Custom bid column within certain time

drmaddogs2

VIP
I've been wondering about more specified time frames and applying to watch lists in AHours and Before Hours in the TOS when data isn't overwhelming in comprehension or the capability of the actual feed. my TOS becomes a little bogged down in performance with too many 'Screeners' as does my attention using too many during... say... open market.

So... It would be neat to take watch-lists and set for gains or drops.. compared to what TOS does provide in watch lists, customize, "LAST" versus "BID"... this indicates after hours movers. after 4 am or after 4pm. ....

Many of us look at volume movers... where the trade is, discern this looking down a TOS standard personal list or Use the news lists ect ect. But most people do not trade short and long.. need the volume for one or the other, need to look at, say this morning by 4:30 am a list of 50 'movers' on just one of my lists which contains 100 symbols.(Fwiw... to keep a list from becoming 'too large with prior 'movers or suspected to move I have to eliminate... I do so based on volume/loss of interest by those in the market)

List is moving but only "X"(in my case 5-6) are moving to the upside... additionally strength of move can be used in Bid Ask differences... so there is a potential there to be advantaged... which then can can be watch list alerted.. meaning a number of watch lists, for gainers.. but few are chosen BY THE watch lists.

On another note and question... whether a custom list or standard like 'news' the Ask or Bid comes colored, red or green... and has seemingly no reference to each other before open or after close...before 7am and after 4 pm.- Ie 'Last' versus 'Bid' from the periods of trading TOS has recorded- Bhours and open hours.. and the same for AHours and last open hours. Have you any idea why the colors are designed as such? can the colors of the 'Bid' 'ask'(or any other watch list customize 'Available items' be colorized- leading to another setup perhaps for Alerts?) on the 'SOP" TOS watch lists, custom or other wise be manipulated?

Perhaps later we can discuss rates of change or % of change 'bid/ask' filtering in Ah and Bhours lists... if lists can be reduced by volumes of symbols, by going either negative or positive in list via custom by greater or lessor settings?

@drmaddogs2 You mentioned a lot of things here. Can you take a step back and tell me what you're looking for in greater details? Sorry but I'm having a hard time trying to understand your perspective.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Yeah... I really use to many paradigms in one post.
Can you make a watchlist respond to bid being higher than last between 4 am and 7am...... and 4pm and 8 pm?
TOS watch lists freeze last trade price except for open hours, 7am - 4 pm.
And
Watchlist's 'Last and 'Bid are colorized............. green red for those with trades recorded in the after hours and before hours. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for either color unused in those hours. in those hours those stocks that haven't volume/trades are shown in white or gray and again seem to be for no reasoning... in those hours.. before 7 am and after 4 pm.
So..
I was wndering if there was a manner of setting up watch list to divine these differences, in inherent in TOS watchlists
Using 'Customize. where then like in a watchlist most anything has a 'Greater or lessor' function?
And... can colorizing be controlled in any of the symbols different 'Customized entries..either Bid ask volume market cap ect ect ect?
Use...
to discern those stocks at a glance moving BH and Ahours... when MMs are largely out of the picture. So much news happens in those 'Off Hours... many moves are done in a few minutes, so many lists, too few eyeballs lolol!

You did it again and are asking for a bunch of scans and are vaguely explaining each one. i will attempt to adress what i can gather from your ideas.

Can you make a watchlist respond to bid being higher than last between 4 am and 7am...... and 4pm and 8 pm?
No there is no way to get historical big/ask data to scan against with thinkorswim

dont know what your trying to say but sounds possible

Watchlist's 'Last and 'Bid are colorized............. green red for those with trades recorded in the after hours and before hours. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for either color unused in those hours. in those hours those stocks that haven't volume/trades are shown in white or gray and again seem to be for no reasoning... in those hours.. before 7 am and after 4 pm.
too confusing, you have so many things you are trying to explain here yet its all over the place and not correctly explained in a comprehendible way.

I was wndering if there was a manner of setting up watch list to divine these differences, in inherent in TOS watchlists
Using 'Customize. where then like in a watchlist most anything has a 'Greater or lessor' function?

sounds possible

And... can colorizing be controlled in any of the symbols different 'Customized entries..either Bid ask volume market cap ect ect ect?
once again as mentioned before... there is no way to get historical big/ask data to scan against with thinkorswim

to discern those stocks at a glance moving BH and Ahours... when MMs are largely out of the picture. So much news happens in those 'Off Hours... many moves are done in a few minutes, so many lists, too few eyeballs lolol!
I dont know what your trying to explain or do but market makers are never out of the picture, algos on super computers ran by the market markers using the best AI (artificial intelligence) you can imagine run these machines and rarely need human intervention, your not going to outsmart or be faster than these machines or the networks they run on. On the other hand you have algos on super computers ran by very large firms running the best AI money can buy, your not going to beat them either. Sadly to say Youre going to be stuck trading how regular folks do and finding trading setups at the same rate most of retail (and regular humans) do.
As a side note: As a retail trader if your goal is to beat MM (or large firms) i see you going broke, youre not going to beat "big money" "smart money" consistently.

don't know what your trying to say but sounds possible

It is a condition that exists, please confirm now by bringing up on a watchlist 'last price'... or yesterdays close.

Watchlist's 'Last and 'Bid are colorized.........
are they not? Have you asked why the colors are only representative, up/down... green/red... during open hours?

As a side note: As a retail trader if your goal is to beat MM (or large firms) i see you going broke, you're not going to beat "big money" "smart money" consistently.

Everywhere there is a tight fist with sand in it, sand leaks out.. GME for example.
But as you mention, 'technicals' are what AI works off of, beating MMs isn't the point, participating is the point. Looking for 'sand' is not the same as forcing a hand open/beating.

sorry, but i cant understand what you are trying to imply or achieve due to the English language barrier that there appears to be and the wide array of topics that you appear to be inquiring about. Perhaps someone else can understand.