Holy Grail ADX Trading Setup for ThinkorSwim

H

HighBredCloud

Well if you want "ultimate ADX/DMI" vwp, pullback entry indicator: I wrote one . Spend friggin 2 month polishing it to perfection . It is quite silly though even though its very accurate on trending stocks (over 95% accurate). ITs not hard to find pullback entry on trending stock. the trick is to find stock which will be trending (and not reverse/chop shortly)
here it is http://tos.mx/7X1yazr : guranteed to give perfect entry signals on trending stocks!
How do you even begin to use this thing LOL...

D

dolomick

I use ADX/DMI to confirm the trend I am trading. Would never use this or any indicator by itself. The image below shows a good example, you may notice I changed the colors. Once in a trade I do not use ADX/DMI to close the trade instead BOP, Wave C (an 8/377 MACD with a smoother basically) and price action are used.

This chart looks awesome, would you mind sharing? I’ve been looking at your posts and you seem to have a lot of really really good stuff.

P

pk1729

Warehouse
VIP
Well if you want "ultimate ADX/DMI" vwp, pullback entry indicator: I wrote one . Spend friggin 2 month polishing it to perfection . It is quite silly though even though its very accurate on trending stocks (over 95% accurate). ITs not hard to find pullback entry on trending stock. the trick is to find stock which will be trending (and not reverse/chop shortly)
here it is http://tos.mx/7X1yazr : guranteed to give perfect entry signals on trending stocks!
@skynetgen this looks great. Do you use this on all timeframes or any specific timeframes? Do you have scan for this? Scan to check when Red turns to green or green turns to Red?

Thanks.

mc01439

mc01439

2019 Donor
VIP
This chart looks awesome, would you mind sharing? I’ve been looking at your posts and you seem to have a lot of really really good stuff.
@dolomick - Sorry it took so long to reply. Here it the chart you requested. Please keep in mind that a pretty chart does not always deliver. Also consider that the trend reversal indicator re-paints and the FPL $ amount is not a true measure of the success of the indicator.

Caution - this is a test chart but there may be a few things you can use.

Last edited:
G

Gildes

Best way to get in touch with you @skynetgen ?

D

dvorakm

2019 Donor
VIP
Code:
//Created By Chris Moody on 11-18-2014
//Modded, YG, mashed together DMI + ADX
//Designed to go with ADX Trading System.
//Video Overview Explaining Setup
study(title="CM_ADX_V1", shorttitle="CM_ADX + DMI")
len = input(14, minval=1, title="DI Length")
lensig = input(14, title="ADX Smoothing", minval=1, maxval=50)

up = change(high)
down = -change(low)
trur = rma(tr, len)

plus = fixnan(100 * rma(up > down and up > 0 ? up : 0, len) / trur)
minus = fixnan(100 * rma(down > up and down > 0 ? down : 0, len) / trur)

sum = plus + minus
adx = 100 * rma(abs(plus - minus) / (sum == 0 ? 1 : sum), lensig)

osob=input(40,title="Exhaustion Level for ADX, default = 40")

col = adx <= 10 ? gray : adx > 10 and adx <= 20 and plus > minus ? #98FF98 :adx > 10 and adx <= 20 and plus < minus ? #E77471 : adx > 20 and adx <= osob and plus > minus ? lime :adx > 20 and adx <= osob and plus < minus? red: adx > osob and plus > minus ?green:adx > osob and plus < minus ?maroon:white
barcolor(col)
//plot(plus, color=lime, title="+DI", style=line, linewidth=3)
//plot(minus, color=red, title="-DI", style=line, linewidth=3)
plot(adx, color=col, title="ADX", style=columns)
plot(0, title="0 Line", style=line, linewidth=1, color=gray)

plot(10, title="10 Line", style=circles, linewidth=1, color=gray)

plot(20, title="20 Line", style=circles, linewidth=1, color=gray)

plot(osob, title="10 Line", style=circles, linewidth=1, color=gray)

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mercuryyy

VIP
@mc01439 the lower indicators balanceofpower and wave_c can you please explain how you use them as related to the charts, i do see some patterns hoping on looking at it the right way.

Thank you for the chart really seems good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J007RMC Indicators 454