Trend Reversal Indicator with Signals for ThinkorSwim

Y

Yazzy2589

VIP
@theelderwand i tried to use the scanner but it’s not showing up. Can you show me how ? @BenTen

Last edited:
3AMBH

3AMBH

VIP
Warehouse
Hi Ben, I like the indicator, thanks for creating it.

The signals take up a lot of chart space. Is there any way to set the signals so they show as arrows or anything else?

Best!

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@3AMBH In the original thread, under Scanner, there is a link to the simplified version of the indicator. Use that version and you're good to go.

B

betogmgf

Hello everyone, wanted to ask if there is a way of removing the bubbles and instead leaving the lines or replacing the bubbles with arrows? I went into the settings icon or gear icon and attempted to do so but the bubbles continue showing up.

dougn

dougn

VIP
Set this up in charts last night and have observed this mornings signals on the hourly, 30m, 15m, and 5m using indices ultras $SSO, $SDS, $QLD, $QID. One profitable trade already in $SSO. Are other users of this indicator including after hours/ pre market data on charts? I did review all of the pages in the thread though did not see a mention or chart example showing this. Thank you

Z

zeek

VIP
I am currently backtesting this indicator using the On-Demand in TOS and because i mainly trade intraday, i like to use lower timeframes like 1,3 and 5min. From my tests, there are too many false signals on the 1min but the 3&5min actually works better than i expected. Yes, there are false signals but usually only one or two on a bigger move. I really like it on extended moves and gapups in smallcaps. On those, the 3 and 5 works really good.

I prefer this one over the Enhanced Trend Reversal.

3AMBH

3AMBH

VIP
Warehouse
@3AMBH In the original thread, under Scanner, there is a link to the simplified version of the indicator. Use that version and you're good to go.
Got It, thanks a lot for your time and attention to my request.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@dougn Personally, I do not use extended hours in any of my charts.

3AMBH

3AMBH

VIP
Warehouse
I am currently backtesting this indicator using the On-Demand in TOS and because i mainly trade intraday, i like to use lower timeframes like 1,3 and 5min. From my tests, there are too many false signals on the 1min but the 3&5min actually works better than i expected. Yes, there are false signals but usually only one or two on a bigger move. I really like it on extended moves and gapups in smallcaps. On those, the 3 and 5 works really good.

I prefer this one over the Enhanced Trend Reversal.
Hi Zeek, I would appreciate knowing about your back test results on the 3 minute. I like to trade 2 min. Thanks

Z

zeek

VIP
Hi Zeek, I would appreciate knowing about your back test results on the 3 minute. I like to trade 2 min. Thanks
Hi @3AMBH Yes, i did try 2min as well but sometimes, it gave almost the same amount of false signals as 1min but other times, it worked much better hardly without any false signals. So that’s when i started using the 3min and this seems to work best with the least false signals if you are into scalping and only trade intraday. 5min is the most reliable but a little too slow for my taste. I do however always have them side by side for confirmation if i have signals on both timeframes.

I havn’t done much backtesting on bigcaps yet, mostly smallcaps so far but i am planning on backtesting some big rangers like BYND, ROKU etc.

Will try and collect some data from my testing and can share it here if you are interested.

3AMBH

3AMBH

VIP
Warehouse
Hi Zeek, I am only trading the SPY right now. But if you have time and can share I would be grateful. I am new to options trading.

This may be a dumb question but do you get the false signals more on down or up signals or both?

Mind telling me what other indicator (s) you are using with it?

Thanks for your time
BH

A

alex16

Hola Ben, escribo desde Colombia, agradecido por el valor que ofrece toda la comunidad todos los días, escribo para solicitar a alguien especializado en guiones, me gustaría activar una alerta auditiva cada vez que el indicador de inversión de tendencia activa su señal, alguien podría ayudarme, agradezco sus amables respuestas

K

kalivibe

I am new here. How do I import the scan. I imported the link but does not show as a scan I can choose?

mc01439

mc01439

VIP
Warehouse
Hola Ben, escribo desde Colombia, agradecido por el valor que ofrece toda la comunidad todos los días, escribo para solicitar a alguien especializado en guiones, me gustaría activar una alerta auditiva cada vez que el indicador de inversión de tendencia activa su señal, alguien podría ayudarme, agradezco sus amables respuestas

Translation for Ben - from kalivibe - Hi Ben, I write from Colombia, grateful for the value that the whole community offers every day, I write to request someone specialized in scripts, I would like to activate an auditory alert every time the trend reversal indicator activates its signal, someone could Help me, I appreciate your kind answers

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@mc01439 Thanks for that.

@alex16 Lamentablemente, el código de alertas no funcionará para este indicador. No los recibirá en tiempo real. (pulled this from Google Translate)

Alerts will not work for this indicator. They will be delayed.

PurpleWolf

PurpleWolf

VIP
How can I change from the bubble signals with numbers to arrows on the Enhanced Trend Reversal indicator?