ThinkorSwim on Multiple Monitors and Windows

ssaeed73

I'm having a weird issue with ThinkorSwim. I have three monitors and have charts and watchlists scattered on the three monitors. When I start ToS, all the charts and most of the watch lists open up in the correct location on the monitor they are supposed to open on...a couple of watchlists however always open on a different monitor and I have to manually move them to the correct location but on program restart they move again. Anyone know how to solve this issue?

rad14733

VIP
I run one of my systems with two monitors and everything stays where I put it... My third monitor is actually an All-In-One with only a couple TOS windows open... And then there is my laptop that always has about eight TOS windows open, and one of those has nine charts open, and everything stays in place... Your situation sounds odd...

Have your cleaned up garbage by going to Help > System > Collect Garbage and then close TOS and delete your usergui directory before restarting TOS...???

XeoNoX

VIP
are you running 3rd party software for your video card/monitor settings or custom settings for your video card under a certain environment? you can also try updating to the latest video card drivers. if you have a monitor that "cuts in and out" that would cause it to as the system would go from 2 monitors to 3 causing screen layout re-arrangement. similar to if you manually turn off a monitor the windows change to the default monitor.

worst case scenario, you can always save the workspace and then just load the workspace manually, its quicker than re-arranging.

dinodotcom

2019 Donor
@ssaeed73 I also have just recently begun to have this problem. Been using TOS on multiple monitors for years and just within the last couple of weeks/month, the windows no longer retain their location. Clearing garbage does nothing. Maybe deleting workspace may help. Might try when I have some more time later.