Trend Reversal Indicator with Signals for ThinkorSwim

T

tomsk

VIP
Warehouse
@BenTen You are absolutely right given the underlying logic of that study. In some simpler studies MTF may be possible but this particular one does not fall within that camp

D

Dixon72

Warehouse
@BenTen @tomsk Gotcha. I tried quickly adding a different aggregation period and label, but no dice. Thanks for checking it out.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@Dixon72 Glad you made an attempt. But yeah, this one is not easy to work with.

D

Dixon72

Warehouse
@BenTen I read somewhere in the Trend Reversal thread that an AMM version exists somewhere. Is it in the warehouse and I'm just not seeing it?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
C

cs-tos

Hello I’m very new to the forum. Just want to know where I could find the meaning of these acronyms such as ORH, RO etc to help me understand better. Thank you all.

MBF

MBF

VIP
Warehouse
@cs-tos Not sure, you can google Day trading acronyms or trading acronyms.
I couldn't find an end-all site for you that had everything. If you have trouble on the site with verbiage, just ask here. Someone will answer and I will definitely try.
So.
I believe what we have above is:
ORH - Opening Range High - used as resistance then support.
RO - Range Open? Not sure about this one as it's usually used as OR. That's what I think it is.
Try it in the sentence you saw it in and see if it makes sense with what the sentence is referring to.
Oh! And Welcome!

markos

markos

VIP
Warehouse
RO is either Risk On or / and Risk Off, look at the code, there may be an explanation in there.

• Love
Reactions: MBF
T

tomsk

VIP
Warehouse
RO is either Risk On or / and Risk Off, look at the code, there may be an explanation in there.

@markos The acronym RO is the Risk Off Target. This is your first target at which point you will take part of your trade off and set your stop at or just above entry so that the trade is profitable.

MBF

MBF

VIP
Warehouse
@markos The acronym RO is the Risk Off Target. This is your first target at which point you will take part of your trade off and set your stop at or just above entry so that the trade is profitable.
I learn a hundred things everyday

markos

markos

VIP
Warehouse
@tomsk thanks for the correction, that's what I get for not actually looking it up! The important thing for people to realize is that they should have 2 contracts so they can take risk off by covering 1 and set the position so that it is profitable.
I don't trade the ORB, not my time frame. Just trying to remember some of the things that Mobius has told JQ and others.

T

tomsk

VIP
Warehouse
Hey no worries, you were just right there. I'm just placing additional info in case some others were not sure what that meant.
You're right about that multiple contracts. (y)

C

cs-tos

@MBF thank you so much! I have been googling these acronyms but could not find it. This explains it👍 Thank you for welcoming me.

H

HighNDryTrader

Is there a way to add alerts like a ring or ding when this triggers? I have set them up but they are not working.

markos

markos

VIP
Warehouse
Is there a way to add alerts like a ring or ding when this triggers? I have set them up but they are not working.
@HighNDryTrader Please post the code and a picture of the study you are referring to as there are a few mentioned in this post. Thx

T

tomsk

VIP
Warehouse
Sorry should have done this the 1st time. http://tos.mx/vlVadom

@HighNDryTrader I have previously written about this, read post # 385 above. Here's a link

B

BLT

@HighNDryTrader
Add these to the bottom of the script to create the alerts that I think you are wanting

alert(bullish2[1], "Bull", Alert.BAR, Sound.Ring);
alert(bearish2[1], "Bear", Alert.BAR, Sound.Ding);

markos

markos

VIP
Warehouse
@HighNDryTrader
Add these to the bottom of the script to create the alerts that I think you are wanting

alert(bullish2[1], "Bull", Alert.BAR, Sound.Ring);
alert(bearish2[1], "Bear", Alert.BAR, Sound.Ding);
@BLT Welcome to useThinkScript! Happy that you are lending your experience to this excellent website.