Pre-Sales VIP Questions

Learnbot

I am not VIP member yet, however, thinking about subscribing to your discord and obtaining the "buy the dip" indicator. I just wanted to check something before I subscribe to VIP, would you be able to post an example of 1min chart for TSLA, Apple, ZM or whatever else stock you see fit (not penny stocks plz since I am not that educated to trade small caps yet). I wanted to see if Buy the Dip works for day trading as well as swing.

Edit: This thread has gotten very long. Added some info below for easier access to information.
Summary:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/buy-the-dip-vip-indicator-question.3790/page-23#post-89427

Helpful links for anyone interested in seeing how VIP members are using the BTD indicator to trade:
Customer's reviews:
More reviews can be found here: https://usethinkscript.com/threads/buy-the-dip-indicator-for-thinkorswim.3553/post-34186

Last edited by a moderator:
With the VIP indicators am I able to scan for new trade ideas? I am a swing trader and don't want to spend all day watching the market and looking for chart setups. Can it be useful?

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

With the VIP indicators am I able to scan for new trade ideas? I am a swing trader and don't want to spend all day watching the market and looking for chart setups. Can it be useful?
It is difficult to offer "new" trade ideas when we don't know your "old" trade ideas.
Yes, the VIP forum has scanners and chart setups.

As you know, swing trading, is less about indicators and more about what instruments you choose.
Yes, the VIP forum can enhance your swing trading. The buy-the-dip finds significant dips. VIP forum provides scanners for the most tradable stocks; which are tickers with high liquidity and strong trendlines which are currently at a good value. This is not a "new" trade idea.

Swing traders do not spend the day watching the market. After you make entry. Set your targets as your alerts. Set your stop-loss. And leave it alone. Swing traders do not micromanage their trades.

If you are having issues with your swing trades, perhaps it is because there have been few swing trading opportunities available in 2022. Our bear rallies have not lasted long enough to meet swing targets, causing swing traders to be stopped out with little profit.

In a bear market, swing traders incorporate some day trading techniques. They combine the day trading of their swing corral of stocks on the bear rallies days, using their swing trade criteria, setting their swing targets, but hedge their bets by setting conditional orders to sell when there is a turn in the trend of the instrument or in the market using a lower aggregation than we normally use when swing trading.

Unless you are scalping, don't watch the market all day. It will cause you to question your strategies.
Read more about VIP:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/vip-questions.3790/page-24#post-108653

Last edited:
Hi

I would like to know what are the indicators available if I upgrade to VIP MEMBERSHIP.

Will there be additional charges for indicators or future indicators

Please let me know if there is a sale or offer going for 2023 subscriptions or upgraded

IMO If you have immersed yourself in useThinkScript and used any of the many shared narratives by many masters of code.

Therefore, I look at the VIP Membership as a contribution to the immense trove of very relevant information that I gladly want to support.

The VIP indicators are just icing on this delicious dessert. I do not have any dog in this fight I am just an old trader constantly working on

developing my edge in trading. Good Luck to you and Good Trading!

I have recently moved from Melbourne, Australia. I was small time scalp Trader back there. However while doing the research here to begin my trading career, I found you guys and I was fascinated by the work and effort you guys are putting and I joined as VIP member. I need your or your team's help on below points:

1. There are so many post and reply on chart set up, scan , watchlist and I am really getting confused on setting up my set up based on given resources. May you please help me to find scanner, watchlist and chart set up for following requirement
  • Premarket gap up, unusual Volume scanner.
  • Call/Put volume count that come as label along with open interest and change in open interest.

2. There are so many post and seen as everybody talking about Buy the DIP indicator however mostly I found that it is mainly useful for 2-4 hr or Daily set up. May you please advise that it will work on 1 min, 2 min and 5 min chart?.

3. May you please provide your recommendation on indicator, chart set up and scanner for scalp trading.

I have recently moved from Melbourne, Australia. I was small time scalp Trader back there. However while doing the research here to begin my trading career, I found you guys and I was fascinated by the work and effort you guys are putting and I joined as VIP member. I need your or your team's help on below points:

1. There are so many post and reply on chart set up, scan , watchlist and I am really getting confused on setting up my set up based on given resources. May you please help me to find scanner, watchlist and chart set up for following requirement
  • Premarket gap up, unusual Volume scanner.
  • Call/Put volume count that come as label along with open interest and change in open interest.

2. There are so many post and seen as everybody talking about Buy the DIP indicator however mostly I found that it is mainly useful for 2-4 hr or Daily set up. May you please advise that it will work on 1 min, 2 min and 5 min chart?.

3. May you please provide your recommendation on indicator, chart set up and scanner for scalp trading.
1. A search of the forum found these indicators. Here is the forum search tool
When you have found threads that cover each of your topics, put your questions in that thread instead of creating a post with many questions about many topics. Here are some threads to get you started:
2. When trading, whether scalper, day trader, or swinger. You need to review your 3 time frames. To find the stocks that are dropping in price with the buy the dip as a scalper; yes, you find your potential stocks on the 2-4hr charts. Then you then apply your entry strategy on your preferred time frame. Read more: https://usethinkscript.com/threads/hello-help-buying-the-dip.7946/#post-78578

3. To get a better understanding of your basic chart setup:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/how-to-read-and-trade-the-uts-tape-reader-chart-setup.12134/

Read more:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/scalping-basics-for-thinkorswim.10900/
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/impetus-driving-forces-of-the-market.12319/#post-106539
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/what-are-your-trading-timeframes-and-why.9244/#post-84359

Last edited:
How is everyone’s success rate with BTD in this bear market?
Do you pair BTD with other indicators for filtering out signals?
Do you change the default settings?
Do you swing trade or day trade with it?

Chart illustrations are welcome.

@TradingNumbers

I pair it with support and resistance levels.

Not really, but I do use the medium term length in addition to the default length.

Swing trade

VuBcCWx.png

How is everyone’s success rate with BTD in this bear market?
Dipping in a Bear Market is very different from BTD in Bull Markets
When all the Markets are going up, there are enough ok dips to make a steady profit.

In a Bear Market, it takes patience to wait for an up day in a down market; but it is so worth it, when those dips bounce!

The BTD is not a strategy; it is a tool.
On the VIP forum, members have generously shared their many BTD setups illustrating how they use this tool.

When a stock dips, you must apply a sound basic strategy:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/basics-for-developing-a-good-strategy.8058/
to determine entry.

and review your three timeframes:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...ay-trading-for-thinkorswim.12209/#post-104699

The original version of Buy The Dip is created with default settings that you can modify to best fit your strategy and the instrument that you are trading.

The many customized BTD chart setups provide predefined settings that can be but don't need to be modified.

January had a record number of swing trades.
Feb/March have not had those types of sustained bear rallies. So we have had mainly day-trades:
UNjHL9Q.png
P1Q7Jcb.png

Last edited: