Advanced Order - Repeater

D

Dan Ross

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and new to ThinkOrSwim. (A couple months in).

I have a number of Advanced Orders that I want to have repeat when they are filled. Ameritrade informed me that ThinkOrSwim won't do this directly but it can be done with ThinkScript or the API.

If I don't need to get a new Endpoint setup and code all of this - time savings - to say the least.

Is anyone aware of what could be done in ThinkScript that could allow for an Advanced Order to be repeated when filled?

Or, even triggered with an Alert (that I could set to the same parameter as what would fill the order at the top end or lower end of a bracket).

Any other thoughts?

T

TrueDepth

Did you ask ThinkorSwim customer service WHY they abandoned their auto trading feature?

D

Dan Ross

I asked how I can accomplish it in every way I could imagine within ThinkOrSwim - (non-traditional Triggers - or Triggers phrased differently) but couldn't find an answer that worked.

I wasn't aware that it was once a part of TOS, so I didn't ask this specifically.

The ability to Start an Advanced Order from another Advanced Order would function for my use case but they are indicating they can't find a way to trigger an Advanced Order - only Standard Orders from within TOS.

I find it hard to believe it can't be done - somehow as the API docs clearly provide an endpoint for Creating an Advanced Order.

How they don't have other triggers for it - well, I think there are but I don't know them.

korygill

korygill

VIP
Alternative is to use Sierra which supports advanced charting, auto-trading, and more.

D

Dan Ross

The API allows this to be completed which would make me think that ThinkScript or another Trigger within ThinkOrSwim could be used to achieve the same action.

There are plenty of triggers for a Standard Order - the issue is triggering an Advanced Order.

However, their API docs support an Advanced Order being created.

The event simply would be a Sell. (Or, possibly the same price as what triggers the sell - or slightly higher to allow time for it to fill.)