Small Account Banter

markos

markos

VIP
@HighBredCloud I can't comment on that because every client's portfolio was unique to them. Thus no particular indicator. There is no holy grail... ;)
@HighBredCloud A little correction, I owned my own firm under the banner of SunAmerica Securities. Self employed. 50 cold calls a night if I didn't have appointments. back then, people picked up their phones.
Even back then, there was no money to be made pushing individual stocks. The OSJ (compliance overseer) told me to stick with Mutual Funds and creating plans for clients. To help clients understand patience, we showed them the idea of buy/sell on a 10 month SMA. It lagged but it was the concept I wanted to get across.

H

HighBredCloud

VIP
@HighBredCloud A little correction, I owned my own firm under the banner of SunAmerica Securities. Self employed. 50 cold calls a night if I didn't have appointments. back then, people picked up their phones.
Even back then, there was no money to be made pushing individual stocks. The OSJ (compliance overseer) told me to stick with Mutual Funds and creating plans for clients. To help clients understand patience, we showed them the idea of buy/sell on a 10 month SMA. It lagged but it was the concept I wanted to get across.
@markos You know what...I know that we are in this community because we share a common goal...rather its to make money or to use coding skills to create indicators...whatever that may be. I am still a firm believer that as day traders we simply complicate things. There is no way that institutional traders know more than any person on this forum. They ONLY get the best of us because they make their buys in the millions of shares...while the average trader only in the couple hundred or so...That is why there is no holy grail indicator...no matter how much we may know our volume will never be enough to move the markets.

Now can you just imagine what would happen IF ALL the average Joe traders out there bought or shorted the same stock at the same time? ONLY that would truly move the markets in favor of the day traders...maybe. Otherwise, no matter how good the indicator...or the brilliant minds behind each strategy...we simply don't have the volume to put a dent in the market.

What I am slowly learning is that patience will get you a lot farther than then perfect entry or exit. So when we have that to work with perhaps we need indicators that just focus on that...patience.