blackFLAG FTS - SwingArm Trend Indicator using ATRTrailing Stop and Fibonacci Retracements

Status
Not open for further replies.
@greygoose Scan works but the alert doesn't

138IM2d.png

s5ZLfNb.png

f5oooMA.png

Imported alert link from post 1, study didn't completely go through.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's really interesting... I have previously created a similar strategy but gave up on it because I had distracting colors on the hull and the bubbles had way to much text. This is a much improved version, never thought of just using the HMA lenghts as the bubble text. Thanks for the share. @bcnhill

@bcnhill assuming you buy at the 55 and sell at the 21?...taking into account the swing arm color.

Last edited:
@Huffmac90 , could you kindly confirm your strategy with the swing arm zones and zigzag indicator like you mentioned in a previous post, screenshots and some explanations will help, thanks.

@fjr1300 Hi I have watched the videos Im just confused on what chart do I use to enter the trade or exit? Can you Help?

Take your pick.

Pick a zone 4 of any chart and take the trade. It is all about finding your trading edge. Zone 4 is the trading edge for this system. Some times it works sometimes it does not. It is all about probabilities. And the probabilities are in your favor, so, paper trade until you find what works for you. Then, walk before you run. Enjoy the journey.
The more you understand price action, the better. Timing is everything in trading. So, taking trades at the slow times of the day will cause you to be tested and possibly be stopped out. Experience comes from hours of studying setups. Some work, some do not. You just have to take them all, in the long run, it works out in your favor due to a proper risk-reward.

Regardless of what you decide to do, nothing will replace experience.

Keep in mind that any zone 4 will have a counter-trend timeframe coming against you when they are not all trending in the same direction. So, you must take profits accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
@fjr1300 Ok ill try thank you

How do I get an alert to show me zone 4 Ive lookout at all the videos and can't figure out

@mini @Billions Unfortunately, there is not scan alert for the zone 4s. You can get an alert when the swingarm does break up or down. Then you must set up your orders after that. The code is at the beginning of this thread.

@greygoose Yes, the links work in setting up the scanner, but now the issue lies in setting up the alerts.
if you already imported the scan...open it as a watch list....it will already be there under one of the personal ones as long as you have the scan saved already....then tell the watchlist to alert you when tickers change... when it is set as a watchlist, just left click on the name and the menu will pop up...go down to the alert with the bell icon next to it and set it as you want and how you want to be alerted....apologies if I am misunderstanding though

if you already imported the scan...open it as a watch list....it will already be there under one of the personal ones as long as you have the scan saved already....then tell the watchlist to alert you when tickers change... when it is set as a watchlist, just left click on the name and the menu will pop up...go down to the alert with the bell icon next to it and set it as you want and how you want to be alerted....apologies if I am misunderstanding though

Ok thanks I will try it out.

I'm having an issue w/ discrepancy between the watchlist and the chart. My /es is showing zone 2 in the watch list on 10min but when I open the 10min chart it's above zone by a decent amount. This wasn't happening to me before. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: Solved my problem. After hours wasn't enabled on my charts. THanks for the great work everyone

@BenTen I watched all the swingarm vids. I attempted to do the minor adjustments myself but no luck so I'll explain what I'm tryng to accomplish. Watch list Column 1- swingarm broke within last 10 bars (10min timeframe). Column 2 -price has entered zone 2 (10 min time frame). Column 3- price has entered zone 3 (10 min time frame). Column 4 price has entered zone 4 (10 min timframe). Thx in advance if anyone else can help me out aswell. If true it should show a 1.0. If false should show a 0

Last edited:
@BenTen I watched all the swingarm vids. I attempted to do the minor adjustments myself but no luck so I'll explain what I'm tryng to accomplish. Watch list Column 1- swingarm broke within last 10 bars (10min timeframe). Column 2 -price has entered zone 2 (10 min time frame). Column 3- price has entered zone 3 (10 min time frame). Column 4 price has entered zone 4 (10 min timframe). Thx in advance if anyone else can help me out aswell. If true it should show a 1.0. If false should show a 0
I watched the videos too but no luck also

Hi FJR1300, does this work with daily time frames? also does it only apply to futures? would it work for Stocks and currencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
424 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back