Repaints The PAM High Low Chart Setup For ThinkOrSwim

Repaints
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Heard in the video "70 Delta Option". Correct? Just wanted to know what is your choice for DTE? 0DTE, 1DTE or longer Dated Option? A newbee question (please).

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Question: Heard in the video "70 Delta Option". Correct? Just wanted to know what is your choice for DTE? 0DTE, 1DTE or longer Dated Option? A newbee question (please).
If you are brand new to trading, you should never touch 0 dte's and only play 70 deltas. The market is already working against you and you don't want your emotions to do the same, although if you are new, chances are you will be emotional even with 70 deltas.

I recommend taking a standard option that expires a week out with a 70 delta if you are a new trader so you give the trade time to breathe.

The reasoning is that you probably won't get in at the right time, you will definitely mismanage the trade as you are learning, and you want to lose as little as possible while you learn.

I will also say that the very best option contract traders I know of only trade 70 deltas and they've been doing it for a very long time. If you trade anything less, you are paying entirely too much for premium and there is not enough intrinsic value in the contract so your positions will be subjected to time melting your premium off the contract instead of price action.

If you are brand new to trading, you should never touch 0 dte's and only play 70 deltas. The market is already working against you and you don't want your emotions to do the same, although if you are new, chances are you will be emotional even with 70 deltas.

I recommend taking a standard option that expires a week out with a 70 delta if you are a new trader so you give the trade time to breathe.

The reasoning is that you probably won't get in at the right time, you will definitely mismanage the trade as you are learning, and you want to lose as little as possible while you learn.

I will also say that the very best option contract traders I know of only trade 70 deltas and they've been doing it for a very long time. If you trade anything less, you are paying entirely too much for premium and there is not enough intrinsic value in the contract so your positions will be subjected to time melting your premium off the contract instead of price action.
Thank you for taking time to reply. Much appreciated. Feel very confident that I am on the right path. Glad I came across this "PAM" at the right moment. Look forward to updates and lots more.

@Chemmy We have a group member in the discord that as we are putting PAM into practice, we have found tremendous value of being able to have two timeframes for buy call and buy put signals. So the picture will probably explain it better but essentially having a 3m timeframe in a 15m timeframe and having them different colors is amazing and really allows you to fully kill it with PAM. Take a look and is it something we can do on the next iteration?

HNegbTE.png
You mean basically overlaying the time frames? Yes, that shouldn't be too hard to do -- happy to add that in, or to just have the option to choose any higher time frame to overlay. Sorry, I likely won't be around much this week due to family matters though. I may be able to get back with the next batch of updates sometime next week.

You mean basically overlaying the time frames? Yes, that shouldn't be too hard to do -- happy to add that in, or to just have the option to choose any higher time frame to overlay. Sorry, I likely won't be around much this week due to family matters though. I may be able to get back with the next batch of updates sometime next week.
No worries. Thanks for everything you do. PAM has really caught fire.
Basically, the group just likes having two timeframes for buy calls and two for buy puts where you can have a 3m and 15m represented on the same chart with the 15m overlayed on the 3m. It's really nice. I have it set up manually and have shared my grid with others but it will be the best update to PAM yet.

Hello! Just wanted to say thank you @Chemmy and @OGOptionSlayer for this indicator! After reading through all the posts, I decided to give it a try this morning. I caught a 20 point move on /ES and took profit at the bottom of the channel where it just happen to start to reverse.

Also caught some puts on Microsoft using the same method: Took the 2DTE 272.50 Puts from 1.65 to 5.00. I also used /NQ to gauge market conditions.

Edit: this is my first post and I kept getting the "image unable to load" message but it looks like it fixed itself.

The only thing I use differently than you is the 10m instead of the 15m. Given the accuracy of PAM long term, I feel this is a safe transition. I moved from 15m to 10m.
So basically you're saying 3m and 10m as opposed to 3 and 15? I will say it is really nice to see how PAM intersects with order blocks.

The only thing I use differently than you is the 10m instead of the 15m. Given the accuracy of PAM long term, I feel this is a safe transition. I moved from 15m to 10m.
I tested it on the 5m with the 15m overlay. i think I used it correctly and it is impressive. I actually used the HAM strat I am working on to take trade on a 2m and this for confirmation. Great work!

So basically you're saying 3m and 10m as opposed to 3 and 15? I will say it is really nice to see how PAM intersects with order blocks.
How do you identify order blocks while using PAM? What do you use to identify the order blocks?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the order blocks concept the way he teaches it. I would like to add FVG's to PAM as FVG's tend to be filled and then price moves away from it. I think it's another good area of confluence for PAM to have built inside of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
281 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back