Anchored VWAP Indicator for ThinkorSwim

@ext99k Anchored VWAP shouldn't have any arrows in the first place (you can learn more about the original concept here). But it was added by "linus" in his thinkscript version. In short, yes, the arrows will appear later on, not in real-time.
@BenTen, I agree with you but since I am relying on this chat primarily to ENTER and EXIT the position so my valid concern is those Arrows should have appeared on time. Since now you said it delayed so need to figure out how to correct this issue.

IS the PAID version of your script is good for intraday for 1m to 15 mins of chart style? I am mainly using Micro futures to trade on a daily basis so expecting an indicator that works 100% correct, please advise so I can be a VIP member. Thanks

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

@BenTen, I agree with you but since I am relying on this chat primarily to ENTER and EXIT the position so my valid concern is those Arrows should have appeared on time. Since now you said it delayed so need to figure out how to correct this issue.

IS the PAID version of your script is good for intraday for 1m to 15 mins of chart style? I am mainly using Micro futures to trade on a daily basis so expecting an indicator that works 100% correct, please advise so I can be a VIP member. Thanks
no bro, it needs to be delayed, so the arrows are fractals, fractals can only form after 2 bars, but it really doesnt matter if they form late because the point of those fractols are to create an anchored vwap so you can tell where future price might bounce.

no bro, it needs to be delayed, so the arrows are fractals, fractals can only form after 2 bars, but it really doesnt matter if they form late because the point of those fractols are to create an anchored vwap so you can tell where future price might bounce.
OK I got your points but I observed another thing too, that is those arrows appeared and then disappeared too and after some time it make a permanent arrow so feel like a miss guided. what if if I buy/sell and then it disappeared gives a wrong alart, how to fix this issue ?? Thanks

OK I got your points but I observed another thing too, that is those arrows appeared and then disappeared too and after some time it make a permanent arrow so feel like a miss guided. what if if I buy/sell and then it disappeared gives a wrong alart, how to fix this issue ?? Thanks
Choose a different indicator if this one doesn't suit your needs... As coded, many studies/indicators repaint and there is little that can be done to remedy the issue due to reasons previously described... "Fixing" would essentially make them "different" indicators...

@chIza=iChis1A?H yeah to be honest that script is not very good because the anchored vwaps keep getting restarted, I would much rather plot individual anchored vwaps, look into shannon, hes the one that has started using vwaps for retail traders.

@BenTen , thank you for posting these three indicators. Are the first two (Original and VWAP Anch v0.2) supposed to be used to longer timeframe? like 1h or daily? I looked at them on 1 min and 2 min and arrows and lines dont automatically update. Also, the third one (Intraday) plots a line and nothing much else. Am I missing anything?
I'm interested to know if anyone is looking at any VWAP indicator for 1 or 3 min charts.
Thank you Ben for all your work and support.

I would like to use the VWAP also for the extended hours (dont know, if that is possible)
But when I change the time the VWAP doesn't work.
Can somebody be kind to help me?
Thank you.

Code:
#yakBro intraday anchoredVWAP excluding extended hours volume 2019

declare hide_on_daily;

def anchorTime = 0930;
def anchorEnd = 1600;

input ShowTodayOnly = yes;
def Today = if GetDay() == GetLastDay() then 1 else 0;
def postAnchorTime = if SecondsFromTime(anchorTime) >= 0 then 1 else 0;
def endAchorTime = if SecondsTillTime(anchorEnd) >= 0 then 1 else 0;

#plot anchorVWAP for intraday
def  volumeSum = compoundValue(1, if postAnchorTime and endAchorTime then volumeSum[1] + volume else 0, volume);
def  volumeVwapSum = compoundValue(1, if postAnchorTime and endAchorTime then volumeVwapSum[1] + volume * vwap else 0, volume * vwap);

plot anchorVWAP = if ShowTodayOnly and !Today then Double.NaN else if anchorTime then volumeVwapSum / volumeSum else Double.NaN;
anchorVWAP.setStyle(Curve.Firm);
anchorVWAP.setDefaultColor(Color.light_ORANGE);
anchorVWAP.setlineWeight(2);

z7A8xJh.png
[/IMG]

@samoya Don't know if it's going to work but since you want to get VWAP for pre-market hours, you should set it to any premarket hours time.

Hi was looking to see if its possible to plot the anchored vwap from days high or low instead of open
thanks

I would like to use the VWAP also for the extended hours (dont know, if that is possible)
But when I change the time the VWAP doesn't work.
Can somebody be kind to help me?
Thank you.

Code:
#yakBro intraday anchoredVWAP excluding extended hours volume 2019

declare hide_on_daily;

def anchorTime = 0930;
def anchorEnd = 1600;

input ShowTodayOnly = yes;
def Today = if GetDay() == GetLastDay() then 1 else 0;
def postAnchorTime = if SecondsFromTime(anchorTime) >= 0 then 1 else 0;
def endAchorTime = if SecondsTillTime(anchorEnd) >= 0 then 1 else 0;

#plot anchorVWAP for intraday
def  volumeSum = compoundValue(1, if postAnchorTime and endAchorTime then volumeSum[1] + volume else 0, volume);
def  volumeVwapSum = compoundValue(1, if postAnchorTime and endAchorTime then volumeVwapSum[1] + volume * vwap else 0, volume * vwap);

plot anchorVWAP = if ShowTodayOnly and !Today then Double.NaN else if anchorTime then volumeVwapSum / volumeSum else Double.NaN;
anchorVWAP.setStyle(Curve.Firm);
anchorVWAP.setDefaultColor(Color.light_ORANGE);
anchorVWAP.setlineWeight(2);

z7A8xJh.png
[/IMG]
I always has one question whenever I do see such hardcoded "times" in programming code. Futures hours are open for most of the time windows in EACH Day ( Sunday 6 PM ET to Friday 4:15 PM ) , so can we replace def anchorTime = 0000 and def anchorEnd = 1159 , so technically its open for all the day.