Create label on chart with OS/float data

zeek

zeek

VIP
I am wondering if it would be possible to create a label that shows the outstanding shares or float of any stock (not sure which one it is) on the chart. This data can be seen in any watchlist by adding the "shares" column but to me, it would be much better and more clear if this number was displayed as a label directly on the chart.
Can this be done?

(See pic below)

Last edited by a moderator:
markos

markos

VIP
Warehouse
@zeek Please read the manual, or call support. My understanding is that certain data cannot be put on a chart. I know float definitely can't as of last upgrade.

zeek

zeek

VIP
Ok, i didn`t know that but thanks for clarifying this. I just assumed it would be possible because the OS data is already available in the watchl

R

RDMercer

I am wondering if it would be possible to create a label that shows the outstanding shares or float of any stock (not sure which one it is) on the chart. This data can be seen in any watchlist by adding the "shares" column but to me, it would be much better and more clear if this number was displayed as a label directly on the chart.
Can this be done?

(See pic below)

Note: The way TOS comes up with Float is different from the actual value you will find for an equity's float on Yahoo Finance / IBD or financial statements. Have no idea why but several years ago I asked TOS for this specific data point as I was working on a Float Analysis indicator. TOS could offer zero assistance. Good luck and let us know if you have better luck !

markos

markos

VIP
Warehouse
One never knows what changes may come. Or when. However, as of now, it can be written in Sharpie: Even though Shares Outstanding or Float may be available on a watchlist, they are absolutely, 100%, not available to place on a chart in ANY way or Manner... I'm told that it's not even on their radar.
I can't even get them to program % of S&P 500 stocks above their 200 day SMA.
A TOS programmer told me that their was no way they could do it.
It has something to do with the guts of the "operating system".
Some of you may not know, but 1-2 years ago, one of their weekend updates killed certain scans and they had to create new script words.

On the other hand, their server farm is massive. They keep everyone's settings and studies saved on their servers. I'm happy they do.

Last edited:
R

RDMercer

One never knows what changes may come. Or when. However, as of now, it can be written in Sharpie: Even though Shares Outstanding or Float may be available on a watchlist, they are absolutely, 100%, not available to place on a chart in ANY way or Manner... I'm told that it's not even on their radar.
I can't even get them to program % of S&P 500 stocks above their 200 day SMA.
A TOS programmer told me that their was no way they could do it.
It has something to do with the guts of the "operating system".
Some of you may not know, but 1-2 years ago, one of their weekend updates killed certain scans and they had to create new script words.

On the other hand, their server farm is massive. They keep everyone's settings and studies saved on their servers. I'm happy they do.
"Unable" and "Unwilling" are two very different statements. Part of the issue is the hard data points many users desire are actually for sale from various sources like NASDAQ? Dow Jones? BUT TOS / TDA does not buy all of the data sets that are for sale... actual float is an example... as is percentage "X" index member stocks trading above 200 day MOVAVG, etc. (StockCharts.com has this value)... some of the volatility data isn't purchased such as the data the Najarians use in their UOA scan / screen which is for sale from the Merc in Chicago. One can "make" a dumb box compute anything; IF you have the data points available to calc from else you're screwed. Loop

markos

markos

VIP
Warehouse
@RDMercer I told the programmer the spirit of what you said above. When I told him that I used stockcharts.com for some things, there was no reply. Quite sad.

R

RDMercer

@RDMercer I told the programmer the spirit of what you said above. When I told him that I used stockcharts.com for some things, there was no reply. Quite sad.
No worries... I’ve told them the exact same things over the last 9 years! If TOS / TDA want to do something about it it’s easy enough. Just get out the checkbook.

L

Likos

VIP
Hi there! Anyone have a script to provide a gap achieved % or float % remaining for watch list? I apologisze for the complicated question.

2sureshk

Hi

Does anyone have created a scan script for ‘FLOAT SHORT ‘ and ‘FLOAT RATIO’

I would like to find list of stocks with 20% Float Short and 20 days to recover or FLOAT RATIO

please help with options

Thx
Suresh