ECI Gaussian Indicator for ThinkorSwim

T

Trading51

2019 Donor
@Trading51 As @tomsk said, you can only have one plot in a scan.
Thus, if you want a bullish scan, you put a Hashtag, Pound Sign, Comment (all the same thing >>> #) in front of the line of code that you do not want, which is the "plot bear scan" code.

Commenting out a line or 2 of code saves you from deleting it and then searching for the original to get that code back. :)(y)

Anywhere, at the beginning of any line of code, in any study, scan, marketwatch column or whatever, a person can put this little symbol # in front of any line of code and it will render that line of code unreadable by the computer. (Sorry for yelling)

If a person wants a bull scan and a bear scan, save one as Yogi Bull and the other as Yogi Bear, or whatever one wishes. and call up which ever scan you wish and it should perform as expected.

If all else fails, read the Tutorials Here and on TOS. Thanks!
No worries on the yelling it’s all good thanks for the details makes sense, it’s best to fully understand verse getting lost over something like # cheers

markos

markos

VIP
@markos Nope. Great explaination. I was referring to how many times this same question comes up. Would be easier to copy paste your answer.
@horserider I am saving canned responses so that I can pull them from my file! Thanks for the idea.

T

tomsk

VIP
@markos Actually I have created a file called LINKS on my computer with links on various topics that I have previously authored. Soon as someone asks something similar to that all's I do is to just locate that link and produce that. Simple but a workable system

T

Trading51

2019 Donor
@markos Actually I have created a file called LINKS on my computer with links on various topics that I have previously authored. Soon as someone asks something similar to that all's I do is to just locate that link and produce that. Simple but a workable system
Smart!

markos

markos

VIP
Very nice @tomsk.
Does your trading group use a data base to search for duplicates, originals, iterations etc?
Do you know of a good resource for info on using Notepad++ for our purposes here?

T

tomsk

VIP
@markos This has been a long standing debate when I was part of the lounge several years ago. Our premise is real simple - any study that gets added to our archives must be thoroughly compared and verified not to be a duplicate. If it is a modification of an existing study then we maintain different versioning numbers. We run file differences to note any code additions/deletions. Otherwise if we don't do this, we'll be dealing with a gob of duplicates which just increases the complexity of managing this. So far the both of us have been managing it just fine. All our studies, scans, strategies are maintained in individual NotePad files. Hope this helps.

EDIT: You might want to reach out to Paris separately as he has been doing the lion's share of managing this activity. I only assist whenever I can.

markos

markos

VIP
Thanks @tomsk That helps, I'll reach out to Paris later this week.

T

Trading51

2019 Donor
Mobius mention a few indicators that can be used with this, Super trend fractal Pivots, super trend Deviation bands, and Linear regression deviation bands are these posted somewhere?

T

tomsk

VIP
For those who may not be familiar, the OneNote mentioned by @BenTen above is maintained by a trader called Johnny Quotron or JQ for short. Many times he annotates additional code/comments and so for those who are comparing code, those studies may look slightly different.

For those that like to browse Mobius original studies, you can always visit the following site, there are 100 studies there last I looked. These were posted by Mobius himself.

https://www.mytrade.com/profile/Mobius/

markos

markos

VIP
When they shut down MyTrade last month on TOS (it's still available on the web) Quite a few people put their studies in the OneNote for posterity!
By the Way, many say if a study isn't in there, it didn't deserve to be. ;)
Mobius said he was done at 100 great Studies.
Thanks @tomsk !!

T

tomsk

VIP
Indeed. For those so inclined, it might be worth your while to extract all Mobius posts from his MyTrade. Probably best done on a weekend when we have a bit more time. That way you know you'll have the latest original code

T

Thomas

ECI is based on the FE algorithm
# Original plot style by Mobius
# Note: Default Lengths are not optimized. My personal experience has been length ranges between 8 and 13 are generally effective.

Last edited:
T

Thomas

I ran this but added a few scan parameters that returned 6 stocks FRI. needless to say all very bullish.
ECI Bull Scan/ set daily
min $20.00
% change plus min 2% max 10%
avg vol 30 simple up to 1 mil

Last edited:
T

TopDog

VIP
@BenTen The scan does not seem to work. Can you help ?

T

Thomas

Super scan........https://tos.mx/YErdUR4 Indicator,......https://tos.mx/YlJvmm5

Last edited: