Anchored VWAP Indicator for ThinkorSwim

Hi there, I am looking for a floating (short line) anchored VWAP for 1D 2D 3D and weekly, similar to the picture showing below. The idea is to use 1D 2D and 3D to stay in the trade and use weekly as a possible pin level for Friday. I believe Alpha Trend may have something along the line. I would appreciate it a great deal if someone can help to assemble them. the FLOATING red dotted line, green line, and blue line are 1D 2D 3D Anchored VWAP

See if this helps. The code will display anchored Daily VWAPs as shown. Enter input lookback = 0 to display today's and the previous 2 day's anchored vwaps. TOS vwap's as well as data appear to be slightly different than that used in your Stockchart's display. The chart below also has SVEPIvots displayed to try to match your chart example.

Capture.jpg

Code:
#VWAP Anchored
#20210522 Sleepyz - Usethinkscript request

script v {
    input lookback = 1;
    def   anchor    = GetDay() >= GetLastDay() - lookback;
    def volumeSum   = if anchor then CompoundValue(1, volumeSum[1] + volume, volume) else 0;
    def volumeVwapSum  = if anchor then CompoundValue(1, volumeVwapSum[1] + volume * vwap, volume * vwap) else 0;
    def volumeVwap2Sum = if anchor then CompoundValue(1, volumeVwap2Sum[1] + volume * Sqr(vwap), volume * Sqr(vwap)) else 0;
    def price     = volumeVwapSum / volumeSum;
    def deviation = Sqrt(Max(volumeVwap2Sum / volumeSum - Sqr(price), 0));
    plot VWAP     = price;
}
#Day Separator
input show_day_separator = yes;
AddVerticalLine(show_day_separator and SecondsFromTime(0930) == 0, "", Color.BLUE, stroke = Curve.FIRM);

input lookback = 0;
plot v1 = v(lookback);
plot v2 = v(lookback + 1);
plot v3 = v(lookback + 2);
v1.SetDefaultColor(Color.CYAN);
v2.SetDefaultColor(Color.GREEN);
v3.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);
v1.SetLineWeight(3);
v2.SetLineWeight(3);
v3.SetLineWeight(3);
v3.SetStyle(Curve.LONG_DASH);

Last edited:

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Thanks, SleepyZ, I will test it out!
Hello, @SleepyZ I am happy to report that the script works nicely. It does seem to reset itself from Monday (D1) and etc, so on Monday the 2D and 3D lines do not show up unless I set N as 3 on Monday. Is there a way to automatically rolling back for the 3 days? It seems to roll automatically on futures though. Many thanks!

Last edited:
Hello, @SleepyZ I am happy to report that the script works nicely. It does seem to reset itself from Monday (D1) and etc, so on Monday the 2D and 3D lines do not show up unless I set N as 3 on Monday. Is there a way to automatically rolling back for the 3 days? It seems to roll automatically on futures though. Many thanks!
This is one way to fix the above issue when non-trading days are included in the last three days:
Code:
#VWAP Anchored
#20210522 Sleepyz - Usethinkscript request
#20210525 Sleepyz - modified to handle when no trading days are involved within the last 3 days

script v {
    input lookback = 1;
    def ymd      = GetYYYYMMDD();
    def dayCount = CompoundValue(1, if ymd != ymd[1] then dayCount[1] + 1 else dayCount[1], 0);
    def thisDay  = (HighestAll(dayCount) - dayCount) ;
    def anchor   =  1 + lookback ;
    def volumeSum      = if thisDay <= anchor
                         then CompoundValue(1, volumeSum[1] + volume, volume)
                         else 0;
    def volumeVwapSum  = if thisDay <= anchor
                         then CompoundValue(1, volumeVwapSum[1] + volume * vwap, volume * vwap)
                         else 0;
    def volumeVwap2Sum = if thisDay <= anchor
                         then CompoundValue(1, volumeVwap2Sum[1] + volume * Sqr(vwap),
                                               volume * Sqr(vwap))
                         else 0;
    def price     = volumeVwapSum / volumeSum;
    plot VWAP     = price;
}
#Day Separator
input show_day_separator = yes;
AddVerticalLine(show_day_separator and SecondsFromTime(0930) == 0, "", Color.BLUE, stroke = Curve.FIRM);

input lookback = 0;
plot v1 = v(lookback);
plot v2 = v(lookback + 1);
plot v3 = v(lookback + 2);
v1.SetDefaultColor(Color.CYAN);
v2.SetDefaultColor(Color.GREEN);
v3.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);
v1.SetLineWeight(3);
v2.SetLineWeight(3);
v3.SetLineWeight(3);
v3.SetStyle(Curve.LONG_DASH);
Here is an ONDEMAND chart with the current day a Monday displaying the Monday's developing vwap and the prior two trading days
Capture.jpg

hey,

I'm trying to automate the anchored vwap to take the lowest date of my daily chart with the following code, but somehow Thinkorswim it is not respecting the date that comes from "GetValue(GetYYYYMMDD(), GetMinValueOffset(low, 145));". If I hardcode the date like: def anchorDate = 20210325; it works. does anybody know what I'm missing, thanks for any help, regards,

def anchorDate = GetValue(GetYYYYMMDD(), GetMinValueOffset(low, 145));

def todayDate = GetYYYYMMDD();

def postAnchorDate = if todayDate >= anchorDate then 1 else 0;

plot anchoredVWAP = TotalSum(if postAnchorDate then ((high + low + close) / 3) * (volume) else 0) / TotalSum(if postAnchorDate then volume else 0);

anchoredVWAP.SetStyle(Curve.FIRM);
anchoredVWAP.SetLineWeight(3);
anchoredVWAP.SetDefaultColor(Color.CYAN);

AddLabel(yes, anchorDate, CreateColor(43, 152, 242));
AddLabel(yes, todayDate, CreateColor(43, 152, 242));

hey,

I'm trying to automate the anchored vwap to take the lowest date of my daily chart with the following code, but somehow Thinkorswim it is not respecting the date that comes from "GetValue(GetYYYYMMDD(), GetMinValueOffset(low, 145));". If I hardcode the date like: def anchorDate = 20210325; it works. does anybody know what I'm missing, thanks for any help, regards,

plot anchoredVWAP = TotalSum(if postAnchorDate then ((high + low + close) / 3) * (volume) else 0) / TotalSum(if postAnchorDate then volume else 0);

Change this line and see if it works as you expect

Code:
def anchorDate = highestall(GetValue(GetYYYYMMDD(), GetMinValueOffset(low, 145)));

hey,

Can you repost the new code with the automatic date change thank you

Can you repost the new code with the automatic date change thank you

sure, code below:

def anchorDate = highestall(GetValue(GetYYYYMMDD(), GetMinValueOffset(low, 145)));

I'm basically trying to figure out how to modify the previously shared code below so that it shows market-hours-only VWAP on all days, not just today. Many thanks. - Tom

def anchorTime = 0930;
def anchorEnd = 1600;

input ShowTodayOnly = yes;
def Today = if GetDay() == GetLastDay() then 1 else 0;
def postAnchorTime = if SecondsFromTime(anchorTime) >= 0 then 1 else 0;
def endAchorTime = if SecondsTillTime(anchorEnd) >= 0 then 1 else 0;

#plot anchorVWAP for intraday
def volumeSum = compoundValue(1, if postAnchorTime and endAchorTime then volumeSum[1] + volume else 0, volume);
def volumeVwapSum = compoundValue(1, if postAnchorTime and endAchorTime then volumeVwapSum[1] + volume * vwap else 0, volume * vwap);

plot anchorVWAP = if ShowTodayOnly and !Today then Double.NaN else if anchorTime then volumeVwapSum / volumeSum else Double.NaN;
anchorVWAP.setStyle(Curve.Firm);
anchorVWAP.setDefaultColor(Color.light_ORANGE);
anchorVWAP.setlineWeight(2);

I'm basically trying to figure out how to modify the previously shared code below so that it shows market-hours-only VWAP on all days, not just today. Many thanks. - Tom

def anchorTime = 0930;
def anchorEnd = 1600;

input ShowTodayOnly = yes;
def Today = if GetDay() == GetLastDay() then 1 else 0;
def postAnchorTime = if SecondsFromTime(anchorTime) >= 0 then 1 else 0;
def endAchorTime = if SecondsTillTime(anchorEnd) >= 0 then 1 else 0;

#plot anchorVWAP for intraday
def volumeSum = compoundValue(1, if postAnchorTime and endAchorTime then volumeSum[1] + volume else 0, volume);
def volumeVwapSum = compoundValue(1, if postAnchorTime and endAchorTime then volumeVwapSum[1] + volume * vwap else 0, volume * vwap);

plot anchorVWAP = if ShowTodayOnly and !Today then Double.NaN else if anchorTime then volumeVwapSum / volumeSum else Double.NaN;
anchorVWAP.setStyle(Curve.Firm);
anchorVWAP.setDefaultColor(Color.light_ORANGE);
anchorVWAP.setlineWeight(2);

Capture.jpg

Loving this indicator but when I set a starting date, how do I have it only stick for the current symbol that I'm looking at? For example if I pick out a high manually on AAPL, it wouldn't make sense to carry over the exact indicator settings to another ticker when I change my chart view

Loving this indicator but when I set a starting date, how do I have it only stick for the current symbol that I'm looking at? For example if I pick out a high manually on AAPL, it wouldn't make sense to carry over the exact indicator settings to another ticker when I change my chart view

Enter the symbol you want to limit the indicator at the 'input symbol' in the following code

Code:
input symbol     = "AAPL";
input anchorDate = 20200422;
input anchorTime = 2030;

def tradeStartEST = 0930;
def tradeEndEST = 1600;
def inPeriod = if SecondsTillTime(tradeStartEST) <= 0 and SecondsTillTime(tradeEndEST) > 0 then 1 else 0;

def revisedDate = if SecondsTillTime(anchorTime)<=0 and !inPeriod then anchorDate+1 else if SecondsTillTime(anchorTime)<=0 and inPeriod then anchorDate else anchorDate;

def postAnchorDate = if GetYYYYMMDD() >= revisedDate then 1 else 0;
def postAnchorTime = if SecondsTillTime(anchorTime) <= 0 then 1 else 0;

plot anchoredVWAP = if getsymbol()!=symbol then double.nan else TotalSum(if postAnchorDate and postAnchorTime then ((high+low+close)/3)*(volume) else 0)/TotalSum(if postAnchorDate and postAnchorTime then volume else 0);

anchoredVWAP.setStyle(Curve.Firm);
anchoredVWAP.SetDefaultColor(Color.Cyan);

#AddChartBubble(yes,close, revisedDate, color.yellow);

Enter the symbol you want to limit the indicator at the 'input symbol' in the following code
Thank you. This is interesting. Is there a way to have a list? That way I can have say 2 AVWAPs on AAPL and 1 on goog? I like that tradingview and tc2000 stick these to the symbol so you can always reference it again when you step back down the line

Thank you. This is interesting. Is there a way to have a list? That way I can have say 2 AVWAPs on AAPL and 1 on goog? I like that tradingview and tc2000 stick these to the symbol so you can always reference it again when you step back down the line
You can load multiple copies of the script and change the symbols at the input. The scripts will only display the one associated with the chart symbol

I have an anchored VWAP code with standard deviations and I was wondering if anyone could modify it to automatically anchor to the day of the last earnings report. code is below thanks

Code:
# input is bar 126 bc that is the last bar on the 6M 1D Timeframe I use
input Number_Of_Bar1 = 126;
#I set it to 14 days back as that seems to be norm with other indicators like RSI
def Number_Of_Bar = Number_of_Bar1 - 14;
def Data = BarNumber();
input price = ohlc4;
def bar =  Data >= Number_Of_Bar;
def pv = if bar then pv[1] + price * volume else 0;
def cumvolume = if bar then cumvolume[1] + volume else 0;
plot vw = pv / cumvolume;
def bars = data - number_Of_Bar;
def sample = if bar then sample[1] + sqr(price - vw) else 0;
def var = sample/bars;
def dev = sqrt(var);
plot dev1 =  vw + dev;
plot dev2 = vw + (dev * 2);
plot dev3 = vw + (dev * 3);
plot devN1 =  vw - dev;
plot devN2 = vw - (dev * 2);
plot devN3 = vw - (dev * 3);
Was wondering if anyone has been able to provide a solution for this? Anchor VWAP automatically to last earnings date?

Was wondering if anyone has been able to provide a solution for this? Anchor VWAP automatically to last earnings date?
Here is the standard TOS vwap with an Earnings option added.
Screenshot-2021-08-06-065257.png

Ruby:
#
# TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. (c) 2011-2021
#

input timeFrame = {default DAY, WEEK, MONTH, EARNINGS};

def cap = GetAggregationPeriod();
def errorInAggregation =
    timeFrame == timeFrame.DAY and cap >= AggregationPeriod.WEEK or
    timeFrame == timeFrame.WEEK and cap >= AggregationPeriod.MONTH;
Assert(!errorInAggregation, "timeFrame should be not less than current chart aggregation period");

def hearn  = if HasEarnings() then GetYYYYMMDD() else Double.NaN;
def yyyyMmDd = GetYYYYMMDD();
def periodIndx;
switch (timeFrame) {
case DAY:
    periodIndx = yyyyMmDd;
case WEEK:
    periodIndx = Floor((DaysFromDate(First(yyyyMmDd)) + GetDayOfWeek(First(yyyyMmDd))) / 7);
case MONTH:
    periodIndx = RoundDown(yyyyMmDd / 100, 0);
case EARNINGS:
    periodIndx = !IsNaN(hearn);
}
def isPeriodRolled = CompoundValue(1, periodIndx != periodIndx[1], yes);

def volumeSum;
def volumeVwapSum;
def volumeVwap2Sum;

if (isPeriodRolled) {
    volumeSum = volume;
    volumeVwapSum = volume * vwap;
    volumeVwap2Sum = volume * Sqr(vwap);
} else {
    volumeSum = CompoundValue(1, volumeSum[1] + volume, volume);
    volumeVwapSum = CompoundValue(1, volumeVwapSum[1] + volume * vwap, volume * vwap);
    volumeVwap2Sum = CompoundValue(1, volumeVwap2Sum[1] + volume * Sqr(vwap), volume * Sqr(vwap));
}
def price = volumeVwapSum / volumeSum;

plot VWAP = price;
plot UpperBand = price + 1 * deviation;
plot LowerBand = price - 1 * deviation;

VWAP.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(0));
UpperBand.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(2));
LowerBand.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(4));

plot UpperBand2 = price + 2 * deviation;
plot LowerBand2 = price - 2 * deviation;

UpperBand2.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(2));
LowerBand2.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(4));

plot UpperBand3 = price + 3 * deviation;
plot LowerBand3 = price - 3 * deviation;

UpperBand3.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(2));
LowerBand3.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(4));

About this code:

Code:
Code:
input anchorDate = 20200422;
input anchorTime = 2030;

def tradeStartEST = 0930;
def tradeEndEST = 1600;
def inPeriod = if SecondsTillTime(tradeStartEST) <= 0 and SecondsTillTime(tradeEndEST) > 0 then 1 else 0;

def revisedDate = if SecondsTillTime(anchorTime)<=0 and !inPeriod then anchorDate+1 else if SecondsTillTime(anchorTime)<=0 and inPeriod then anchorDate else anchorDate;

def postAnchorDate = if GetYYYYMMDD() >= revisedDate then 1 else 0;
def postAnchorTime = if SecondsTillTime(anchorTime) <= 0 then 1 else 0;

plot anchoredVWAP = TotalSum(if postAnchorDate and postAnchorTime then ((high+low+close)/3)*(volume) else 0)/TotalSum(if postAnchorDate and postAnchorTime then volume else 0);

anchoredVWAP.setStyle(Curve.Firm);
anchoredVWAP.SetDefaultColor(Color.Cyan);

#AddChartBubble(yes,close, revisedDate, color.yellow);

Do I need to change the anchorTime to 09:30am as the day starts at that point or I leave it on 20:30?

@Xhrx The script you posted is the ADJUSTABLE TIME VERSION. You can change the time to whatever suits your strategy. The 2nd script in post#1 is the intraday day version that starts at 09:30. Use whatever fits your trading. You can plug&play the many flavors of this indicator found in this thread to get a better understanding and to modify the inputs to fit your trading.

Thanks @MerryDay for the explanation. I have found a difference between Trendspider Anchored Vwap and this indicator

Look at the video please:
and look the Image

1.jpg

And I tried to do the same on ThinkOrswim but I've found some slightly difference. I'm not sure why there's a difference on anchored Vwap (It's a minor difference)
1-1.jpg