YungTrader's Ultimate Indicator

• Thread starter YungTraderFromMontana
  • Start date
A

akykn

Did anyone get in on fb? Nice clean breakout yesterday continued to today.
I had
WINNERS; FB, AMAT, INTC,TWTR
LOSERS; EBAY, PYPL
Nice green close overall...
I dont play with lookback often. Those plays with 3 lookback and I think its more accurate unless you recommend different lookback !?

S

sicilianslice

VIP
AAPL looks good long if it can break 320 tomorrow. Thanks for the help Yung, this chart is great. I have started manually going through symbols at night to try to identify the breakouts before they occur.

C

captut

VIP
Found a bug I guess in the ToS platform. Below screenshot, I saved a scan with to show only 20 tickers and when I open the scanner watchlist in a watchlist gadget it only shows 20 tickers. I was not aware the 20 was part of the scanner

C

Craighaber71

2019 Donor
VIP
It's not just you....TOS for some reason has a delay to the W/L...I always refresh when I'm looking for a trade..

A

akykn

Are these for tomorrow? Are you going to trade this before opening?
yes these are my list for tomorrow that got signal after market close. Also I scan the market right after opens with adding study (average vol) 9mil. and match with studies and get in for example yesterday after the bell I hit 2 plays ADSK and LUV

YungTraderFromMontana

YungTraderFromMontana

Just curious your golden buy and sell are not as accurate on the study? Try not use them on shorter timeframe as you mentioned don't use the arrow in earlier post? Some of those arrow just occurs too many times on a trend on smaller timeframe. Thank you
Use the newest one on daily and you should get good results. It would be difficult to rely on the arrows alone though. I only made the study for scanning and backtesting purposes, nothing more. For me the arrows appear on almost all good breakout opportunities on any stock. It will rarely miss one.

YungTraderFromMontana

YungTraderFromMontana

I'm going to work on the scan now. When I finish I think I'm going to start a new thread, I think this one is getting to long and for people who are new it is hard for them to find older versions. With the newest version I've come to the point where I'm satisfied with the indicator so now I'm going to focus on mathematically calculating ideal options strategy's based on breakout targets and also nail down order management.

C

captut

VIP
yes these are my list for tomorrow that got signal after market close. Also I scan the market right after opens with adding study (average vol) 9mil. and match with studies and get in for example yesterday after the bell I hit 2 plays ADSK and LUV
can you share your scan screen please?

YungTraderFromMontana

YungTraderFromMontana

Thanks. I'll mess around with it more after close.
Looking for INTC to tank eod and/or into tomorrow.
Be careful about shorting INTC. It's in gap up mode right now I think there are better set ups.

YungTraderFromMontana

YungTraderFromMontana

I had
WINNERS; FB, AMAT, INTC,TWTR
LOSERS; EBAY, PYPL
Nice green close overall...
I dont play with lookback often. Those plays with 3 lookback and I think its more accurate unless you recommend different lookback !?
If it's a slow day and I'm not finding good plays I check 2-4. 3-4 is best imo on d and 2d though.

A

akykn

can you share your scan screen please?
why is so complicated to post a pic in here :mad: :D nothing dif than yours actually the scan that you have plus I am adding one more study and choose average volume greater than 9mil thats all.

A

akykn

If it's a slow day and I'm not finding good plays I check 2-4. 3-4 is best imo on d and 2d though.
thanks for the reply. I think this is the best combination I ever had. Im still using the same old. I did not update my chart with newest ones you posted. so far its perfect. Do you see big difference with newest ones?

YungTraderFromMontana

YungTraderFromMontana

thanks for the reply. I think this is the best combination I ever had. Im still using the same old. I did not update my chart with newest ones you posted. so far its perfect. Do you see big difference with newest ones?
Yes they are a lot better, if you want to compare you can use the new one and make a plot with the old conditions. Then you can see both the old and new signals. Just make sure you make one wedges and one arrows so they don't cover each other. Accuracy and quality should be improved.

YungTraderFromMontana

YungTraderFromMontana

why is so complicated to post a pic in here :mad: :D nothing dif than yours actually the scan that you have plus I am adding one more study and choose average volume greater than 9mil thats all.
You can share a scan by clicking on the same button you use to save scans and hit share instead. This will give you a link which is easy to share.

YungTraderFromMontana

YungTraderFromMontana

unfortunately this scan doesn't seem possible.

P

pk1729

VIP
@YungTraderFromMontana Thanks for your continuous efforts to improve this indicator.

Scan is the heart of this indicator. Hope you will find a way to improve it.

Does the old scan work along with your latest indicator?

You mentioned that "If it's a slow day and I'm not finding good plays I check 2-4. 3-4 is best imo on d and 2d though." Can you describe which value should be used for which parameter?

Just an observation, on most of the charts I saw ECI compression zone before breakout. It is nice to see two indicators agreeing
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/eci-gaussian-indicator-for-thinkorswim.1160/

YungTraderFromMontana

YungTraderFromMontana

@YungTraderFromMontana Thanks for your continuous efforts to improve this indicator.

Scan is the heart of this indicator. Hope you will find a way to improve it.

Does the old scan work along with your latest indicator?

You mentioned that "If it's a slow day and I'm not finding good plays I check 2-4. 3-4 is best imo on d and 2d though." Can you describe which value should be used for which parameter?

Just an observation, on most of the charts I saw ECI compression zone before breakout. It is nice to see two indicators agreeing
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/eci-gaussian-indicator-for-thinkorswim.1160/
I posted a thread hopefully I can get a response. Yes you can use the new version with the old scan but It won't benefit you much. The biggest improvements of the new study don't have %100 to do with accuracy but mostly with catching all, not most of the best breakouts and making sure the entry wasn't to far after the breakout occurred. Because of this you can't use the old scan and new indicator for equivalent results. You'll flat out miss what makes the new version so good.
I remember checking out the ECI gaussian and for some reason I forgot about it, I saw some good things, I'll look into it. The volatility/squeeze break portion of the indictor is probably what's best about it so far so I don't think I can expect massive improvements but it's still worth a look.