DAILY followed by a 2 down that ends green. I'm not getting any scanned results which leads me to believe I messed up somewhere. Any help would be appreciated

When the month is green, you have an inside day then a 2 down that closes green setting up a RevStrat. If it triggers.....(takes the high of the 2 down) the following day, it completes (takes the high of the 1) that day, 66.47% of the time!!!

That's potentially almost 7 out of 10 winning trades. With good risk management that is phenomenal, based in thousands off back testing charts.

Basically green month.
Inside candle on DAILY followed by a 2 down that ends green. I'm not getting any scanned results which leads me to believe I messed up somewhere. Any help would be appreciated

Hey, You have a chart illustrating this?

Basically green month.
What's your code so far?

@Mandalorianknight63 Thats amazing! I'm definitely going to try it. Here's what I came up with: https://tos.mx/X82Wnc5

I'm including a screenshot in case the link doesn't work, you can build it yourself using the technique illustrated in the top post down toward the bottom in the video I uploaded for Actionable Signal Scans.

Here's the parameters:

VZQm0F6.png

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
432 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back