Trend Reversal Indicator with Signals for ThinkorSwim

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Stock Tradin That code snippet (the alerts one) was from the code that @tenacity11 posted. It's from the link I gave you earlier.

It will not work if you paste it directly into the original version of the trend reversal indicator because there were no defined variables for downArrow and upArrow.

I hope that helps.

S

Stock Tradin

VIP
@Stock Tradin That code snippet (the alerts one) was from the code that @tenacity11 posted. It's from the link I gave you earlier.

It will not work if you paste it directly into the original version of the trend reversal indicator because there were no defined variables for downArrow and upArrow.

I hope that helps.
AHHHHHHHH....of course. In anyway at your leisure, when time permits, could anyone with way more knowledge then me, could possibly write the audio alert script when the reversal bubble triggers?????? At least for the "Long/green/bottom Reversal" bubble? Would be greatly appreciated ......

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Stock Tradin Sure, but for the time being, why not use the version with the arrows? They're the same. The modified version already has alerts code in it.

S

Stock Tradin

VIP
@Stock Tradin Sure, but for the time being, why not use the version with the arrows? They're the same. The modified version already has alerts code in it.
Oh I've been using the crap out of it! LOVE it to death.....The bubbles are more eye appealing but when you stare at 6 to 8 different stocks at the same time, it gets overwhelming .... That's why I was asking you/community to possibly put an Audible Alert, or even a blinking red/blue bar on top of the chart?? Or the actual "Reversal" bubble change colors for 10 seconds or so??(I wonder if anyone has ever came up with that idea before?) Whichever is easiest???....definitely would raise eyebrows hahahahah

BTW.....it works magic on the FUTURES chart.....

Last edited:
rad14733

rad14733

VIP
Somehow I can't post pics?!?!?! Anyways....When I paste the script from page 1 then I paste the 2 line script ref the alerts in post 1011....
Alert(downArrow, " ", Alert.Bar, Sound.Chimes);
Alert(upArrow, " ", Alert.Bar, Sound.Bell);

The "Alert(downArrow," and "Alert(upArrow," are highlighted in red. When I save it then the study shows up in red lettering.....
And what is the error displaying at the bottom of the editor...??? That was my question...

P

paraglohiya

VIP
Can someone please share the final file script? there are too many version of it on the forum thank you in advance

P

paraglohiya

VIP
Thank you! there were multiple updates I saw on different page so wanted to get the final version if someone has it :)

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@paraglohiya There are a few modified versions of this. For example, the one posted here replaces the bubbles with arrows. All and all, they should still repaint and work in the same way.

P

Parker427

@Parker427 Was asked multiple times and answered multiple times. [1] [2] [3]
Uhhh no... I posted multiple times of the "self align error" and you or anyone else never gave me the right solution. Even when i said this scan doesn't work, all you did was reply to me on how to add a scanner....

T

Thomas

I'm sorry I haven't read all 51 pages of comments and or questions ref this indicator which I'm in love with, but is there or could be an alert integrated/triggered when a reversal occurs? Please let me know.... That would be incredible!!
Read the thread....understand the steps.......you will find what works and all the work others have put in with modifications, scans, columns, alerts....etc...same questions also pushing this thread toward a small book that can be published on Amazon self publish....if you take the time to read the thread it never would have created a book.....

Last edited:
A

allnetbrett

I have had the Reversal Indicator for a while now, on all my set ups, works, great, but I cannot get the code for the scanner to work.... any suggestions? I tried to recreate it and it keeps saying "Erro:Trying to self-assign non-initialized rec:state."

Please help,

Thank you

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@FOTM_8888 All your custom scripts are saved in the cloud automatically. When you switch to another computer, you can just log in and still have the same scripts. If you want to be safe, you can left-click on each of your custom indicators and select the "Export" option.

T

Thomas

I have had the Reversal Indicator for a while now, on all my set ups, works, great, but I cannot get the code for the scanner to work.... any suggestions? I tried to recreate it and it keeps saying "Erro:Trying to self-assign non-initialized rec:state."

Please help,

Thank you
Read the thread for better understanding.....

T

tem2005

VIP

Please help,

Thank you
On average, how many disappeared signals you have seen on your best timeframe?