Custom Thinkscript - Volume Stats for ThinkOrSwim

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
@jngy2k Sounds (Looks) right... What does it plot...???

jngy2k

jngy2k

VIP
@jngy2k Sounds (Looks) right... What does it plot...???
nevermind it doesn't work
as the intraday progresses the highest high is not registered
and the new high of the current bar is registered

jngy2k

jngy2k

VIP
@jngy2k did you see the thread i posted for you??
yeah i'm looking at it trying to figure it out
edit: benten unfortunately uses two functions that i can't incorporate into my study
1) GetTime() < RegularTradingStart(GetYYYYMMDD());
i'm using input for closing time and open time
and def secondstilltime to assign a value non 0 value in seconds
and that will record my premarket time in seconds
instead of assigning a specific date
i can move premarket time to actually anytime i want 1600-930 or even 2000-400
2) if BarNumber() == HighestAll(ONhighBar)
this function takes too much effort on the cpu.
i run thinkorswim on my laptop and rather use isnan
according to this https://tlc.thinkorswim.com/center/...dvanced/Chapter-12---Past-Offset-and-Prefetch

i'm learning from his code though so thanks for the link

Last edited:
LuKaSi

LuKaSi

Can someone quickly explain what the different colors on the volume bars represent? I can gather that green are buys and red are sells, but what about the dark green vs lighter neon green, and what about red vs orange.

Other than that the explanation given on this thread has been truly helpful. These are the exact type of labels I was looking for.

S

SuryaKiranC

@LuKaSi
When the Sell Volume is increasing it's darker Red, Light Red with sell volume is decreasing,
Increase in Buy Volume is Dark Green, Light Green if the Buy volume is decreasing. Let me know if you have questions.

LuKaSi

LuKaSi

@LuKaSi
When the Sell Volume is increasing it's darker Red, Light Red with sell volume is decreasing,
Increase in Buy Volume is Dark Green, Light Green if the Buy volume is decreasing. Let me know if you have questions.
Amazing thank you for your help.

J

jezzer46

VIP
If possible can someone make a volume label column for the watchlist? Basically I only need to display the % of 30 day to show up how it does on the indicator grey,yellow, green with percentage shown on a watchlist column. Much thanks if anyone can do so.

A

alokranjan3

I am looking for lower study for price range divided by Volume to decide if volume and price are in agreement?

Thanks in advance!

D

dreday70

@LuKaSi
You have red overlapping green. What does that signify?

Also, what is D Buy/D Sell? All the numbers jump left and right on the screen and its really hard to follow. Any way to fix that?

Also, what does the buy and sell number tabulate exactly? Orders in level 2 or something different?

I'm going to try this for day trading, with 1 minute candles, is there something I should change?

Last edited:
D

dreday70

@OptionsTrader look at the following piece of code, it uses 60 Bars, depends on the timeframe you are they can be 60 min or 60 days.

Code:
############### Buying and Selling Volume Study
#DPL CRITERIA #
###############
input Audible_Alert = yes;
def Deviation_Length = 60;
def Deviate = 2;
def volumestdev = RelativeVolumeStDev(length = Deviation_Length);
def abovedev = volumestdev >= Deviate;
def belowdev = volumestdev <= Deviate;
What does this show us?

E

Earthian

This blog has been fantastic and has greatly helped my learning curve. I highly appreciate all the selfless work shared by the community folks here.

Question: Is there an indicator that counts and displays how much volume is being traded at each price level during regular trading sessions? It's like the volume profile chart in TOS but also displaying actual volume numbers being traded shown as labels in real-time at each "price level" and keeps counting as time is progressing. Pretty much like what we see in the active trader window in TOS but displaying total volume. Volume should dynamically change as the price keeps oscillating and revisiting different price levels. Thank You!

Example;

Price - Total volume

1121.0 - 6500
1120.5 - 8500
1120.0 - 11000
1119.5 - 10800
1119.0 - 9700

Last edited: