tick data feed create renko chart similar to TOS and auto trade

Baappi

I am looking to create renko charts based on tick data feed. Basic idea is to create renko + moving avg chart
and auto trade based on the set up. I have seen many renko setups but i felt TOS has superior renko charts(range based).
is there anyone who can help me or nudge me in right direction. I have been chasing my tail here.

rad14733

Staff member
VIP
@Baappl Renko Bars and Range Bars are based on Tick data... But I doubt you can auto-trade, as you are wanting, because Thinkorswim doesn't support auto-trading... The closest you can come is using Conditional Orders... I have a topic on a Renko Bar Trading System here in these forums and if you use the search feature you can find it...

Baappi

@Baappl Renko Bars and Range Bars are based on Tick data... But I doubt you can auto-trade, as you are wanting, because Thinkorswim doesn't support auto-trading... The closest you can come is using Conditional Orders... I have a topic on a Renko Bar Trading System here in these forums and if you use the search feature you can find it...
@rad14733 thnx for the reply. you are right auto trades is not possible in TOS. what i am trying to do is get tick data feed and create range based renko (mimic TOS renko-range-tick chart if can) slap ema and auto trade using APIs / python. I know easier said than done but want to try atleast.