Confirmation Candles Indicator For ThinkorSwim

@Trader Raider i was looking at your version of the MACD_BB and you seem to have a slightly tweaked version which shows the state of the trend on the zero line (red or green). Would you be comfortable sharing your tweaked version of the indicator or mentioning what code updates you made. Thank you.

@alexsmith3546, @s1111 fixed you up with something already. If you still want it, the code I'm using is post #6 on the MACD BB thread. The only tweaks I made were to de-select the dots and customize the colors of the upper, mid, and lower lines. My zero line is unchanged from the code in post 6.

Best wishes and happy trading.

@Trader Raider i was looking at your version of the MACD_BB and you seem to have a slightly tweaked version which shows the state of the trend on the zero line (red or green). Would you be comfortable sharing your tweaked version of the indicator or mentioning what code updates you made. Thank you.
@alexsmith3546 what are your settings on the clouds, please? I think Christopher84 did an excellent job with the cloud, especially when the trend is changing.

@alexsmith3546 what are your settings on the clouds, please? I think Christopher84 did an excellent job with the cloud, especially when the trend is changing.
Not sure i follow sorry, are we talking about the MTF clouds here or the MacD BB indicator, if the MTF upper, here is what my settings look like ( I usually work on the 10 minute timeframe)

m9lB36H.png

@alexsmith3546, @s1111 fixed you up with something already. If you still want it, the code I'm using is post #6 on the MACD BB thread. The only tweaks I made were to de-select the dots and customize the colors of the upper, mid, and lower lines. My zero line is unchanged from the code in post 6.

Best wishes and happy trading.
Got it, thank you. I setup what @s1111 had sent me and it seems to work well and i like the tweaks he has made to the bollinger band appearance (almost looks like a road) and i think looking at a few trades today, as long as the dots dont get on the road, i'll stay on the trade. Thats something I have struggled with and i am hoping this helps

Hi. Sorry to interrupt this form not sure how to start a thread or a question. But I was wondering if you could make a script for this indicator. I think it would be greatly helpful to everyone. I saw it on a webinar of a master stock trader but he did not say what it was but I found it! Here is what it has going on
Hi Kennilewinski,
Not to sound pretentious, but my Consensus Confirmation Candles are better than this system and I have made them available for free here on this thread. This indicator isn't worth the money when you have better indicators available for free.

Got it, thank you. I setup what @s1111 had sent me and it seems to work well and i like the tweaks he has made to the bollinger band appearance (almost looks like a road) and i think looking at a few trades today, as long as the dots dont get on the road, i'll stay on the trade. Thats something I have struggled with and i am hoping this help
I like my Bollinger band lol, Yes my kids say they look like a road. When you see a gray clouds in bands that's a squeeze . Zero line is very important.

I like my Bollinger band lol, Yes my kids say they look like a road. When you see a gray clouds in bands that's a squeeze . Zero line is very important.
Hi S1111,

Zero line seems to be lagging (say ROKU 2 MIN for example) from 8:40 PST till now (10.52 PST)... the zero line Green but there was 2 drops (which the DOTS is capturing it from 8:46 to 9.30 and 10:02 to 10:14) so checking

How r u using it .. in alliance with CC indicator

TIA
MN

Hi S1111,

Zero line seems to be lagging (say ROKU 2 MIN for example) from 8:40 PST till now (10.52 PST)... the zero line Green but there was 2 drops (which the DOTS is capturing it from 8:46 to 9.30 and 10:02 to 10:14) so checking

How r u using it .. in alliance with CC indicator

TIA
MN
Hi Easyman,

I only scalp 1 min chart for fast in and out . I just checked 2 min Roku and it's been green zero-line since 7:24 am PST. Around 9:26 am it was red for a second but didn't cross. I mostly use CC indicator for labels and oversold overbought dots. I wait till green dots on BB cross above zeroline and above uper BB line for calls , I get out if BB dots pass midline of BB. For puts BB dots needs to be below zeroline and under lower BB line . Hope this helps.

I can't trade ROKU, its too slow of a movement lol , I scalp TSLA, NVDA and MRNA.

Zero line seems to be lagging
@easyman, you may find it beneficial to tinker with the settings on your MACD BB. There is an example of adjusted settings here. Took me quite a bit of fiddling to get it where I wanted for various timeframes. When the settings are right for the timeframe and the instrument, it pairs very well with the MTF cloud and consensus candles. Best wishes and happy trading!

@s1111 thanks.... i was thrown off by the line... that said "Zero line is important" that's why i asked... and it looks like you are using the Dots .... that's my observation too... thanks... i am going to hide the Zero line :)

@traderrider i tried to fine tune based on that post but still the Zero line doesn't work (very late) ...but the DOTS with the original settings is much better. I got Consensus and this to align and can be used as double confirmation

Thanks all
MN

@s1111 thanks.... i was thrown off by the line... that said "Zero line is important" that's why i asked... and it looks like you are using the Dots .... that's my observation too... thanks... i am going to hide the Zero line :)

@traderrider i tried to fine tune based on that post but still the Zero line doesn't work (very late) ...but the DOTS with the original settings is much better. I got Consensus and this to align and can be used as double confirmation

Thanks all
MN
Hide zero line ? no don't do it lol. You need zero line which turns green if dots above and red if dots are below the line .
I follow @Hypoluxa trading technic, read this post. Adjust the speed of bb dots depending on your chart time
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...ands-indicator-for-thinkorswim.287/post-43308

Has anyone managed to write a scan identifying when a stock is near a green cloud or a red cloud, i have been able to get into some nice reversals that way but a scanner would help. I skimmed through the code but I dont understand thinkscript that well to determine how to write a scanner for that.

Has anyone managed to write a scan identifying when a stock is near a green cloud or a red cloud,
This is what I use. It's just a simple scan for crosses of the 10 period EMA. I use the "any" not the "all" criteria setting so that the scan produces results for both sides of the cloud. This scan gives results for a candle that closed above the lower edge of the cloud or below the upper edge of the cloud. It also scans for candles that pierced the cloud regardless of where they closed (catches wicks that crossed into the cloud). This scan is for a 15-30 min cloud, but you can adapt it for your preferred cloud settings. Just make sure to scan for crosses below the shorter time frame (price dips down into the cloud) and crosses above the longer time frame (price breaks into the cloud from below).

@Christopher84 probably has a more technical solution but I hope this tides you over until then. Best wishes and happy trading.

Has anyone managed to write a scan identifying when a stock is near a green cloud or a red cloud, i have been able to get into some nice reversals that way but a scanner would help. I skimmed through the code but I dont understand thinkscript that well to determine how to write a scanner for that.
Hi @alexsmith3546,
Here is something to help you scan for those conditions. Install this code as a study. The codes below are not intended to be used on a chart. This is for scanning and watchlist column only.
Code:
#Keltner_STARC_WL and Scan

#Keltner
declare weak_volume_dependency;
input displace = 0;
input factor = 3.25;
input length = 20;
input price = close;
input averageType = AverageType.SIMPLE;
input trueRangeAverageType = AverageType.SIMPLE;

def shift = factor * MovingAverage(trueRangeAverageType, TrueRange(high, close, low), length);

def average = MovingAverage(averageType, price, length);

def Avg = average[-displace];
#Avg.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(1));

plot Upper_BandK = average[-displace] + shift[-displace];
Upper_BandK.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(8));

plot Lower_BandK = average[-displace] - shift[-displace];
Lower_BandK.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(5));

#STARC

input ATR_length = 15;
input SMA_length = 6;
input multiplier_factor = 1.25;

def val = Average(price, sma_length);

def average_true_range = Average(TrueRange(high, close, low), length = atr_length);

plot Upper_BandS = val[-displace] + multiplier_factor * average_true_range[-displace];
Upper_BandS.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(0));

plot Lower_BandS = val[-displace] - multiplier_factor * average_true_range[-displace];
Lower_BandS.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(0));
HFUxePd.png

This is the configuration for the OB Cloud. You can adjust the aggregation period to your preference.
UwyH61W.png

The above configuration is for the OS Cloud. Again, you can adjust the aggregation period to your preference. Below is the code for the custom watchlist column.
Code:
#Keltner_STARC_WL

#Keltner
declare weak_volume_dependency;
input displace = 0;
input factor = 3.25;
input length = 20;
input price = close;
input averageType = AverageType.SIMPLE;
input trueRangeAverageType = AverageType.SIMPLE;

def shift = factor * MovingAverage(trueRangeAverageType, TrueRange(high, close, low), length);
def average = MovingAverage(averageType, price, length);

plot Avg = average[-displace];

def Upper_BandK = average[-displace] + shift[-displace];
def Lower_BandK = average[-displace] - shift[-displace];

#STARC

input ATR_length = 15;
input SMA_length = 6;
input multiplier_factor = 1.25;

def val = Average(price, sma_length);
def average_true_range = Average(TrueRange(high, close, low), length = atr_length);
def Upper_BandS = val[-displace] + multiplier_factor * average_true_range[-displace];
def Lower_BandS = val[-displace] - multiplier_factor * average_true_range[-displace];

def UP = Lower_BandS < Lower_BandK;
def DOWN = Upper_BandS > Upper_BandK;

AssignBackgroundColor(if DOWN then color.LIGHT_RED else if UP then color.dark_green else color.black);
It will turn green for an OS Cloud and red for an OB Cloud. Should look like the image below. Hope this helps. Happy trading!
KNG6TwL.png

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your hard work and help. I just knew about the indicators yesterday and trying to read every post to understand the whole idea. So I will make you headache with some questions, we have 2 indicators one is the confirmation candles and 2nd is Consensus Confirmation Candles. Do arrows repaint? And confirmation factor calculates how many indicators? Can I use the consensus candles only or should be together with confirmation candles? How do they perform for daily charts?

Again very sorry to ask many

@toMatto, you're very welcome. Here's a trade I took this morning. It shows how well the MACD_BB (I took the dots off) plays with Christopher's indicators. The yellow line is just a markup of my logic for my journal. Since you trade stocks more than I do, I'd be curious to hear any insights you have as you use Christopher's indicators. Thanks in advance :) Best wishes and happy trading!

@Trader Raider Any chance you can share your chart. Thanks.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
453 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back