Repaints Hull Moving Average Turning Points and Concavity (2nd Derivatives)

Repaints
Status
Not open for further replies.
@mashume I've done some basic back testing, using instead MA_Min as a Buy and MA_Max as a sell signal, with Close and 21 length. Seems pretty good so far. Have you tried back testing with those? What are your thoughts on using those MAs as signals?

Thanks again for all your effort and time!

Tested this part out and I notice there is a delay sometimes on this. For example, was watching Eur/USD and the MA_Max printed when the new bar was printed.................. but 5 mins later it vanished, then 10 mins later it appeared again. I was using 1hr chart to test this. Further on, after a new bar was about 40 mins of trading, the MA_Max printed on the prior bar :( .

I wanted to add, that this part of the indicator when it does delay seems to be only affecting the MA_Min and Ma_Max parts and I wanted to advise anybody eye testing the results on it but rather just use the OnDemand feature if the market is close or watch it live. While watching it live on Eur/USD, and a few Futures Market today, this issue only occurred once so its nothing I would say is major but just a caution. I will test it out tomorrow during busy hours. Other than that the rest of the indicator seems to be working as the author intended. I am not using this to determine any of my trading but just wanted to give some feedback on someone looking at it live and testing in ondemand.

Here it is:

Code:
#StartCode
#amalia - interpretation of Osi's IBB for POS...I mean, TOS.

input Agg_ = Aggregationperiod.FIFTEEN_MIN;
input currentAgg = YES;
input showArrows = YES;
input Bubbles = NO;
input showClouds = YES;
input showLabel = YES;

def Agg = If(currentAgg, GetAggregationPeriod(), Agg_);
def O = Open;
def H = High(period = Agg);
def L = Low(period = Agg);
def C = Close;

def NaN = Double.NaN;

def R = H[1]<H[2] && L[1]>L[2];

def Const_H = If(R, H[1], Const_H[1]);
def Const_L = If(R, L[1], Const_L[1]);
def IBB_H = If(!IsNaN(Const_H), Const_H, IBB_H[1]);
def IBB_L = If(!IsNaN(Const_L), Const_L, IBB_L[1]);

plot IBBHigh = IBB_H;
plot IBBLow  = IBB_L;

plot ArrUp = If(showArrows && C crosses above IBBHigh, Low-(TickSize()*4), Nan);
plot ArrDn = If(showArrows && C crosses below IBBLow, High+(TickSize()*4), NaN);

addChartBubble(if Bubbles then ArrUp else NaN, IBBLow-(TickSize()*3), "Buy This Dumbass", Color.GREEN, No);
addChartBubble(if Bubbles then ArrDn else NaN, IBBHigh+(TickSize()*3), "Sell Here Stupid", CreateColor(255,102,204));

addLabel(showLabel, "IBB High = " + IBBHigh + " | " + "IBB Low = " + IBBLow, CreateColor(255,102, 204));

def GreenUp = If(showClouds && Low>IBB_L, IBB_H, Double.NaN);
def GreenDn = If(showClouds && Low>IBB_L, IBB_L, Double.NaN);
def RedUp = If(showClouds && High<IBB_H, IBB_H, Double.NaN);
def RedDn = If(showClouds && High<IBB_H, IBB_L, Double.NaN);

addCloud(GreenUp, GreenDn, Color.GREEN, Color.GREEN);
addCloud(RedUp, RedDn,
CreateColor(255,102,204), CreateColor(255,102,204));
#Color.RED);

IBBHigh.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HORIZONTAL);
IBBLow.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HORIZONTAL);
ArrUp.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.ARROW_UP);
ArrDn.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.ARROW_DOWN);
IBBHigh.SetDefaultColor(Color.GRAY);
IBBLow.SetDefaultColor(Color.GRAY);
ArrUp.SetDefaultColor(Color.GREEN);
ArrDn.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);
#EndCode

@mashume If I am not asking for too much, can you update the 1st post in this thread with the latest version of indicator, scan and watchlist code. It will be easy for anyone to try. Thanks for building and sharing this selflessly.

Code in the original post is now the most recent version, to the best of my ability after looking at the futures market tonight.

-mashume

I wanted to add, that this part of the indicator when it does delay seems to be only affecting the MA_Min and Ma_Max parts and I wanted to advise anybody eye testing the results on it but rather just use the OnDemand feature if the market is close or watch it live. While watching it live on Eur/USD, and a few Futures Market today, this issue only occurred once so its nothing I would say is major but just a caution. I will test it out tomorrow during busy hours. Other than that the rest of the indicator seems to be working as the author intended. I am not using this to determine any of my trading but just wanted to give some feedback on someone looking at it live and testing in ondemand.

Thanks for the heads up, i'll keep my eye open re delay. I like to use multiple time frames, so i'm thinking about entering when MA_Min is green on a higher time, and then exit when MA_Max prints on a shorter time frame. (e.g. enter on Hourly, exit on 15 or 30, etc)

To my knowledge, any indicators with repainting will not work on mobile. The max min still works. Try do a screenshot to check

This is likely super basic to most of you expert traders here. But I just wanted to give something back to the community since its been such a great value for me so far. On the 5 min chart, volume average at the default 50 period filters out most of the false signals with this indicator . The two in combination , along with common sense of course, can be a "one stop shop" for all your trading needs. Good luck to all next week.

Thanks for the heads up, i'll keep my eye open re delay. I like to use multiple time frames, so i'm thinking about entering when MA_Min is green on a higher time, and then exit when MA_Max prints on a shorter time frame. (e.g. enter on Hourly, exit on 15 or 30, etc)
More testing and I am seeing it do a lot now as I am watching more closely today. Anytime something makes a major turn it will print 1-2 bars back as if it was already there. Was watching Eur/Usd for fun and notice that when it went up fast it would print it 2 bars ago and than Eur/USD went the other direction and than the signal would disappear. Just note this is only on the MA parts of the indicator.

@toopoor88 try and screen capture if possible. I'm doing testing for ticks. do share.
It appears and vanish sometimes too quick from my slow self to take a pic hehe but I would say best thing is for the creator to go to "On Demand" in the platform and replay 8:20am-8:50am Eur/Usd on a 1hr chart and you will notice it doing it about 2-3 times if I remember. Of course you can't replay tell Tomorrow. Also another one to test is at 8:47-8:48am "/CL" one a one minute chart and you will see that the MA is apperaing and than vanish in the pervious bar due to price changing. Think those two spots will be good for anybody to see for themself.

Just to make sure everyone understands, my feedback on the indicator is only in reference to switchfire only testing out the MA_max / MA_min of the indicator. It is showing more and more that in some cases if it does print and it stays you will have to wait for 2-3 bars to confirm just to be safe. Which might be way too late. As I am typing this it did it again on "/CL" the 8:51 bar printed, and than the 8:52 bar printed, and soon as the 8:53 bar moved a little more, the 8:51 bar is now showing the signal. I am just saying to be very cautious with this part of the indicator. Also it doesn't matter the time frame or if you are using ticks, this will occur.

@toopoor88 i'm manually marking the Max min after bar closes. I will feed back.
but i repeat again, my understanding of repainting indicators is they will not work on mobile. so far been printing really good, although some trades would be a loser.

@toopoor88 i'm manually marking the Max min after bar closes. I will feed back.
but i repeat again, my understanding of repainting indicators is they will not work on mobile. so far been printing really good, although some trades would be a loser.
I don't use the mobile but wanted to test out your statement today. I loaded up "/ES" put it on 1 min chart and notice at 10:35am that bar was finish printing. No signal was printed but as the 10:36am bar had about roughly 10 secs left before it close the 10:35am now shows the signal. I havent seen it erase anything once printed but there is a chance that it will go back if nothing was printed and place something.

try to give the old zoom in zoom out pinch.
the weird thing about tos is if you hold portrait, some signals will be hidden, and then suddenly appear if you zoom out.
it's clearer in landscape mode. i'm still watching /GC. will feed back.

I changed how it is printed to make sure it's visible and for it to number above or below the bar. So zooming was not the issue. It went back and printed the signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.