Anchored VWAP Indicator for ThinkorSwim

There are a few VWAP indicators here, but they all require that the start datetime be defined explicitly in code.
Is there a way to anchor the start point using the user interface, ie, to drag the start point around the chart in the same way that the trendline drawings are anchored?

here is an example:

https://alphatrends.net/archives/2017/12/use-anchored-vwap-avwap/
Alan, I'm an Alphatrends fan and have been looking for what you are asking for without any luck. Did you ever find a clink to define start point anchored VWAP like TC2000?

Alan, I'm an Alphatrends fan and have been looking for what you are asking for without any luck. Did you ever find a clink to define start point anchored VWAP like TC2000?
heres a way to do it, because thinkorswim doesnt allow to point and plot. basically what you do is you put a bar counter underneath on the lower studies and it will tell you the bar number that you desire to plot when you hover over it, then you simple click on the vwap line and that will already e plotted and change it to that bar number.

vwap- upper study

Code:
def Data = BarNumber();
input Number_Of_Bar = 1;
input price = close;
def bar =  Data >= Number_Of_Bar;
def pv = if bar then pv[1] + price * volume else 0;
def cumvolume = if bar then cumvolume[1] + volume else 0;
plot vw = pv / cumvolume;
def bars = data - number_Of_Bar;
def sample = if bar then sample[1] + sqr(price - vw) else 0;
def var = sample/bars;
def dev = sqrt(var);

bar counter- lower sudy

declare lower;
plot b = barnumber();

Thank you @BenTen. Could you suggest any intraday trading strategies that can give potential signals?
There are many studies and indicators that work well for intraday but none of them just hand you trades... Most traders use a combination of indicators, except @BenTen, to help make trading decisions... There is no Holy Grail indicator that gets it right every time all by itself...

As for strategies, those are simply a combination of indicators and price action... Most depend on their risk comfort level, whether aggressive or conservative... Only you can decide what works best for you... I have tested many combinations and, like many other traders, keep gravitating back to a combination of several personal favorites that fit risk and comfort levels... Switch a few in and out of the mix and you'll soon determine which ones you do and don't like... Monitor them rather than diving in head first and trusting your trade account to them as misinterpretations can be costly...

Hope this helps...

@evolernet Can anyone help with a watchlist column script to keep count of the Up and Down arrows? A cumulative count of Up and Down arrows would be great. Maybe Green and Red shading behind them would also be nice for trend. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hey guys I've been working on many MTF indicators and one project that I can't seem to get done is a VWAP MTF indicator. Such as getting a 5 minute VWAP chart on a 1 minute chart. If anyone knows how tackle this, that would be great!

Hey guys I've been working on many MTF indicators and one project that I can't seem to get done is a VWAP MTF indicator. Such as getting a 5 minute VWAP chart on a 1 minute chart. If anyone knows how tackle this, that would be great!
Vwap is the same across all time frames on intraday, it doesnt matter what you set it at, thats why is such a powerful tool, you have to probably do a bit more research on what vwap is. Look into anchored vwap sir

Hey @germanburrito great to hear from a pretty active member here! I didn't realize this until I looked at the charts across multiple time frames. I never understood the use of anchored VWAP, but will look into a bit more. Thanks for the clarification :)

How do we use VWAP on a 6 months 1Day chart? How do we alter code for this??

Can someone provide the VWAP code for this?

vwap is a trading benchmark used by traders that gives the average price a security has traded at throughout the day

Using anchored vwap solve it?
yes because basically you can anchored or start the vwap from whenevr you want it, you see vwap is the market, you remember when in grade they usto ask us to find the average price of watermelon, if billy bought 10 watermelons for 10 dollars, cindy 15 for 30 dollars, and stacy 45 for 60 dollars, what is the average price per watermelon, vwap is the average, vwap will give you the average price per "watermelon", the question is from where do you start to average price. well thats up to you, thats where the art comes, but anchored vwap will allow you to start from whereever you want, which is amazing, is almost crazy that platforms only allow you to get the average price f the stock only when the day begins, but yeah anchored vwap will help you.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.