blackFLAG FTS - SwingArm Trend Indicator using ATRTrailing Stop and Fibonacci Retracements

stockula

stockula

VIP
I like it on the 5min time frame. I don’t take the arrows solely as entry signals, because they fake out a lot.

arrows taken near swingarm zones, ORB levels or wedge breaks have much higher probability to follow through,

so I look for entry arrows in those conditions.
@harber09

M

Maya

@fpapedo Nothing special, it's using TMO by Mobius with higher agg as the underlying (original thread)

Code:
# My version of so called "blackFLAG FTS PLATINUM Ver. 5.0" @Maya
# TMO ((T)rue (M)omentum (O)scillator) With Higher Aggregation
# Mobius
# V01.05.2018
#hint: TMO calculates momentum using the DELTA of price. Giving a much better picture of trend, tend reversals and divergence than momentum oscillators using price.

input length = 14;
input calcLength = 5;
input smoothLength = 3;
input agg = AggregationPeriod.HOUR;

def o = open(period = agg);
def c = close(period = agg);
def data = fold i = 0 to length
           with s
           do s + (if c > getValue(o, i)
                   then 1
                   else if c < getValue(o, i)
                        then - 1
                        else 0);
def EMA5 = ExpAverage(data, calcLength);
def Main = ExpAverage(EMA5, smoothLength);
def Signal = ExpAverage(Main, smoothLength);
# End Code TMO with Higher Aggregation

plot uarrow = Main > Signal;
uarrow.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
uarrow.SetDefaultColor(Color.CYAN);
uarrow.SetLineWeight(1);

plot darrow = Main < Signal;
darrow.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_Down);
darrow.SetDefaultColor(Color.red);
darrow.SetLineWeight(1);
Default higher period = Hourly. Change this to anything you want. Play with it to find the best timeframe.

technicallydreaming

technicallydreaming

@fpapedo Nothing special, it's using TMO by Mobius with higher agg as the underlying (original thread)

Code:
# My version of so called "blackFLAG FTS PLATINUM Ver. 5.0" @Maya
# TMO ((T)rue (M)omentum (O)scillator) With Higher Aggregation
# Mobius
# V01.05.2018
#hint: TMO calculates momentum using the DELTA of price. Giving a much better picture of trend, tend reversals and divergence than momentum oscillators using price.

input length = 14;
input calcLength = 5;
input smoothLength = 3;
input agg = AggregationPeriod.HOUR;

def o = open(period = agg);
def c = close(period = agg);
def data = fold i = 0 to length
           with s
           do s + (if c > getValue(o, i)
                   then 1
                   else if c < getValue(o, i)
                        then - 1
                        else 0);
def EMA5 = ExpAverage(data, calcLength);
def Main = ExpAverage(EMA5, smoothLength);
def Signal = ExpAverage(Main, smoothLength);
# End Code TMO with Higher Aggregation

plot uarrow = Main > Signal;
uarrow.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
uarrow.SetDefaultColor(Color.CYAN);
uarrow.SetLineWeight(1);

plot darrow = Main < Signal;
darrow.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_Down);
darrow.SetDefaultColor(Color.red);
darrow.SetLineWeight(1);
Default higher period = Hourly. Change this to anything you want. Play with it to find the best timeframe.
I added this to my charts and thought it was the holy grail. Then I realized it repaints for x amount of candles depending on timeframe the indicator is set to.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@technicallydreaming I looked at the code @Maya posted above. Since it's using data from the higher timeframe, you need to wait for the candle from that timeframe to close for confirmation.

B

bubz

VIP
Im pretty sure his arrows have some other things attached to it than just TMO. Observing his over time and comparing it to this.

D

DDW

@DDW Thank you, I'll check it out. Been meaning to learn about fractals.
Keep in mind that two bars need to print after a fractal forms in order for it to be a valid fractal. Also, you may have realized that it can be an excellent trading strategy in itself. Place a buy or sell stop a tick above or below the most recent fractal and more times than not you will get a nice follow through in that direction.

T

TradeUp

2019 Donor
Keep in mind that two bars need to print after a fractal forms in order for it to be a valid fractal. Also, you may have realized that it can be an excellent trading strategy in itself. Place a buy or sell stop a tick above or below the most recent fractal and more times than not you will get a nice follow through in that direction.
@DDW Would you by any chance have a scan for the Bill Williams Fractals? Thanks! Also, do you trade fractals on the 1 min. or the 5 min. ?

T

trouble56

VIP
@fjr1300 How do I get ahold of you regarding your Black Flag Trading services? I didn't see contact info on your website or a way to contact you via twitter. please advise. thank you. Aaron

E

egshih

VIP
Hi,
Just a quick question, are you using the default ORB indicator by Mobius? Also, did you change the opening time from the default one at 6:30? Please let me know. Thanks!

I like it on the 5min time frame. I don’t take the arrows solely as entry signals, because they fake out a lot.

arrows taken near swingarm zones, ORB levels or wedge breaks have much higher probability to follow through,

so I look for entry arrows in those conditions.
@harber09

H

hashy

Would you by any chance have a scan for the Bill Williams Fractals? Thanks! Also, do you trade fractals on the 1 min. or the 5 min. ?
@TradeUp
Williams_Fractal()."upfractal" is true within 10 bars

that's assuming you've saved the study as "Williams_Fractal". You can change "upfractal" to "downfractal" and of course 10 bars to whatever you want.

T

TradeUp

2019 Donor
@TradeUp
Williams_Fractal()."upfractal" is true within 10 bars

that's assuming you've saved the study as "Williams_Fractal". You can change "upfractal" to "downfractal" and of course 10 bars to whatever you want.
Thank you so much!

G

geewiz202

VIP
Can you briefly describe Zones 1-4? Assuming Zone 4 is buy zone? Currently MRNA is showing Zone 4 for 1Day timeframe

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@geewiz202 The zones are the fib levels based on the ATR Trailing Stoploss line. Those fib levels are 61.8, 78.6, and 88.6

P

paraglohiya

VIP
Hi @Maya @BenTen for the above TMO indicator how can I configure it to take the time frame from Chart. Thank you in advance!

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@paraglohiya In the indicator's settings, just change the aggregation period to the current timeframe on your chart.

V

vince92615

VIP
I added the watchlist today, but watch it keep loading forever.