TTM Reversion Bands for ThinkorSwim

BenTen

Administrative
Staff member
Staff
VIP
This indicator is called TTM Reversion Bands, and it's designed for mean reversion trading. When the stock's price is near the reversion bands, it's at an extreme and will generally revert to the mean over time.

RWWMfZ6.png

jeVSm90.png

thinkScript Code

Code:
# TTM - Reversion Bands
# Assembled by BenTen at useThinkScript.com
# Converted from https://www.tradingview.com/script/JpAQTvZH-UCS-TTM-Reversion-Bands/

input length = 25;
input atrlen = 25;
input mult = 2.5;

def tr = Max(close[1], high) - Min(close[1], low);
def range = tr;

def ma = expAverage(close, length);
def rangema = expAverage(range, atrlen);
def upper = ma + rangema * mult;
def lower = ma - rangema * mult;

plot u = upper;
plot moving = ma;
plot l = lower;

u.setDefaultColor(getColor(0));
l.setDefaultColor(getColor(1));
moving.setDefaultColor(getColor(3));

BenTen

Administrative
Staff member
Staff
VIP
@RPrado You would have to make that decision yourself. Test it out and see if the indicator is something you would use on the daily or any other timeframe.

Swamp_Gritz

This is great! thank you I’m using this on one of my Strategy’s. Mean reversion plays of course with oversold / over bought indicator added thanks.

What’s the difference between this and bolinger bands?

samport

VIP
John Carter speaks on this indicator in his book and gives some useful insight on how to use it for swing trading. To summarize he states to first look for squeezes and avoid reversion to the mean (RTM) during the squeeze as it is unpredictable. Once a stock makes a move that is a few ATR above/below the mean then look to go long/short options or better would be credit spreads as theta would actually help you even if it hangs around extended. The settings to use on the daily chart is recommended as 13, 13, 1.5 and for intraday 25, 25, 2.5. I like the indicator and feel it is one of simplest for RTM strategies.