Tick/q Chart Alignment

solaris

Is it possible to use this indicator on the same chart with the qqq or /nq, instead of using a different chart becuase i cannot get the time to synch up correctly. I've tried using the comparison symbol but that doesn't help. I would like to have a chart with the qqq or /nq and have the ability to read the $tick/q on the same chart if that is possible. any suggestions would help.

Attachments

• Tickq.PNG
    Tickq.PNG
    226 KB · Views: 96
  • Ticks.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 72
Solution
Is it possible to use this indicator on the same chart with the qqq or /nq, instead of using a different chart becuase i cannot get the time to synch up correctly. I've tried using the comparison symbol but that doesn't help. I would like to have a chart with the qqq or /nq and have the ability to read the $tick/q on the same chart if that is possible. any suggestions would help.

This has 2 scripts, both using the depricated (not supported) addchart() function. Both are placed in the lower panel. In chart settings/general, the Layout: show price subgraph is unchecked.

This will allow the use of TOS's normalization process to combine the display of both in one chart. This process using the left and righ axis will cause the...

This has 2 scripts, both using the depricated (not supported) addchart() function. Both are placed in the lower panel. In chart settings/general, the Layout: show price subgraph is unchecked.

This will allow the use of TOS's normalization process to combine the display of both in one chart. This process using the left and righ axis will cause the candles to move to stay within those axis settings.

The Chart is set to 1m using QQQ.

The lower study using "$TICK/Q" is set to 5m as used in your image. It is set to enable left axis.

Here is a link related to the image below. https://tos.mx/aQw5CPG
Here us the "QQQ" addchart script in the lower panel
Code:
input sym = "QQQ";
input charttype = ChartType.CANDLE;

def oPart = open(symbol = sym);
    def hPart = high(symbol = sym);
    def lPart = low(symbol = sym);
    def cPart = close(symbol = sym);

def o1 = if oPart < cPart then oPart else Double.NaN;
    def c1 = if oPart < cPart then cPart else Double.NaN;
    def h1 = if oPart < cPart then hPart else Double.NaN;
    def l1 = if oPart < cPart then lPart else Double.NaN;

AddChart(growColor = Color.GREEN, fallColor = Color.RED, neutralColor = Color.GRAY, high = h1, low = l1, open = c1, close = o1, type = charttype);

def o = if oPart >= cPart then oPart else Double.NaN;
    def h = hPart;
    def l = lPart;
    def c = if oPart >= cPart then cPart else Double.NaN;
    AddChart(growColor = CreateColor(153, 0, 0), fallColor = Color.GREEN, neutralColor = Color.GRAY, high = h, low = l, open = o, close = c, type = charttype);
Here is the "$TICK/Q" script in the lower panel
Code:
#provide by Tonie Hock in thinkscript lounge
input symbol = "$TICK/Q";
input AggPeriodMin = 5;

#hidePricePlot();
def ChartAggMin = getAggregationPeriod() / 1000 / 60;
def multiplier = AggPeriodMin / ChartAggMin;
def x = barNumber();
def c = close(symbol);
def o = if x % multiplier == 0
        then open(symbol)
        else o[1];
def h = if x % multiplier == 0
        then high(symbol)
        else max(high(symbol), h[1]);
def l = if x % multiplier == 0
        then low(symbol)
        else min(low(symbol), l[1]);
def c1=if x%multiplier==0 and o<=c  then c   else double.nan;
def o1=if x%multiplier==0 and o<=c  then o[1]+0 else double.nan;
def h1=if x%multiplier==0 and o<=c  then max(h+0,h[1]+0) else double.nan;
def l1=if x%multiplier==0 and o<=c  then min(l+0,l[1]+0) else double.nan;

addLabel(1, "Agg Min. = " + AggPeriodMin +
          "  Open = " + o +
          "  High = " + h +
          "  Low = " + l +
          "  Close = " + c +
          "  OHLC = " + ((o+h+l+c)/4), color.white);
addchart(h1,l1,o1,c1, type = charttype.candle,color.white);

def c2=if x%multiplier==0 and o>=c  then c   else double.nan;
def o2=if x%multiplier==0 and o>=c  then o[1]+0 else double.nan;
def h2=if x%multiplier==0 and o>=c  then max(h+0,h[1]+0) else double.nan;
def l2=if x%multiplier==0 and o>=c  then min(l+0,l[1]+0) else double.nan;

addchart(h2,l2,o2,c2, type = charttype.candle,color.cyan);

plot zerobase = 0;

Solution

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

This will allow the use of TOS's normalization process to combine the display of both in one chart. This process using the left and righ axis will cause the candles to move to stay within those axis settings.

The Chart is set to 1m using QQQ.

The lower study using "$TICK/Q" is set to 5m as used in your image. It is set to enable left axis.

Here is a link related to the image below. https://tos.mx/aQw5CPG

Here us the "QQQ" addchart script in the lower panel

Here is the "$TICK/Q" script in the lower panel
Thank for the help, this is good to know