Scan the bar Lower Low input the date

kc5560

Hello,
Can you help me to make scan to find the third bar Lower low, which is start by the date I chosen?
example
By chosen date: 9/12/22 the day low 55 named Bar Zero, next day day low 56, this bar is not "qalified" because is higher than Bar Zero, then next day day low is 53. this bar is qalified because lower than Bar Zero(55) . And named that Bar 1, Finally I only need to find another bar which is lower than Bar 1 ,named Bar 2 then finished..

Many Thank for help

Solution
Hello,
Can you help me to make scan to find the third bar Lower low, which is start by the date I chosen?
example
By chosen date: 9/12/22 the day low 55 named Bar Zero, next day day low 56, this bar is not "qalified" because is higher than Bar Zero, then next day day low is 53. this bar is qalified because lower than Bar Zero(55) . And named that Bar 1, Finally I only need to find another bar which is lower than Bar 1 ,named Bar 2 then finished..

Many Thank for help

I am not sure what you want a scan of Bar2 results to find, so I had 'plot scan' to just find if Bar2 is the last bar on the daily chart ( you can increase the number of bars to lookback by...
Hello,
example

Many Thank for help

I am not sure what you want a scan of Bar2 results to find, so I had 'plot scan' to just find if Bar2 is the last bar on the daily chart ( you can increase the number of bars to lookback by revising 'plot scan = Bar1==2 within 3 bars;', for example.

I have just shown you how to find the value of the low at Bar2 from a date you input in the commented out (#) code. Just delete the '#' in front of each line if you want to see this result.

Ruby:
def date = 20220912;
def BAR0 = if GetYYYYMMDD() == date then low else BAR0[1];
def BAR1 = if GetYYYYMMDD() > date and low < GetValue(BAR0, 1) then BAR1[1] + 1 else BAR1[1];
#plot BAR2 = if BAR1 == 2 then low else double.nan;
#BAR2.setpaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy.VALUES_BELOW);
#Addlabel(1, "BAR2: " + getvalue(highestall(BAR2),1), color.white);
plot scan = Bar1 == 2;

Solution
When The bar2 day high is higher than bar 1 and bar zero i will buy stocks that may be takes a week ,

This might be more helpful based upon you last post. It will find the Lows and Highs using your criteria. The scan is based upon the Highs in this code. If there are not any bars after the initial Bar0High that have met the criteria to Bar1High or Bar2High, they will appear as 'N/A' until met.

Ruby:
input date = 20220912;

def BAR0Low     = if GetYYYYMMDD() == date
                  then low else BAR0Low[1];
def BARLowCount = if GetYYYYMMDD() > date and low < GetValue(BAR0Low, 1)
                  then BARLowCount[1] + 1 else BARLowCount[1];
def Bar1Low     = if BARLowCount == 1 then low else Double.NaN;
def BAR2Low     = if BARLowCount == 2 then low else Double.NaN;

AddLabel(1, "Lows || Bar0: " + BAR0Low +
            " Bar1Low: " + GetValue(HighestAll(Bar1Low), 1) +
            " Bar2Low: " + GetValue(HighestAll(BAR2Low), 1), Color.WHITE);

def BAR0High     = if GetYYYYMMDD() == date
                   then high else BAR0High[1];
def BARHighCount = if GetYYYYMMDD() > date and high > GetValue(BAR0High, 1)
                   then BARHighCount[1] + 1 else BARHighCount[1];
def Bar1High     = if BARHighCount == 1
                   then high else Double.NaN;
def BAR2High     = if BARHighCount == 2
                   then high else Double.NaN;

AddLabel(1, "Highs || Bar0: " + BAR0High +
            " Bar1High: " + GetValue(HighestAll(Bar1High), 1) +
            " Bar2High: " + GetValue(HighestAll(BAR2High), 1), Color.WHITE);

plot scan = BAR2High > Bar1High and BAR2High > BAR0High;

I copy the script paste to scan ,it does not work, show "AddLabel is not allowed in this context" May be I did somthing wrong?
You cannot have label code in a scan. The labels were mostly so you code verify that the code works. Either comment them out by putting an '*' before addlabel or delete them in your scan.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.