Schwab-TDA Merger: Thoughts, Rumors, Sightings...

Schwab is continuing to have issues with populating the log-on screen
fzgLxO8.png

To prevent sign-in issues, make sure that the Remember Login ID is not clicked.
And that you do not have use biometrics in your defaults.

This will resolve any log-on issues with the desktop app
Unfortunately, the mobile issues continue to be a challenge.

@Joshua

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

They do not properly calculate the buying power after closing trades as it becomes the same amount of any funds in the account that aren't in positions. This wasn't broken before the Schwab switch.

my logon screen is choppped and not even showing correctly. it used to show the full logon, (i cant even see the GEAR settings icon/button) i have to use windows scaling to fix it. guess it doesnt like 2560x1440 resolutions when scaled by application. i prefer scaling by application, gives a sharper looking appearance. been meaning to reach out to TOS about it, but not too bad of a glitch for me to actually take the time to reach out to them. even if i do reach out im not expecting much out of them, i figure maybe one day they'll fix it.

1719115210467.png

1719115248565.png

In ThinkOrSwim there's a tab labeled "Shared Items" and I had many of them when TOS was with TD Ameritrade, but were lost when I logged on to my new Swab account. What happened to all the "Shared Items" and my indicators with page and tab formats??

In ThinkOrSwim there's a tab labeled "Shared Items" and I had many of them when TOS was with TD Ameritrade, but were lost when I logged on to my new Swab account. What happened to all the "Shared Items" and my indicators with page and tab formats??

Unfortunately, the listing under "shared items" did not transfer over to the new Schwab accounts.

My two big issues with the merger/conversion is that now:

1. My TOS orders don't show up in the Schwab.com Order Status. I only noticed this when I knew an order had completed but it didn't show up in the Filled Schwab orders. It shows up in the Transaction History, and Account Positions. They do put this banner on the Schwab.com Order Status page but.... I didn't have this issue with TDA. Order Status was ALL orders, whether placed on TDA.com or TOS.

1723249582908.png

That's a big one. My rep can't provide me information on why this is, nor direct me to a resource that can fix this or satisfactorily explain how I can work around it.

2. There is no longer an Unrealized Gain/Loss Detail report available. My rep says that there are several requests from the rep team in for this to be created. They have a Realized Gain/Loss Detail report. I use the Unrealized one considerably in portfolio and tax planning. Without it, I'm likely to move my accounts to pretty much any other broker as they all appear to have this report available. I even sent copies of the Fidelity and Interactive Broker samples to my rep. He liked them. So do I. It's a big deal to me that they can provide the Unrealized Gain/Loss Detail on a position by position basis but don't seem to be able to provide an account report. TDA used Gainskeeper for the service.

Overall I'm not feeling this Schwab move may not be going to work for me. I love TOS, but the blind spots at Schwab are pretty large in my usual processes, and I haven't figured how to configure my mirrors to avoid having an accident.

My two big issues with the merger/conversion is that now:

1. My TOS orders don't show up in the Schwab.com Order Status. I only noticed this when I knew an order had completed but it didn't show up in the Filled Schwab orders. It shows up in the Transaction History, and Account Positions. They do put this banner on the Schwab.com Order Status page but.... I didn't have this issue with TDA. Order Status was ALL orders, whether placed on TDA.com or TOS.

View attachment 22581

That's a big one. My rep can't provide me information on why this is, nor direct me to a resource that can fix this or satisfactorily explain how I can work around it.

2. There is no longer an Unrealized Gain/Loss Detail report available. My rep says that there are several requests from the rep team in for this to be created. They have a Realized Gain/Loss Detail report. I use the Unrealized one considerably in portfolio and tax planning. Without it, I'm likely to move my accounts to pretty much any other broker as they all appear to have this report available. I even sent copies of the Fidelity and Interactive Broker samples to my rep. He liked them. So do I. It's a big deal to me that they can provide the Unrealized Gain/Loss Detail on a position by position basis but don't seem to be able to provide an account report. TDA used Gainskeeper for the service.

Overall I'm not feeling this Schwab move may not be going to work for me. I love TOS, but the blind spots at Schwab are pretty large in my usual processes, and I haven't figured how to configure my mirrors to avoid having an accident.

ThinkOrSwim platform does not have access to data on Schwab.com.
Therefore, there is not a scripting solution to your issues.
You will need to continue to attempt to resolve with Schwab support.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
324 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back