Repaints The PAM High Low Chart Setup For ThinkOrSwim

Repaints
Status
Not open for further replies.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

So yes, full disclosure there is still a range within the length where if a higher high or lower low if established, the zones will re-establish. You may find when price is running, that zones will try to establish during pauses for instance, only to re-draw once the trend continues. Personally, I would recommend using this with other indicators or levels just as you're doing in your screenshot to find your best risk-to-reward entry, rather than relying on it solely for your entries.

--Side note, is that a study done on your volume profile to show a level at the LVNs there? If so, would you mind sharing? It looks really interesting.
Hello! Can you please tell me if it is possible to make sure that after the signal to buy or sell (arrow turned on), this same range and a signal to open the deal did not disappear after updating the high or low of a given range of candles?

Hello OptionsSlayer/Chemmy,
I am a newbie and enjoyed watching your video and read through all the 19 pages of this very interesting PAM indicator. In the 3min chart on SPY from the YT video, supposing we take the Buy call (arrow on the green box) and SPY keeps climbing and the red resistance box starts to form (but the sell put signal has not fired yet), do we close out the long trade (or wait for the down arrow to appear). Just wanted to know how you have been trading.

Thanks

RS

PS: The video resolution is not sharp though.

@OGOptionSlayer
I went through all the posts and can't remember which one it was but you mentioned ICT concepts and am wondering if you were referring to Order blocks or Fair Value gaps or something else.. TIA
I watch for FVG's all day long. I'm still going through ICT's 2022 Mentoring. It's a simple concept but difficult because he is so long-winded and goes off on like 1000's of tangents before making his point. I would just like a Cliff's notes version of that dude speaking. But yeah, probably mentioned FVG's somewhere as I really like them and see them executed constantly throughout the day.

I watch for FVG's all day long. I'm still going through ICT's 2022 Mentoring. It's a simple concept but difficult because he is so long-winded and goes off on like 1000's of tangents before making his point. I would just like a Cliff's notes version of that dude speaking. But yeah, probably mentioned FVG's somewhere as I really like them and see them executed constantly throughout the day.
I also follow the concepts and this is actually a very nice addendum with them especially the liquidity grabs. I used this yesterday (with stocks) and caught 2 nice trades on a 5m but using order blocks. I may have some things I've saved related to notes. I went through the 2022 mentorship and yes it is long winded but well worth it.

Here is the second video covering the strategy and basic concepts in using PAM:

Nice video and great work with this strategy! I noticed when I followed your settings I had a huge a difference between the 13 and 48 EMA's. Everything else lined up perfectly. Not sure if I may have missed it, but the EMA difference was ETH was disabled. Once I enabled it, the EMA's were aligned to your video. All good!

Nice video and great work with this strategy! I noticed when I followed your settings I had a huge a difference between the 13 and 48 EMA's. Everything else lined up perfectly. Not sure if I may have missed it, but the EMA difference was ETH was disabled. Once I enabled it, the EMA's were aligned to your video. All good!
Love to have the entire chart set up (including all TOP (inset upper strategies). Please share. Thank you

Dear @Chemmy and/or @halcyonguy
Could I bother you a sec? I am trying to develop a strategy with PAM Ive got the open trade signal but am having a hard time pinning down the close signal. Thank you for developing this indicator.. really. I will post a bit of the code so you can see how I am attempting. Any assistance and I would be most grateful.. :)
Code:
#======== SIGNALS ====================================================================
input HowManyBars = 1;
input price = close;
input SignalNumber = 0;

def BuySignal =
if What2Buy >= 0 and price[SignalNumber] crosses above low1high[SignalNumber] within HowManyBars bars
then 1
else 0;

def SellSignal =
if What2Buy <= 0 and price[SignalNumber] crosses below high1low[SignalNumber] within HowManyBars bars
then 1
else 0;

def BuyExit =
if price crosses below low1
#if price == 0
then 1
else 0;

def SellExit =
if price crosses above high1
#if price == 0
then 1
else 0;

#======== STRATEGY ORDERS =============================================================
input UseExits = no;
def orderPrice = open[-1];

AddOrder(OrderType.BUY_TO_OPEN, condition = BuySignal and RTH, price = orderPrice, contracts, tickcolor = Color. GREEN, arrowcolor = Color.GREEN, name = "Long");

AddOrder(OrderType.SELL_TO_CLOSE, condition = UseExits and BuyExit, price = orderPrice, contracts, tickcolor = Color. GREEN, arrowcolor = Color.GREEN, name = "LongClose");

AddOrder(OrderType.SELL_TO_OPEN, condition = SellSignal and RTH, price = orderPrice, contracts, tickcolor = Color.RED, arrowcolor = Color.RED, name = "Short");

AddOrder(OrderType.BUY_TO_CLOSE, condition = UseExits and SellExit, price = orderPrice, contracts, tickcolor = Color.RED, arrowcolor = Color.RED,  name = "ShortClose");

here is a snip to show you the line I am referring too
zmVsXqI.png

Last edited:
What's ETH?

@Chemmy We have a group member in the discord that as we are putting PAM into practice, we have found tremendous value of being able to have two timeframes for buy call and buy put signals. So the picture will probably explain it better but essentially having a 3m timeframe in a 15m timeframe and having them different colors is amazing and really allows you to fully kill it with PAM. Take a look and is it something we can do on the next iteration?

HNegbTE.png

Reactions: ALF
Yes you must have extended hours enabled. PAM is much less effective, giving its non-lagging nature, if you are not trading with extended hours.

I also follow the concepts and this is actually a very nice addendum with them especially the liquidity grabs. I used this yesterday (with stocks) and caught 2 nice trades on a 5m but using order blocks. I may have some things I've saved related to notes. I went through the 2022 mentorship and yes it is long winded but well worth it.
I would love to see them.

@OGOptionSlayer : Thank you for the amazing indicator. Couple of questions:
1. On 3 Min timeframe are we using 5 min aggregation?
2. I see in your flexible grid that you have the added indicator twice, any reason why?
3. Is 3 min timeframe with 20 bar is the best setting so far?

@OGOptionSlayer : Thank you for the amazing indicator. Couple of questions:
1. On 3 Min timeframe are we using 5 min aggregation?
2. I see in your flexible grid that you have the added indicator twice, any reason why?
3. Is 3 min timeframe with 20 bar is the best setting so far?
I've added two different layers to the timeframe. A 3m and a 15m so that I can catch the trend early and know to stay in it as the trend moves directionally.

Honestly, my favorite timeframe using this now is the 3m.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
286 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back